Author Topic: Lama Zopa Rinpoche offering a thank you mandala  (Read 6114 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Lama Zopa Rinpoche offering a thank you mandala
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:53:20 AM »
I just saw this picture of Lama Zopa Rinpoche offering a thank you mandala to Khyongla Rato Rinpoche at the end of the lungs of His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche's sum bum, which was taken at Sera Je Monastery by Ven.Roger Kunsang in Jan 2014. It just made me think why they are transmitting the lungs of His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche when HH Trijang Rinpoche is ostracised for his Dorje Shugden practice. Surely his lungs are 'contaminated' by demon worship?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

Re: Lama Zopa Rinpoche offering a thank you mandala
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:57:33 AM »
This is another photo of the oral transmission of His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche, requested by Lama Zopa Rinpoche and given by Khyongla Rato Rinpoche. Lama Zopa Rinpoche offering mandala.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:49:24 AM »
I was curious about this myself when I saw this posted on facebook. One volume of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's sungbum is devoted to texts on Dorje Shugden. Was this given as an oral transmission (lung) as well? If not, the lung of Rinpoche's sungbum would be incomplete. I am sure it was included however.  :)

WisdomBeing

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »
Losang Tenpa, good lord - that would be awesome if confirmed... i wonder if anyone can find out :D but i'm sure the lung of HH Trijang Rinpoche's sung bum cannot be just part-transmitted, right? Although i can believe anything can happen in the Dorje Shugden controversy!

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »
Wow that would be something if it was included in the transmission. As far as I know when a Sung Bum is being transmitted, it is usually done in it's entirety. Hopefully though the volume dedicated to Dorje Shugden WAS transmitted, just under the radar of the CTA!

dsiluvu

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »
Oh my gawd, really??? Including Dorje Shugden's text??? Wow how can we find out? Losang Tenpa... you must try to dig more and find out if you can ;)

It will really be a huge controversy if it is so... because as far as we know, HH Trijang Rinpoche is still very much a strong devoted Dorje Shugden Lama. Oh wow, good lord... and yes I thought Lama Zopa has "given up" Dorje Shugden and would not associate with any Dorje Shugden Lamas??? Just a few weeks Lama Zopa is the sponsor of a huge Guru Rinpoche thangkha offered up during the Lamrim, now He is requesting to receive lung of HH Trijang Rinpoche's sung bum?

What is going on with these Lamas? Such is one huge illusory play of controversies. What's the message you guys think Lama Zopa is sending... that He himself is still doing Dorje Shugden secretly??? (though not very secret when pictures are going around the internet hmmm...)

Interesting to investigate further!!!! 8) 8) 8)

icy

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »
I am sure Lama Zopa Rinpoche would not make such a mistake as to not knowing what he is transmitting.  He might have done this purposely as he is an undercover Shugden practitioner.  He is in a good position to spread DS teaching secretly without CTA knowing this.  Haha 8)

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 04:15:20 PM »
I was curious about this myself when I saw this posted on facebook. One volume of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's sungbum is devoted to texts on Dorje Shugden. Was this given as an oral transmission (lung) as well? If not, the lung of Rinpoche's sungbum would be incomplete. I am sure it was included however.  :)

This is indeed interesting... Wish I could receive the lung on Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's holy sungbum. I am sure it has many fascinating writings and sacred teachings. It's just too bad that incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche is ostracize like that. With the news of more threats on Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, it looks like he and other Dorje Shugden lamas would be laying low this year. It's just sad. However, every cloud has a silver lining...I hope :( Perhaps, something is going to shift or this is the last great wave of opposition against the Dorje Shugden before it comes to an end. Wishful thinking perhaps but I like to be optimistic. I was so excited when Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche was travelling and teaching last year and the year before that....

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
How fascinating! I am sure Lama Zopa is aware that the lung of H.H. Trijang Rinpoche's sung bums would include the text and praise of Dorje Shugden. Mmm... could this be an implicit acceptance of Dorje Shugden by this great lama, who never really gave up this pracitice in the first place? The ban is not valid and has no basis spiritually and if it is political, it should be abolished immediately for breach of human rights. 

fruven

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 07:38:26 PM »
HH Dalai Lama made an exception and allows Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden even though the Dalai Lama himself doesn't practice it. The statements were recorded in this video many years ago. The reason given was the divination results showed that Trijang Rinpoche can practice Dorje Shugden.

Dalai Lama says Trijang Rinpoche can practise Dorje Shugden Small | Large

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/dalai-lama-says-trijang-rinpoche-can-practise-dorje-shugden/

lotus1

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 05:52:44 PM »
Yes, this is very interesting. Why would Lama Zopa receive the lung of H.H. Trijang Rinpoche's sung bums? Is it now the time for Lama Zopa to slowly associate back with HH Trijang Rinpoche before the ban is lifted?
As shared by fruven, HH Dalai Lama made an exception and allowed HH Trijang Rinpoche to practice Dorje Shugden while all others are not allowed to practice. HH Trijang Rinpoche must be playing a very important role in lifting this Dorje Shugden's ban.