Author Topic: Dalai Lama Said Tibet Can Be with China  (Read 1584 times)

Alex

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama Said Tibet Can Be with China
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 02:40:23 AM »
I agree that the Dalai Lama is fed up with the CTA and just want to get away from Dharamsala and back to Tibet. This would be such good news for the Tibetans who are waiting for the Dalai Lama to come back!

It has been so long and the CTA has done nothing for the reconciliation with China but only creating problems! I really hope the Dalai Lama's wish will manifest swiftly and he can go back to Tibet.

Now, what will the CTA do, when the Dalai Lama goes back? Well, I think it is bye bye time for the CTA because there will be nobody left in India who they can bully. So, all alone, the CTA can just dissolve. Wouldn't that be good news?? No more scandals for the Dalai Lama, at least no more from the CTA...

If I were the Dalai Lama, I would be very fed up as well. The Dalai Lama has expressed his wish to go back to China but the CTA still has not done anything to help to fulfill Dalai Lama's wish. The Dalai Lama was so fed up that he sent Samdhong Rinpoche to go to China secretly to meet with some Chinese officials.

Lobsang Sangay and the CTA are definitely not thinking about reconciling with China. If they do, they would not have traveling around the world to make friends with the free Tibet activists. They should announce to everyone that they are not pursuing the free Tibet movement anymore and they want to go back to China. If China is pleased, he might be allowed to go back before he becomes too old.

If Lobsang Sangay and the CTA really wants to fulfill the Dalai Lama's wish, they should stop visiting other countries and make an announcement that they are not pursuing the free Tibet movement anymore. They should work with India to connect with China. By doing this the CTA can also help to improve the relationship between China and India. This will be more sincere and better than their Thank You India event.

Come to think of it, the only escape for all Tibetans all along from their current situation in India is to go back to Tibet or join India as a citizen. India had made it very easy for Tibetans who are born in India to become an Indian citizen. They can enjoy the benefits offered by the Indian government and there is hope for a better future for them.

Other than that, they can choose to return to Tibet since Tibet is getting better now. China has been investing alot of money into Tibet building infrastructure and developing it. They also spend a lot in giving free learning class for the adults to acquire a skill that is useful for them to earn a living.

The decreasing number of Tibetans from Tibet seeking asylum in India had decreased dramatically and this shows the condition in Tibet is becoming better now. Tibetans should abandon their government who did nothing for them and exploited them for all these years to fight for their future. They treasure the chances well before India or China change their mind.

Tracy

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
It is really not up to the Dalai Lama to say if Tibet can be with China. To China, Tibet has always been part of China and they don't need permission to for Tibet to be part of it. It was only the Tibetans who think they were independence before the Chinese came.

I think the Dalai Lama also realises there are fewer Tibetans coming to India. Their community will be getting smaller and smaller. Many have migrated and some have chosen to become the Indian citizens. The younger generation will prefer India to China. There is no point to maintain a Tibetan community. Therefore, going back to Tibet for the Dalai Lama will be a better option.

If China really allows the Tibetans to go back, I don't think the number of returning Tibetans will be a lot. They are more used to life in India than in Tibet. Tibet is very different from 60 years ago, things have changed so much, the older generation might not be able to adapt to the new Tibet.

Alex

• Email
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
It is really not up to the Dalai Lama to say if Tibet can be with China. To China, Tibet has always been part of China and they don't need permission to for Tibet to be part of it. It was only the Tibetans who think they were independence before the Chinese came.

I think the Dalai Lama also realises there are fewer Tibetans coming to India. Their community will be getting smaller and smaller. Many have migrated and some have chosen to become the Indian citizens. The younger generation will prefer India to China. There is no point to maintain a Tibetan community. Therefore, going back to Tibet for the Dalai Lama will be a better option.

If China really allows the Tibetans to go back, I don't think the number of returning Tibetans will be a lot. They are more used to life in India than in Tibet. Tibet is very different from 60 years ago, things have changed so much, the older generation might not be able to adapt to the new Tibet.

Tibetans are bound to go back to Tibet one day. It is very difficult for them to be a refugee for 60 years and still no progress in getting their country back. Now that Mr Lobsang Sangay announced that Tibetan cause will continue for another 50 years, Tibetans will be a refugee for a whole century. Where on earth a refugee will remain as the refugee for over 100 of years.

Only the Tibetans are able to pull it off because of the generosity of India. India has been and is still very kind to them and that is why they are able to take advantage of them. They do not contribute to anything that India does. They are exempted from tax but still get so much of aids and resources from the government.

Soon India will be fed up the Tibetans taking advantage of them. The Indians are already unhappy with them being in their country because they are creating problems for India to have a good relationship with China. Indians will certainly not let Tibetans jeopardise their future with China and they might even consider to kick them out of the country to protect the future of its 1.3 billion citizens.

Drolma

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018, 12:54:50 PM »
I have a Tibetan friend who was born and grew up in India. I have asked her before what she feels about the free Tibet movement? If she will go back to Tibet with the Dalai Lama?

She told me the free Tibet movement and going back to Tibet is a dream of her grandparents' generation. Even though her parents were also from Tibet, but they feel more home in India than in Tibet. They will go back to Tibet to visit but definitely not going back to settle down for good.

She said the mentality of the Tibetans are very different from theirs because of their upbringing. After all, they are brought up in a different system. She said not doubt Tibet is very different now but she sees India as her home. She does not believe in the free Tibet movement, she thinks this is used by the western power to fight with China and her leadership is useless.

Tracy

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 04:25:25 AM »
To be honest, I think it is better for the Tibetans to go back to China. At least the Chinese government doesn't impose a ban on a belief like the CTA. They actually give more religious freedom to their people than the CTA!

To the Chinese government as long as the religious practice does not go against the values and the rules of the country, they are fine with it. The most important thing is the faith that is practiced cannot create disharmony and affect the stability of the society. The religion should encourage harmony and loyalty to the country, which is normal even in other countries.

The Chinese government disallows the photo of the Dalai Lama to be displayed or items related to the Dalai Lama in China because he has created a lot of problems for China. His Free Tibet movement has caused disharmony and tension in the Tibetan area in China. It is the negative influence from the Dalai Lama that the Chinese government is trying to avoid, not so much of religious freedom or human rights issue.