Author Topic: Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on 'Dhogyal'  (Read 54744 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on 'Dhogyal'
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »
The Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on Dhogyal during the forth day of Lamrim teaching at Sera Jhe in Bylakuppe on 28th Dec. 2013

His Holiness Inaugurates a book on Dhogyal

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JJYsB0BiGPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Re: Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on 'Dhogyal'
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:20:14 PM »
The Dalai Lama imposed the ban in 1996 and with even greater force in 2008. As a matter of fact, as of 2008 the Dalai Lama's stance and policies enforced by the CTA have all but made the ban illegal although, ironically, the ban itself is illegal and unconstitutional.

The anti-Shugden camp have not left any stone unturned and even went to the extreme of expelling Shugden monks and issuing death threats to Shugden monks and lay practitioners. And yet, 17 years after the ban and over five years since the unholy purge, they still have to write books justifying the ban and the Dalai Lama himself has to promote it.

I would say that this is a sure sign that the ban is not that popular and over time more and more people have come to realise how unreasonable the ban is and how the reasons put forward to justify it are lies. The simple fact is, not even the Dalai Lama is more powerful than the Truth. This is despite untiring efforts by the CTA to rewrite political and spiritual history and twisting facts not in their favour such as the Great Fifth Dalai Lama acknowledging the enlightened nature of Dorje Shugden. The CTA even created a Dolgyal Research Committee to churn out negative propaganda and they do so quite miserably by simply lying.

How unfortunate that the occasion of the teachings of the Lamrin, an exposition of the truth, should be underscored by the retelling of lies and the practice of anti-Dharma.

hope rainbow

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
I have not seen that "book" and I don't know what it says. I can only imagine and assume.
But I know this, history and logic will make the truth about Dorje Shugden prevail, it is not a matter of belief within Buddhism, it is a matter of logic and common sense.
So this book is actually good news, because it makes the debate more dynamic, and as I expect there would be a reasoning of some sort in this book to justify the ban, then this very reasoning can be dismantled by a more potent reasoning, the same that this website explains in great details.
Thus, this new book can be turned around as a potent platform to help remove the ban.

Positive Change

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »
Sounds to me like more "justifications" if ever to "combat" the resistance to this now ridiculous ban. It is like the PR smear campaign of politics... This only serves to remind us all that if any justification is needed, it certainly is NOT the truth as the truth needs no justification. The prevailing justice that WILL come and the ban WILL end, and The Protector of our Time WILL indeed finally have his much deserved recognition and respect!

wang

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 11:58:45 PM »
The CTA even created a Dolgyal Research Committee to churn out negative propaganda and they do so quite miserably by simply lying.

They already have such a book published in Taiwan and be on shelf of major bookstores for over 2 years.  If you read the chapter about Pabongka Rinpoche you would cry out probably, not for how distorted the picture is on Pabongka Rinpoche but for how dangerous the Gelukpa lineage is under this dispute.

They even put on title  'Research on Tibet's Protectors - Yidams and Spirits' to make it like an academic publication...

Hope HHDL is not referring to Tibetan version of this book, not during the time he is doing the 'Liberation on your hand' transmission...

Lineageholder

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 09:25:48 AM »
I find it sad that the Dalai Lama has used the occasion of giving precious Lamrim teachings to promote his political agenda and to make further attempts to destroy the precious lineage that these teachings come from. Furthermore, he is enacting the supreme hypocrisy of talking about non-sectarianism whilst promoting a sectarian agenda.

Dalai Lama, stop lying!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »
@Losang Tenpa Can the video be transcribed into English ?

Anyways it is so inauspicious for them to propagate half truths and lies in Gaden itself. 

I heard references to Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen, Duldzin and Pabongka Rinpoche. I look at it as the ban it starting to  bother them so much they actually have a book published out on Dorje Shugden, so the work done on this websites and by other lamas are beginning to take its toll on them. For them to respond in such a manner. Lets bother them some more so they can never have any moment of peace until they bring this ban down.   

Manjushri

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »
Funny, how I see it is that, if the ban was truthful, and correct, why the need to even publish a book to justify and have HHDL inaugurate it? If the ban was correct, shouldn't people all over the world just listen to HHDL and not counter it at all, since the ban is correct?

Publishing a book on Dorje Shugden, and I suppose the contents of which are to highlight that Shugden is an evil spirit, how he is not enlightened, how practising it will be harmful etc etc., goes to show that CTA/Anti-DS communities have to convince people that DS is as what they wrongly accuse him to be. If what they say were true, then everyone would've followed in the first place, and they do not have to go through these great lengths to prove otherwise.

On a side note, I'm glad to see the respect shown to His Holiness and how many people/sangha will be blessed by HH's presence in the talks.

icy

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 12:18:45 PM »
Truth is powerful and cannot be obliterated no matter what method or book CTA and Shartse Abbot try to deploy to the justification of the ban.  CTA undermine the intelligence of Tibetans and remain stuck to feudalism in the ancient period of Tibet during 21st century and beyond the ground of Tibet.  Justice to truth will erase their primitive brutality of  removing an authentic and powerful protector practice.  The ban cannot withstand the force of truth much longer and has to fall away soon.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »
Also found this on Radio Free Asia:

Dalai Lama talks about Shugden is South India:

http://www.rfa.org/tibetan/dalai-lama/hh-dalai-lama-talks-about-shugden-in-south-india-12282013111531.html

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
These justifications published in this book of supposed truth is nothing but lies to try to cover baseless ideas in relation to the great and powerful protector. it is truly a shame that they could even think of doing this during Lamrim teachings. The Dalai Lama's show of hypocrisy is disheartening to say the least. People need to know that someone whom the whole world thinks promotes tolerance, he himself is a person who does the exact opposite. 

Lineageholder

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »

http://www.rfa.org/tibetan/dalai-lama/hh-dalai-lama-talks-about-shugden-in-south-india-12282013111531.html

There's no mention of this in the English section of the website.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 05:37:45 AM »
I think it would be good if high lamas from both camps meet to have an open debate, just like monks in monastery do, on why Dorje Shugden is claimed to be a demon and the ban by the anti Shugden group and why Dorje Shugden is an enlightened dharma protector and why the ban should be lifted by the pro Shugden group. Such an event should be witnessed by scholars from monasteries of each camp and a decision should be made after the debate. This would be more civilized, logical and peaceful compared to what the ban is doing to innocent people. I do not agree the issue of the ban should be brought up in a dharma teaching regardless of who was the speaker or VIP invited.   

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »

Thanks for sharing this, Losang Tenpa. is there an English translation? I would love to hear what the Dalai Lama actually said about Dorje Shugden. Is there a new perspective or is it simply same old same old?

Cheers oh.. and happy 2014 in advance - or whenever India's timezone turns 2014!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
Here is his first talk on the 24th.

HIs Holiness address on Dhogyal, Bylakuppe