Author Topic: His Eminence Yongyal Rinpoche  (Read 13204 times)

Helena

• Email
Re: His Eminence Yongyal Rinpoche
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »
Thank you for sharing the interview, Duldzin.

It blows the mind just to read those precious lines.

In the world we need to think about our interdependence. Everything we have in our lives comes through the collective actions of countless people. To survive as a world, to sustain the human race and protect all beings, we need to realize this.

This got me thinking and I agree. The fall of Tibet was the collective karma of the Tibetans, nothing could prevent it, not Nechung, not Dalai Lama, not Dorje Shugden and certainly not you or me. If that is the case then the ban is also a result of our collective karma. Dalai Lama created the ban but we Shugden supporters obviously have the karma to experience the sufferings caused by it also.

I believe it is about time people stop thinking that they are the mere innocent bystanders and victims - not when we take into consideration every thing that has accummulated over life times.

Even if we have the karma to experience the sufferings of the ban, we can also exercise a better way to experience it. It does not have to be negative at all.

I think this is what differentiates true Dharma practitioners from the rest.

Helena

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »

In the world we need to think about our interdependence. Everything we have in our lives comes through the collective actions of countless people. To survive as a world, to sustain the human race and protect all beings, we need to realize this.
This got me thinking and I agree. The fall of Tibet was the collective karma of the Tibetans, nothing could prevent it, not Nechung, not Dalai Lama, not Dorje Shugden and certainly not you or me. If that is the case then the ban is also a result of our collective karma. Dalai Lama created the ban but we Shugden supporters obviously have the karma to experience the sufferings caused by it also.

Hey big uncle - great interview! thanks for finding and posting!
this is very much a positive way of dealing with any situation and it shows more than ever the strength of these great lamas who never "take up arms" against any situation or person, but look at collective or personal responsibility.

The lamas are always an inspiration to us for this very reason - they are not the ones protesting or speaking badly against those who have harmed them, whether it is the Chinese who took away their country or Dalai Lama who took away their practice. They are showing us a perfect way of going forwards, not backwards. There is a lot we can learn from them, starting with the basic premise of understanding karma, which Yongyal Rinpoche explains clearly above.

Of course, we should not just dismiss what the shugden practitioners are suffering as "just their karma" but at the same time when we listen to what he is saying, we see how much more sense it makes to stop blaming everyone else on the outside, and look at what we can really do to make a difference to this situation and relieve the suffering of others (and therefore the suffering of ourselves also).

Bring awareness to the situation, sure, but then what? Don't just sit there moanin away for the rest of our days, but look at how we might have contributed to a collective karma, and what we can do to change that collective karma.

Hey Big Uncle,

indeed thanks for the link, it adds on to the information which we all need to enrich ourselves.

I like what beggar has said. "Whether it is the Chinese who took away their country or Dalai Lama who took away their practice." That doesn't matter, what matters is how does your Guru and your practice help u to move forward with your spiritual life. Everything 'controversial' is worked up by our karma and spiritual guide in order to help us to move on with our lives with a brighter note at the end of it.

Come to think about it, it really doesn't matter if you are a practitioner of the Dharma, if China took away your country, your sole refuge should be the Dharma and that should be your focus. Moving forward with the Dharma, many monks and high lamas rebuilt their life with the Dharma in their lives when they reestablished themselves in india.

With this in mind, I find that if HHDL bans DS practice and it's practitioners, it would be just a test of how much faith and devotion we have for both HHDL and DS. It is not for us to judge but to keep both holy beings close to heart! On the long term, we'll be able to see the actual meaning of what spiritual practice is.

thanks again

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

hope rainbow

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 05:03:49 PM »
Oh yes...in fact there is a very exciting and important event happening today!
The current Domo Geshe Rinpoche is to be ordained by H.E Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche today!
The young Domo Geshe Rinpoche will be taking his first monk vows!

This is quoted from a topic on Domo Geshe Rinpoche.
And I copy this here to continue the topic started last year here on Yongyal Rinpoche.
Does anyone have more information about that event?
In which monastery did it take place?
Was Yongyal Rinpoche invited in that monastery for the occasion, or is he the abbot of that monastery?
Where does Yongyal Rinpoche reside now?
Does anyone know?

Thank you

happysun

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »
Let's me shared with all of you I met His Eminence Yongyal Rinpoche once at Serpom Monastery opening ceremony. His Eminence Yongyal Rinpoche look like very calm and wisdom. I like him very much. I remembered what he talk in our private audience:
Few key points, I would like to share:
1. The BAN OR NON-BAN, to him is not different, because all about our mind.
2. We need to take care or respect each other even though you have different view with other.  Yongyal Rinpoche says as a Buddhist practitioner must care and love each other. If your relative has this kind of thought really make them self suffer more and more difficulties will follow you.
3. Always maintain Harmony between centre and centre.
4. Be patient and compassion to each others.   

This 4 points all dedicated to all sentient beings..... 

Galen

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
Oh yes...in fact there is a very exciting and important event happening today!
The current Domo Geshe Rinpoche is to be ordained by H.E Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche today!
The young Domo Geshe Rinpoche will be taking his first monk vows!

This is quoted from a topic on Domo Geshe Rinpoche.
And I copy this here to continue the topic started last year here on Yongyal Rinpoche.
Does anyone have more information about that event?
In which monastery did it take place?
Was Yongyal Rinpoche invited in that monastery for the occasion, or is he the abbot of that monastery?
Where does Yongyal Rinpoche reside now?
Does anyone know?

Thank you

Dear Hope Rainbow,

I was not there at the ceremony where Domo Rinpoche was taking his first monk vows and was conferred by H.E. Yongya Rinpoche. My friends related to me on what went on there.

The event was held on 2 Jan 2012 in Shar Gaden Monastery. H.E. Yongya Rinpoche was invited to the event to confer the vows to Domo Rinpoche. Yongya Rinpoche was greeted at Shar Gaden on New Year's day with much fanfare and full ceremonial reception. However, the ordination event proper was a private affair and only reserved for VIP Sangha members.

Yongya Rinpoche is the abbot of Serpom Monastery which he officially opened on 18 December 2011. From what I heard, he has not been back to the Monastery for 11 years as he was residing in USA. It must be an emotional welcome for him.

Did anyone from this site attend the event who can give us a more detailed account of the event? Thanks in advance.

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
Thank you thor for sharing the interview of Yongal Rinpoche. These words of wisdom are so obvoius and, in some ways, simple. It frightens me how we, intellectually advanced, people cannot even begin to understand or practice it. It would be wonderful if we can take a step and move towards the awareness that we are interdependant and we are all one and the same. The separation society has created has caused so much pain and loss, it is really about time we erase the separation. True, easier said than done, but if we can revere the words of the wise, we might as well start practicing it a step at a time too.

I agree with thor that if we just accepted our responsibility in the ban of Dorje Shugden and experience the suffering like Ribur Rinpoche, we may be able to contribute to purification of the negative collective karma and create the cause for Dorje Shugden practice to return to mainstream Buddhism.

vajrastorm

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 09:47:08 AM »
H E Yongyal Rinpoche is indeed a Lama of very high calibre and great attainments, having received a wealth of lineage teachings of both sutra and tantra from very highly qualified Masters. He is ,as is described here, a "living treasure vase" of the wisdom of the priceless Ganden Oral Transmission Lineage.

His profound words from an interview, presented here by Thor, hold much inspiration and great advice. I am particularly struck(as some have already been and shown here) by what he said about collective karma and interdependent arising.

"In the world, we need to think about interdependence.Everything, we have in our lives comes through the collective actions of countless people.."

Yes, in relation to the ban, we need to be aware of our collective responsibility in creating the causes for the ban to be lifted. No cause is too small, when we can apprehend its creating bigger causes or its being part of the collective creation of bigger causes. Take this website and this forum, as an example. If we persistently support this website and forum, we are making the lifting of the ban happen; and the more we persist in contributing to this website and forum in a constructive way, and to all efforts to spread the practice of Shugden as suggested here, the sooner will the ban be lifted.   

Big Uncle

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 10:23:43 AM »
I believe it was Thor not me that posted the interview. The answers are nice and well-thought out which reflects the intellect, practice and compassion of the speaker, H. E. Yongyal Rinpoche. It is very good that he is the Abbot of Serpom as his practice, wisdom and knowledge is much needed there. Serpom is one of the few remaining strongholds of Dorje Shugden practice.

I think he is very courageous to take up this role and I admire him as his role would be very demanding and not to mention 'risky'. Such courageous Dorje Shugden Lamas are much needed especially for the many suffering Dorje Shugden practitioners out there in India and abroad. This speaks volumes of his predecessors and how high an incarnation he is without going through the official hagiographies.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
Kyabjye Yongyal Rinpoche and Kyabjye Trijang Rinpoche are truly the gems of Gelug Tradition and the risks to their lives is very real as pointed out by Big Uncle. So it is no surprise to see such lamas surrounded by bodyguards etc. Anyone who thinks this is not a serious matter, ask the monks of Trijang Ladrang who guarded Trijang Rinpoche when he was young in Gaden.

So any lamas who want to come out in the open must have tremendous resources before they can even consider coming out in the open.