Author Topic: make your own shugden pamphlets  (Read 19147 times)

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
make your own shugden pamphlets
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:12:39 PM »
I had a hard time printing and organizing the Dorje Shugden Pamphlet on this site so I made my own. I might start distributing them. What I made was a basic bookmark with Shugden's image,basic info,and that more info is available on this site.
DevoteeofDorje

DharmaDefender

Re: make your own shugden pamphlets
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »
I had a hard time printing and organizing the Dorje Shugden Pamphlet on this site so I made my own. I might start distributing them. What I made was a basic bookmark with Shugden's image,basic info,and that more info is available on this site.

Hey DD (same initials hehe), can you please convert the file into something that's PC-friendly? I'm not sure our PC friends will be able to view the file. Thanks!

DSFriend

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:10:08 PM »

Dear DharmapalasDharma
Please do write in here what difficulties you experienced while downloading the brochure. That way, the admin can improve on it. For myself, i clicked on the brochure graphic and it downloaded straightaway.

Great initiative to create more informational materials. I look forward to viewing the bookmark file...I to am not able to open that format. PDF or JPEG usually works best.

much thanks
DSFriend

happyxiao73

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 07:58:44 PM »
Yes, that is good idea if you have, please !!!

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:43:38 PM »
It is wonderful to see a new trend now that people are involved in doing their part to spread DS! I admire DharmapalasDharma for taking the initiative to come out with the bookmark and it will definitely benefit!

Though, could you please upload a downloadable file as many of us are having trouble accessing your file.

thanks!

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

thor

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »

Hey DD, great feedback. The webmaster has improved on the brochure assembly instructions. Does it help or are you still having trouble downloading the brochure itself?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 02:30:04 AM »
Gosh - two DDs... i shall have to spell out the names :)

How exciting that DharmapalasD has created another brochure.. like the rest of the motley crew, i can't seem to download and i'm using a Mac (as opposed to the others who seem to be using PCs). i think it's the extension .pages, which my mac does not recognise. DSF's suggestion of making it a pdf or jpg is a good idea and more easily accessible, methinks.

Which country are you based, by the way, DharmapalasD? Just curious what 'local' tailoring you made for the brochure.

Love
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

honeydakini

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »
Actually, with the wealth of images here the more adventurous and entrepreneurial can also start making more "marketable" items such as badges, bookmarks, postcards, even tshirts and mugs? I know there are probably going to be some people here who will hate that idea and I know know it could come across as being quite commercial, but I have seen many items out in new age stores etc with images of various Buddhas (e.g. Tara, Saraswati, Vajrapani, Shakyamuni of course) and they are wildly popular, especially if the images are striking and very beautiful.

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
This is the file
DevoteeofDorje

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »
I think it should work now.
DevoteeofDorje

DharmaDefender

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
Actually, with the wealth of images here the more adventurous and entrepreneurial can also start making more "marketable" items such as badges, bookmarks, postcards, even tshirts and mugs? I know there are probably going to be some people here who will hate that idea and I know know it could come across as being quite commercial, but I have seen many items out in new age stores etc with images of various Buddhas (e.g. Tara, Saraswati, Vajrapani, Shakyamuni of course) and they are wildly popular, especially if the images are striking and very beautiful.

Fridge magnets and keychains too! To be honest, I don't really see the difference between this, and selling Buddha statues. If doing things like this is commercial, then what is selling a Buddha statue for profit? Isn't an image an image? If you're not selling it for profit, but to spread the Dharmapala's image, that can benefit the receiver right? And help to generate money to support the sangha and proliferation of the practice?

Perhaps it's just a cultural discomfort with the whole idea :)

thor

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 12:01:46 AM »

Dharmapalas - u never mentioned what trouble you had downloading the original file? Is it because it takes forever to download? I had a slight issue with that too, but if you want a little while, the download will come thru.

THe file is a little bigger than usual but that wait is worthwhile - when it is printed, it looks pretty good to me

DSFriend

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »

Dear DharmapalasDharma
Neat. the design will make a real nice bookmark also. It's very encouraging to see people contributing designs to promote our Protector.
I'm still quite concern about you not able to download the brochure put up my admin. Do write in here so the admin could fix it. I could download it by just click on the file..though i had to wait awhile for it to download.

best wishes
DSFriend

Zach

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 02:24:09 PM »
Simple but effective message DD nice !  :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 02:33:15 PM »
Hi DharmapalasD,

Thanks - i can download it now. It's cool that you've put two on a page so we can save paper printing it. Glad that you've made the effort to do something for our dearest Protector. Kudos!

Love
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being