Author Topic: Buddhism exhibition attracts 40,000 visitors  (Read 20866 times)

happysun

Re: Buddhism exhibition attracts 40,000 visitors
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
Wah,  it is very nice to heard this good news. Sound like Tibetan Buddhism become more and more popular among Malaysia and all the world. The need of practice Buddhism and the knowledge of Buddhism become more important while all of us living in richest materialistic century.

Most of us indulged into materialistic world, our education system, culture value, purpose of life, daily pursue and so forth, as a cause of our unhappiness come from. Some of us full of jealousy and revenge thought also caused by too much indulge into materialistic needs. So, it is good to heard that Buddhism exhibition in Ipoh so popular. As a good sign public started knowing the importantly of spirituality in our live.

The special of Tibetan Buddhism is transform our desires and worldly needs become more useful and spiritual in our daily live. I believe the Tibetan Buddhism will become one of the popular practice in Asian in nearly future.      

sahara

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »
Wow ! How fortunate Malaysian and Singaporian..... :D I rejoice to read this news and thank you for the post sharing . I wish to see more western and  asia country,  the Buddhist organization can organize more Dharma activities to benefit other  :)

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 04:08:15 AM »
Isn't the Dorje Shugden practices part of the Gaden Oral Tradition or Gaden Nyengyu for the past 300-400 years? 

Look at FPMT who have abandoned the dorje shugdden practice, Lama Yeshe their previous founder has left the organisation. I mention here Lama Yeshe previous incarnation as he was a very strong devotee of Dorje Shudgen. If without Lama Yeshe's devotion to Dorje Shudgen FPMT won't have grown to the way it has now so why would abandoning Dorje Shugden be alright?

@lightning Are you still practising Dorje Shugden? 
Sorry for the late reply as I was too busy and tie up recently. Since the reverting back to Kadhampa, the practise of protector Dorje Shugden did not exist at that point of time. Emphasis will be placed on Kadhampa teachings instead.

HHDL had made Serkong Tritul Rinpoche to swear and forsake Dorje Shugden entirely but He did not agreed. Choosing not to practise and dis-acknowledgment of protector are two entirely different issues. This may sounds a bit misleading, but please kindly for your kind understanding. As mentioned during the previous thread on Kadhampa open letter to HHDL, many of the reasons are explained there.

As mentioned since Dorje Shugden is the protector reconginsed by Lord Je Tsong Ka Pha and many lineage masters like Je Pa Bong Kha, Trijang Rinpoche, (this is something that we cannot turn our back against them) . Further more, Dorje Shugden  is the manifestation of Manjushri and the seventh Buddha in our  Fortunate Kalpa.

Please read the open letter by HH Drom Cheng Rinpoche to HHDL properly for detailed understanding...
As Quoted:

Thirdly, although the Wish-fulfilling Gem Saviour and I are similar in that we both renounced practice of Great King Dorje Possessing Strength, but justifications for renouncing are totally different, because the Wish-fulfilling Gem Saviour forsook due to reasons based mainly from his own perspective or on the basis of H.H. the 5th Dalai Lama amongst others, to deem Great King Dorje Possessing Strength as nefarious wishing, malevolent spirit, demon, perilous to Sect and sentient beings.

As for the reason for my renunciation is very simple, since I started rebuilding Old Kadhampa from the beginning of 1st of January 2008, aside from the dharmap?las that H.H. Atisha and Drom (Dromtönpa) Rinpoche and other Old Kadhampa’ s ancestral masters were worshipping, all other dharmap?las of other sects are entirely renounced from that time. Furthermore, Old Kadhampa is completely prohibited to
adhere to the uncommon dharmap?las of Yellow Sect Sect such as Great King Dorje Possessing Strength, as well as all other uncommon dharmap?las of Sects.

The fact that you still remain in this forum shows that despite everything else going on around you, you still believe in Dorje Shugden deep down on a personal level. I believe you are not representing the organization that you are coming from in this forum, but out of your own belief in Dorje Shugden, no matter how much you have.
Please forgive all the comments made to your posts in this thread if they appear to sound harsh to you. They are just being direct, but I believe they mean no harm. Every member in this forum are all in the same boat; we are being attacked for believing in Dorje Shugden, we definitely cherish one another.
Please continue to remain with us and keep yourself up to date on all the developments in the community of Shugdenpa.
May Dorje Shugden and his retinue continue to watch over you on the basis of your faith in Them, despite the fact that you can't practice Dorje Shugden's mantra and kangso anymore. I wish the same for everyone who is like you in your organization.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 06:07:48 AM »

The fact that you still remain in this forum shows that despite everything else going on around you, you still believe in Dorje Shugden deep down on a personal level. I believe you are not representing the organization that you are coming from in this forum, but out of your own belief in Dorje Shugden, no matter how much you have.
Please forgive all the comments made to your posts in this thread if they appear to sound harsh to you. They are just being direct, but I believe they mean no harm. Every member in this forum are all in the same boat; we are being attacked for believing in Dorje Shugden, we definitely cherish one another.
Please continue to remain with us and keep yourself up to date on all the developments in the community of Shugdenpa.
May Dorje Shugden and his retinue continue to watch over you on the basis of your faith in Them, despite the fact that you can't practice Dorje Shugden's mantra and kangso anymore. I wish the same for everyone who is like you in your organization.

I like very much the sentiment you express here, Ratna Shugden! This is so true - the one thing all of us on this forum have in common is that we all revere Dorje Shugden, despite small differences here and there. We are simply human and selective and attached to various perceptions be it real or not. Let's rejoice in our commonality rather than focus on our differences as Dorje Shugden - and all Buddhas - promotes harmony, so should his followers strive to live in harmony and respect.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

vajraD

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
A relic exhibitions.  it sounds interesting. Do anyone know when is the next one and where? I must visit, as I’m quite curious and I have not seen them in real person. Mostly have read it from books. Always wonder how they look. Do keep updating. Thanks.

Big Uncle

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »
Isn't the Dorje Shugden practices part of the Gaden Oral Tradition or Gaden Nyengyu for the past 300-400 years? 

Look at FPMT who have abandoned the dorje shugdden practice, Lama Yeshe their previous founder has left the organisation. I mention here Lama Yeshe previous incarnation as he was a very strong devotee of Dorje Shudgen. If without Lama Yeshe's devotion to Dorje Shudgen FPMT won't have grown to the way it has now so why would abandoning Dorje Shugden be alright?

@lightning Are you still practising Dorje Shugden? 
Sorry for the late reply as I was too busy and tie up recently. Since the reverting back to Kadhampa, the practise of protector Dorje Shugden did not exist at that point of time. Emphasis will be placed on Kadhampa teachings instead.

HHDL had made Serkong Tritul Rinpoche to swear and forsake Dorje Shugden entirely but He did not agreed. Choosing not to practise and dis-acknowledgment of protector are two entirely different issues. This may sounds a bit misleading, but please kindly for your kind understanding. As mentioned during the previous thread on Kadhampa open letter to HHDL, many of the reasons are explained there.

As mentioned since Dorje Shugden is the protector reconginsed by Lord Je Tsong Ka Pha and many lineage masters like Je Pa Bong Kha, Trijang Rinpoche, (this is something that we cannot turn our back against them) . Further more, Dorje Shugden  is the manifestation of Manjushri and the seventh Buddha in our  Fortunate Kalpa.

Please read the open letter by HH Drom Cheng Rinpoche to HHDL properly for detailed understanding...
As Quoted:

Thirdly, although the Wish-fulfilling Gem Saviour and I are similar in that we both renounced practice of Great King Dorje Possessing Strength, but justifications for renouncing are totally different, because the Wish-fulfilling Gem Saviour forsook due to reasons based mainly from his own perspective or on the basis of H.H. the 5th Dalai Lama amongst others, to deem Great King Dorje Possessing Strength as nefarious wishing, malevolent spirit, demon, perilous to Sect and sentient beings.

As for the reason for my renunciation is very simple, since I started rebuilding Old Kadhampa from the beginning of 1st of January 2008, aside from the dharmap?las that H.H. Atisha and Drom (Dromtönpa) Rinpoche and other Old Kadhampa’ s ancestral masters were worshipping, all other dharmap?las of other sects are entirely renounced from that time. Furthermore, Old Kadhampa is completely prohibited to
adhere to the uncommon dharmap?las of Yellow Sect Sect such as Great King Dorje Possessing Strength, as well as all other uncommon dharmap?las of Sects.

Dear lightning,
Although renouncing and giving up a practice are two different misdeeds altogether but they are both actions that breaks Samaya. Renouncing Dorje Shugden that has been passed down by the great lineage masters, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche breaks the lineage and sets an extremely bad example that all other lineages could be broken as well. Just because there's politics and there's a ban, we cannot just simply give up a practice that has been passed down by our Gurus. This can only happen if it is our Guru who gives that vajra command and there's no exception to this rule in Tantra. However, I believe what Serkong Tritul Rinpoche did was just an outward expression but he would never give up his practice. All this recovery of Kadampa tradition is a very outward show and I believe he has never moved from the practices, teachings and instructions of his Gurus. Otherwise, his teachings and practices would have no power.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
I have a certain sense of respect for big Dharma teachers like Serkong Tritul for not giving up their lineage commitments, or breaking the vinaya code by swearing (as a monk, one is not allowed to swear, it's part of the code of ethics or Vinaya of a monk) so in doing so he sets a very good example for other monks who could be thinking of going the easy way as they can easily gain what they need to survive plus the acceptance of their peers and Dalai Lama. It is very courageous for Serkong Tritul to do so and I do commend him!

Gabby Potter

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 11:54:07 PM »
This is exciting to read about! It is showing us that Buddhism is actually spreading even at this degenerated time, I truly rejoice for this!  ;D I hope that more Buddhism exhibitions will be held in the future...