Author Topic: Great Master in Gaden Jangtse : Phara Rinpoche  (Read 6364 times)

shugdenpromoter

• Email
Great Master in Gaden Jangtse : Phara Rinpoche
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »
I always wonder what happened to Phara Rinpoche. And over the years I have heard from various monks about this Rinpoche. I am been looking for more information on Phara Rinpoche on the internet but could not find any. Phara Khamtsen still exist in Gaden Jangtse but whatever information on Rinpoche himself seems to be wiped off as if as Rinpoche did not exist at all.

Here are some recollection I managed to get from a few monks in Gaden.

When was Rinpoche was born, it was reported that there was a DHI syllable on his tongue and it was said that he had achieved the speech of Manjushri.

He had his education in Gaden Jangtse and everything was fine at the beginning until his students decided to stop practicing Dorje Shugden. Rinpoche then manifested many ways to show his unhappiness to the extend that
1. He was seen in the gambling den in Camp No 3 in Mungod (Tibetan Settlement)
2. Started to ride motorbike
3. Hijack public buses and drive them around town
There was once when the monks from Jangtse were logging and keeping wood illegally, hiding it above the Jangtse gompa. Rinpoche reported them to the police which ended up as chaos in the monastery as the police raided the place.

Eventually, Rinpoche returned his vows and joint the Indian Police Force. And he is still with them today, I have heard.

The high lamas in Gaden have said to some of their students never doubted that Phara Rinpoche is highly attained, he has his reasons for behaving in that manner, most probably because he students disobeyed him and many broken samaya/relationship. And the other monks suspect is all because his students stop practicing Shugden due to the pressure from Dalai Lama.

I would appreciate if anyone out there will be able to give more information on Phara Rinpoche to write into this forum as information like this is useful to us.

michaela

Re: Great Master in Gaden Jangtse : Phara Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 04:26:09 AM »
Despite my antiques, I hope I will never drive my precious Lama into this stage.

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:24:33 PM »
Phara Rinpoche reminds me of a Mahasiddha! I did a search and found an autobio book: Memoirs of a Tibetan Lama By Blo-bza?-rgya-mtsho (Phu-kha? Dge-b?es.), Gareth Sparham which describes the craziness of Phara Rinpoche. It is quite hilarious actually and it seems not many realised how great and highly attained this High Lama is.

In a particular book, this young monk actually was quite disappointed with Phara Rinpoche's behaviour. It is a pdf format so I had to crop it out!
But it sure looks like Phara Rinpoche was definitely manifesting something to teach His students a lesson.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 06:34:11 AM »
Amazing findings on of  Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang from the latest article : Sacred Article in this website. I am very happy that his work here has been preserve well till today.

Unfortunately due to the lack of merits & broken relationship/samaya of Phara Rinpoche's students in this life, his full incarnation cannot manifested.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/dharma-readings/sacred-head/

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 07:15:05 AM »
I am blessed to have the chance to view this sacred head of Powerful Protector, Dorje Shugden. The image tagged at my heart and I felt touched by the very presence of Dorje Shugden.

With the protection from Dorje Shugden, HE Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was able to go into a haunted jungle, where many monks got lost or found dead, came out and hand made such a beautiful Sacred Head with just a lump of clay.

As mentioned by Kundeling Rinpoche, it was almost an unattainable task. But there you are, with the compassion of Dorje Shugden and kindness of DS.com, I have this opportunity to feast my eyes on this Sacred object and obtain blessings.

Aurore

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 08:26:43 AM »
When was Rinpoche was born, it was reported that there was a DHI syllable on his tongue and it was said that he had achieved the speech of Manjushri.

From what you have written, it is clear the infinity Phara Rinpoche have with Manjushri. Manjushri is the same mind stream as Dorje Shugden, hence it is also clear Phara Rinpoche's faith in Dorje Shugden is unmistaken and unshaken. As students, it is naturally a must trust and follow the same once one has chosen a teacher and taken refuge. If they have no faith in Dorje Shugden, they should have faith and trust in the guru for the guru is alive and transmitting direct dharma to the students. It is unfortunate the situation does not turn out as such.

Rihanna

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 08:52:06 PM »
Reading this article reminds me of the present incarnation of Lama Yeshe; Lama Osel Hita Torres, the unmistaken incarnation of Lama Yeshe. Lama Yeshe's present incarnation cannot manifest his Dharma works due to the heavy broken samayas of his wayward students.

Lama Yeshe was also Tibetan lama who, while exiled in Nepal, co-founded Kopan Monastery and the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT). He followed the Gelugpa tradition, and was considered unconventional in his teaching style. FPMT has broken a very strong samaya by giving up Lama Yeshe’s practice of Dorje Shugden. Dorje Shugden was the one that worked hand in hand with Lama Yeshe to obtain land for Kopan, find sponsors, build, and increase their centers around the world.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/the-broken-samayas-of-fpmt/

icy

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 10:33:36 PM »
This is the first time I have heard about this great mahasiddha.  It is truly awesome to hear about him and what a sacrilege we have lost him.  His attainment greatly inspires.  I pray Shugden practitioners will one day be able to see him again not too distant away.  And I pray that many such mahasiddhas will never ever to have to be like Phara Rinpoche disappearing from the surface of earth and their students.  May all beings have the good fortune and samaya to be with these great beings.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »
I am so happy to read about Phara Rinpoche and that he is a real Mahasiddha of his times.  The Sacred Head of Dorje Shugden, looking at that picture it has Dorje Shugden energy vibrating from it. May Phara Rinpoche benefit many sentient beings no matter what he does which I am sure he does all the time.

I do wonder wouldn't it be awesome to put this Sacred Head of Dorje Shugden on a body of Dorje Shugden..... Manjushri methods to benefit sentient beings is endless and boundless like the open blue sky. OM benza wiki vitrana soha.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 01:50:31 PM »
Wow! This is a scary story in my opinion. I never knew students have such "power" over the life of their Guru. But again it also makes sense because these highly attained Lamas have no reason to live a life in samsara except to return to enlighten others. So in some ways I guess it is befitting that in the returned human form, they let their life be detected by the students because their lives are for the enlightenment of their students.