Author Topic: Remain smiling, stay Peaceful and put in effort  (Read 7108 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Remain smiling, stay Peaceful and put in effort
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
In this recent interview with the Dalai Lama which was published in the Oxford University newspaper, the Oxford Student, 27 January 2012, http://oxfordstudent.com/2012/01/27/interview-the-dalai-lama/, the Dalai Lama said, in relation to China’s suppression of TIbet:

“We are followers of the Indian tradition. Gandhiji, in most situations, remained smiling. Very occasionally, he’d shout, but mostly he stayed peaceful. That didn’t mean there wasn’t a problem. He’d look at the problem and believed that if the problem could be solved, the effort to solve it should be put in. If it can’t be solved, then it’s possible to be frustrated. I believe the same.”

I think this is good advice that can be applied to Dorje Shugden practitioners… to be peaceful, despite the adversities. As the problem can be solved and will be solved in time, we just have to put the effort in. Effort such as:
1. writing to the relevant authorities, the media, the CTA
2. distributing information and brochures so that people can be educated about the truth of Dorje Shugden
3. supporting Dorje Shugden monasteries and
4. participating in forums like this.

Any more ideas?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

Re: Remain smiling, stay Peaceful and put in effort
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »
In this recent interview with the Dalai Lama which was published in the Oxford University newspaper, the Oxford Student, 27 January 2012, http://oxfordstudent.com/2012/01/27/interview-the-dalai-lama/, the Dalai Lama said, in relation to China’s suppression of TIbet:

“We are followers of the Indian tradition. Gandhiji, in most situations, remained smiling. Very occasionally, he’d shout, but mostly he stayed peaceful. That didn’t mean there wasn’t a problem. He’d look at the problem and believed that if the problem could be solved, the effort to solve it should be put in. If it can’t be solved, then it’s possible to be frustrated. I believe the same.”

I think this is good advice that can be applied to Dorje Shugden practitioners… to be peaceful, despite the adversities. As the problem can be solved and will be solved in time, we just have to put the effort in. Effort such as:
2. distributing information and brochures so that people can be educated about the truth of Dorje Shugden

Any more ideas?

Dear Wisdom Being,

I really love the quote from HHDL you shared with us here. This is what I normally believe, that for every problem, there is always a solution. Problems are created by preception of people, the mind that always like to win, the mind that always believe we are better than others.

Minds can be changed if given knowledge, knowledge expels ignorance, which in turns will change habits.

As DS practitioners, besides the 4 points you mentioned, I believe we should stay true to Dorje Shugden and our Gurus who truely wants us to  transform our mind to become a better person and to eliminate the self cherising mind to work for the benefits of others. We must always remember to avert any thoughts or actions that are contrary to benefitting others.

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »

Any more ideas?

This is a nice topic. I think it is a rather difficult stance to take especially when one hears of all the suffering that goes on with this ban but fortunately we have this website, we cannot be thankful enough and all the passion and hard work that has gone into constructing this website and all the thousands of DS practitioners that have been touched with news and views that is motivated by wisdom and compassion.

I don't have many alternatives to your brilliant ideas but I do think what will help maintain a virtuous mind you mentioned would be to maintain clean samaya with our Lama. It is from our Lama that all attainments flow and so maintaining clean samaya and also performing our daily sadhana and propitiation of Dorje Shugden would be very helpful. I also think occasional retreats on Dorje Shugden would be very good for such an endeavor as well.

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »
I like the advice from HHDL. Knowing that problems can be solved, remaining calm is a true sign of inner peace and strength.

Besides Wisdombeing four brilliant ideas, staying strong and having clean samaya in our Guru is a necessity. Never waver in our faith for Dorje Shugden and also be compassionate and have a virtuous mind.

I am in favor of Big Uncle suggestions of occasional doing Dorje Shugden retreats and dedicate the merits to the lifting of the ban.

michaela

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »

I like this quote by HHDL.  Some people are often frustrated with the situation at hand, and they express their frustration in a way that created a situation contrary to the expected result.  Being peaceful while working toward the goals as suggested by Wisdombeing seems to be the appropriate response to DS practitioners at the moment.

Agree with Big Uncle, that maintaining samaya with our Lama and continuing invocation of DS are good ways to respond to the situation.  Educating others and raising awareness via brochures, writing letters to CTA are great ideas.

Maybe what can be done further is to continue to show tolerance to others including those who are not pro DS at the moment and patience to those who are expressing frustrations to pro DS group.  Not to exagerate and blew out of proportion what this group did and stick to the facts.  We should show compassion to them.  Hopefully, with this peaceful method, we will encounter less resistance in our work to promote DS and request the removal of the ban.

pgdharma

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
"Maybe what can be done further is to continue to show tolerance to others including those who are not pro DS at the moment and patience to those who are expressing frustrations to pro DS group".

Totally agree with Michaela. We should continue to show tolerance towards anti DS practitioners. In fact, we should even show them compassion even though many monks and DS practitioners are suffering because of them.  It is very sad to see them behaving in this way. It is due to their delusions, ignorance and bad karma that they view Dorje Shugden who is an Enlightened Being as a spirit. And along the way, by all their negative actions and thoughts they are collecting even more negative karma. How scary when their negative karma catches up with them :'(

thaimonk

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »

Any more ideas?

Dear WB,

I couldn't agree with MORE! I like the four points you mentioned.

1.Write protest letters to CTA, authorities and media.

2.Distributing/printing/sponsoring material to flood the market with Shugden information.

3.Support Shugden monasteries and practitioners. Support eachother no matter what.

4. Participating in forums to share information to let Dalai Lama, his cronies, CTA and the whole anti-Shugden groups know we will not be suppressed, banned or diminish EVER! We will continue to speak.

And perhaps do pujas, prayers, mantras, sutras, retreats and DEDICATE IT TO THE GREAT MASTERS TO LIVE LONG, HEALTHY AND CONTINUE TO TURN THE WHEEL OF DHARMA. Masters like:

Panchen Rinpoche
Pabonka Rinpoche
Trijang Rinpoche
Zong Rinpoche
Gangchen Rinpoche
Zasep Rinpoche
Gonsar Rinpoche
Yongyal Rinpoche
Ken Rinpoche Lobsang Pende
Jampa Rinpoche
Geshe Jampa Ngodup
Dagom Rinpoche
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
Rabten Rinpoche
Zawa Rinpoche
Domo Geshe Rinpoche
Zemey Rinpoche
Serkong Tritul
Guru Deva Rinpoche
Gaden Trisur Rinpoche
Gosok Rinpoche
Loden Sherab
Gelek Rinpoche
Kaka Jetsun Dampa
Kejok Rinpoche
Geshe Thubten Trinley
Geshe Tendar Rinpoche
Kensur Lobsang Choepel
Drayab Thobten Rinpoche
Jamseng Rinpoche
Kensur Konchok Tsering Rinpoche
Jetsun Lobsang Denpa
Kari Rinpoche
Geshe Lobsang Tenzin
Kundeling Rinpoche
Gyurme Kensur Rinpoche (France)
Etc etc etc

The ideas you stated are more than good enough for me with my last idea added in.
  :) ;) :D

Galen

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
Yeah! What a great reference from the Dalai Lama to use Gandhi as an example. Since he has referred the response from CTA on China's suppression of Tibet is to be dealt with peace, we practitioners of Dorje Shugden should also follow his advise in response to the ban.

Then we are seen as following the Dalai Lama's advise that should not be wrong in lifting the ban sooner. The four points raised by Wisdom Being is very good and should be followed by all Shugden practitioners. On top of what was raised, we should also create awareness to the public on wherever you are by having posters around your city/town where people can read and get to know Dorje Shugden. The more knowledge they gain, the better the understanding they have of the protector.

The shrines that were set up all over Thailand is a good example of DS shrines to be set up elsewhere. This will definitely gain popularity.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 05:48:51 PM »
Yes I do agree very much, we must stay even more peaceful because we must prove to the world, that we are real Dharma practitioners. There's no point of being angry and hateful because it doesn't help the situation to get any better.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »
If we are real dharma practitioners and if our samaya with our guru is clean, we should take the side of being peaceful to show the result of our practice. To turn adverse conditions into malice or to be spiteful or revengeful will not serve any purpose in the practice of dharma.

If we have leart anything at all in dharma, we should fear our "karma" instead. I rather remain peaceful and strife with more effort instead. I am sure over time, the battle will eventually be won by peaceful means.

angelica

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 04:11:40 PM »
Great quote from HHDL.

If we have problems that we are not able to solve, do not be frust, angry or having negative thoughts and feeling. This will not help and maybe even create more negative karma. Maintaining a positive thinking, keep smiling and staying calm might help us to see things clearer and have a better solution to our problem. We also need to have strong faith with our dharma protector, whom will help us to clear our obstacles, so that we have faith and peace of mind to continue our spiritual practice.

All DS practitioners should share more about DS with others. If we can get more people to do DS practice, the more support we have, the stronger we are and it should help bring down the ban fast.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 10:31:33 AM »
From watching the news and the current events in the world on the controversy over Dorje Shugden and CTA, it looks like the Shugdenpas through tolerance, peaceful means and gracious conduct to the Dalai Lama and CTA is gaining some support from international media.

Shugdenpas will continue with their efforts in all possible forms for the Ban to be lifted.  Have faith in Dorje Shugden and you will succeed.