Author Topic: Buddhism exhibition attracts 40,000 visitors  (Read 20841 times)

DSFriend

Buddhism exhibition attracts 40,000 visitors
« on: June 20, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
Source : http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/2bhddt/Article/

IPOH: Thousands of Buddhists thronged the Ipoh Kadhampa Buddhist Centre here to see Buddha's relics and Tibetan Buddhism decorations and antiques.

The seven-day event called Millennium Secrets: Buddha Relics and Tibetan Antiques Exhibition was organised by the Malaysia Kadhampa Buddhist Association with the Ipoh Kadhampa Buddhist Centre.

Devotees and visitors also received blessing from His Holiness Dromtug Rinpoche during the exhibition which was held from May 27 to June 2.

The Rinpoche, who is based in Singapore, is one of the highest-ranking Lamas and is recognised by Serkong Tritul Rinpoche, a great lineage of the Kadhampa School of Tibetan Buddhism.

Rinpoche also presided over a fire pooja on the last day of the exhibition which was attended by thousands of devotees.

Among the guests-of-honour were Ipoh Barat member of parliament M.Kulasegaran, Ipoh-based Siribunyamaggarama Thai Buddhist Temple's abbot Phra Ajaan Liang Pemaseelo and Laity committee chairman William Tan.

Among the relics on show were articles belonging to Buddha such as his bones and blood.

Organising committee chairman Steven Chen said the exhibition had attracted over 40,000 devotees and visitors.

Rinpoche said there will be a few fire pooja on Aug 21 at 10am and classes on Lam Rim (stages of the path) between 7.30pm and 10pm on Aug 22 and 23.

The event will be held at the Ipoh Kadhampa Buddhist Centre, 55 and 57, Persiaran Bercham Timur 1, Taman Bercham Baru, Ipoh.

For details, call 05-536 6544. -- By Jaspal Singh
---

40000 people came to hear and learn about Buddha. Isn't that great.  Rejoicing in Serkong Rinpoche's works.

thaimonk

Re: Buddhism exhibition attracts 40,000 visitors
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
Ven Jamseng Rinpoche and Serkong Tritul Rinpoche cannot be stopped. From sponsoring Shar Gaden-Serpom, building Monasteries in Nepal, Tibet, Taiwan, having centres in Asia, to relics festivals. They really can do so much to promote Dharma. Their presence in Malaysia and Singapore is strong.

They have been marginalized by the Tibetan Govt in Exile because they do Shugden practice yet cannot be surpressed.

I rejoice to see this event in Ipoh, Malaysia. Thanks for the post.

(picture below is the event from the article)

Tammy

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »
I wish to see more of such dharma activities where I am, it is such a great honour to live in the same time zone with great lamas such as Serkong Tritul Rinpoche, it would be my wish to participate in such meritorious dharma activities.

May Dorje Shugden's practise spread far and wide, to benefit all.
Down with the BAN!!!

Reena Searl

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
Serkong Rinpoche’s works indicate that nowadays many more people are relying religion practice to achieve inner peace.
Rejoicing to know there is such attraction for Buddhism activities in Malaysia :)

DharmaSpace

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »
This is joyful news , Dorje Shugden spreads again to all corners of the world and this time in a developed nation like Malaysia.
May the people there be able to learn the Lam RIm and progress swiftly on the path to enlightenment.

Thank you for sharing wonderful news!

Barzin

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »
Wow!  I didn't know that Tibetan Buddhism is so active in Malaysia and Singapore!  The amount of visitors they attracted is massive, 40, 000 visitors!  Dharma has spread everywhere, amazing.  Ven Jamseng Rinpoche and Serkong Tritul Rinpoche and the devotees really worked so hard for dharma to spread.  I rejoice for them.  So many people in Malaysia and Singapore will get to practice and learn dharma.  Wonderful!

thaimonk

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:00:45 PM »
This is joyful news , Dorje Shugden spreads again to all corners of the world and this time in a developed nation like Malaysia.
May the people there be able to learn the Lam RIm and progress swiftly on the path to enlightenment.

Thank you for sharing wonderful news!

I agree. Certainly Malaysia and Singapore are very fortunate to have this lama in their midst. It seems Ven Jamseng Rinpoche and large group are very active in Malaysia. They are spreading Dorje Shugden quietly in Malaysia and Singapore. I hope they grow more. Wonderful to see.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:02:50 PM by Mana »

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
I rejoice to read this news although I had thought that Malaysia was a Muslim country, but with 40,000 Buddhists attending the ceremony, it shows how influential Serkong Rinpoche and Dromtug Rinpoche are. It is a pity that the Kadhampa group have distanced themselves publicly from Shugden but i am happy to hear that they are supporting the Shugden monasteries. i am sure they are keeping a low profile on their Dorje Shugden practice for good reasons and Dorje Shugden must be approving of their stance by the growth of their activities.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaDefender

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
40,000? Not bad! Nice to know that many people will eventually be exposed to the practice once they've developed faith in their lamas.

WB, not just how influential but how supportive the government are? Not quite sure ol' Dave would be so chuffed to let Serkong Rinpoche and Dromtug Rinpoche and co. put on an exhibition of such scale, what with all the controversy surrounding them and Dorje Shugden, and how pro-TGIE our government's usually been

I can already hear it...complaints about unnecessary rises in policing expenditure to protect a bunch of monks who do nothing but cause trouble (well that's what the village bumpkins will say)...in some way, the Indian government are so much better and so much less hypocritical about protecting freedom of religion, since they protect the Shar Gaden monks when they ask for help.

triesa

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 03:33:01 PM »
I have noticed that the works of lamas who are practitioners and devotees of Dorje Shugden are always spreading like wide fire. It is indeed great to hear of such a buddha's relics exhibition held in Malaysia and that 40,000 people have visited.

Irrespecitive of the ban and suppression, these high lamas continue to do their work in building more temples that enshrine the holy teachings, giving out more DS initiations to practitioners, and even holding large scale exhibitions.

I have heard that Dorje Shugden has the power equivalent to 1000 dharma protectors, and that at this degenerated age, only Dorje Shugden will be able to preserve the lineage of Lama Tsongkhapa and spread it in the ten directions.

beggar

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
It's very good to hear news like this, and that the Malaysian government would allow something like this by a Lama who is supposedly controversial. Isn't Malaysia a muslim country? This makes it all the more amazing.

DharmaDefender - it's a tough one isn't it? It's a very unfortunate thing that Tibetan politics become such a part of other countries' policies towards helping Sangha ("a bunch of monks" who do genuinely need help and welfare!). I always find this phenomenon quite disturbing. There are many Dharma centres throughout many parts of the world who are no where geographically near the Tibetan refugee community in India or Tibet itself, but they involve the Tibetan politics within their own country's policies towards Buddhism in general - that they also ostracise Dorje Shugden practitioners or play centres against each other. That's very strange - in countries where Buddhism isn't strong (and let's face it, few countries around the world are as strong as Tibet; and those who are strong, follow different traditions anyway and stay out of the politics), shouldn't Buddhists all support each other and encourage each other? Instead of pushing a whole other government's policies on each other?

Yes, there will be differences in practices, approaches, thought but this doesn't necessarily have to lead to conflict. Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree, and continuing to live harmoniously....? I guess I can understand why the teachers always warn us that Buddhism will destroy itself from the inside.

Well, I rejoice to see the strength and growth of Jamseng Rinpoche and his students, centre and Dharma work in Malaysia. They are very fortunate to be able to practice peacefully and see such growth. Whatever politics they may face, they have proven to be real true Buddhists by never acting in any negative ways; instead, there is only growth, goodness and benefit they bring to their community. I understand Serkong Tritul Rinpoche (who recognised Jamseng Rinpoche) also has tremendous success and there are new several centres being built around the world!

DSFriend

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »
I have noticed that the works of lamas who are practitioners and devotees of Dorje Shugden are always spreading like wide fire. It is indeed great to hear of such a buddha's relics exhibition held in Malaysia and that 40,000 people have visited.

Irrespecitive of the ban and suppression, these high lamas continue to do their work in building more temples that enshrine the holy teachings, giving out more DS initiations to practitioners, and even holding large scale exhibitions.

I have heard that Dorje Shugden has the power equivalent to 1000 dharma protectors, and that at this degenerated age, only Dorje Shugden will be able to preserve the lineage of Lama Tsongkhapa and spread it in the ten directions.

yes, the ban did not surpress this group. I am sure they practice dorje shugden but quietly and what is beautiful, is that they continue to reach out to the public via the exhibitions. It sure does show their motivation is to benefit others and work skillfully with the current religious "climate"

Big Uncle

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 04:26:11 AM »
Wow! It's amazing to witness the power of Dorje Shugden and the amazing faith, strength and determination of these great Lamas who are propagating Dorje Shugden's lineage. Even when facing so much discrimination, obstacles from within and without, these great Lamas are able to perform such amazing feats. They are able to perform such an amazing feat to spread Dharma in a predominantly Muslim country. There is a sizable Chinese population in Malaysia of different faiths. May many come to the Dharma. May many come to the Dharma because of Dorje Shugden, these great Lamas and all their faithful students.

Tenzin K

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 06:16:35 AM »
This really a WOW!!!

I have heard the Tibetan Buddhism in Singapore but not that much in Malaysia.
It’s good to know that Tibetan Buddhism is well received in Malaysia where as far as I know this is a Muslim country just like Indonesia.

This really shows that believing in Dorje Shugden with full devotion & full determination in his practice one spiritual practice can even grow in such Muslim country.

Great prove!!!!
Rejoice!!!!

icy

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 07:13:38 AM »
The truth always prevails.   How can the truth be suppressed?   Hence the truth of Dorje Shugden practice shall naturally prevail and increase, it cannot be suppressed.