Author Topic: Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on 'Dhogyal'  (Read 54757 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Re: Dalai Lama inaugurates a book on 'Dhogyal'
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »
If accusations against Dorje Shugde is true and there is in fact REAL and concrete scriptural evidence to support the claims, there would be no need to for the CTA or anyone to publish a book. It would be more than adequate to hold an open debate in the presence of all Gelug scholars, Geshes, lamas and monks. Do it like it has always been done - in the open and for all to see and judge.

The CTA has a Dolgyal Research Committee which is really nothing more than a propaganda machinery, hell-bent on distorting the truth to corrupt the minds of the Tibetan people. I cannot think of another modern government that has a department with similar functions.

This is not the first time such a book has been published and just like this new book, the previous book also accused Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen's mother of anti-Dharma acts. In October 1989, the CTA's Dolgyal Research Committee published "A Brief History Of Opposition To Shugden"which quoted the Fifth Dalai Lama as saying "…because of the meddling of Lag Agyal of Gekhasa (Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen's mother), the false reincarnation of Tulku Sonam Geleg Palzang (Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen) got his way and because of distorted prayers he became a perfidious interfering spirit and brought serious harm to sentient beings…"

Whether they authors of the book realise it or not, they are in fact saying that a single person, Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen's mother, duped the entire Gelugpa school INCLUDING the teacher of Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen who also happened to be the teacher of the Fifth Dalai Lama, the great Panchen Lobsang Chokyi Gyaltsen. Panchen Lobsang Chokyi was certainly no ordinary lama.

Panchen Lobsang Chokyi Gyaltsen was the teacher and mentor who trained and guided Lozang Gyatso who became known as the Great Fifth Dalai Lama. It was the Great Fifth who gave his teacher the monastery of Tashilhunpo and it was also the Great Fifth who accorded the title Panchen (short for Pandita chen mo, meaning Great Scholar) to his teacher. The Fifth Dalai Lama in his wisdom and clairvoyance not only recognized his teacher to be the incarnation of Buddha Amitabha but also to have hailed from the illustrious line of incarnations tracing back to Khedrup Je himself.

The significance of this line of incarnation cannot be understated for it was Khedrup Je who on five occasions met his master the great Je Tsongkhapa himself in mystical states, after Tsongkhapa passed into clear light. Panchen Lobsang Chokyi Gyaltsen wrote many important Buddhist texts as did his past incarnation as Khedrup Je. Amongst some of the key works by Khedrup Je was the text on the Kalachakra tantra, which is still being used by the present and 14th Dalai Lama as the basis for His Holiness’s empowerments into the Kalachakra practice.

The Great Fifth Dalai Lama’s veneration and devotion to his teacher was well known and when Panchen Lobsang Chokyi Gyaltsen passed into clear light, the Great Fifth himself composed a special prayer asking for his teacher and mentor to return, and further instructed all monks from the great monasteries to recite the special prayer. There is no doubt that the Fifth Dalai Lama had tremendous love and trust for his teacher.

Having established the undoubted greatness of Panchen Lobsang Chokyi Gyaltsen, it is significant to note that it was none other than this highly accomplished master who recognized his other heart student and contemporary of the Great Fifth Dalai Lama, Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen to be who he really was, i.e. Manjushri himself. The Panchen Lama Losang Chokyi Gyaltsen, the teacher of both Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen and the Fifth Dalai Lama, had written a prayer listing Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen’s previous incarnations as including Venerable Manjushri, Mahasiddha Birupa, Sakya Pandita Kunga Gyaltsen, Buton Rinchen Drub, Duldzin Dragpa Gyaltsen, Panchen Sonam Dragpa, Sonam Yeshe Wangpo and Sonam Geleg Pelsang.

Therefore if its true that Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen arose via the manipulations of his mother, it would mean that the Panchen Losang Chokyi Gyaltsen was fooled. In other words, the Fifth Dalai Lama learned from a teacher who had no clairvoyance and omniscience whatsoever. It would mean the the lineage of Dalai Lama are seriously flawed in what they learned from the time of the Fifth Dalai Lama.

Is that the case?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:35:21 PM by vajratruth »

Matibhadra

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 06:18:06 PM »
This whole story only shows what was already so crystal clear, to wit, that the Dalai is just a psychotic character hell bent on smearing and destroying his perceived rival Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen in order to assert his absolute power within Gelugpas and Tibetan Buddhism -- not different from the psychotic jealous murderous monomaniac god of the Jews, hell bent on smearing and destroying the other gods in order to assert himself as the only god.

Therefore, the Dalai, while under human shape, would be better understood as an evil spirit, eager to usurp Buddhist tradition and replace it with a new religion (or rather a sickness), let's call it dalaism, a personality cult turning around himself as ”Chenrezig”.

This shows how fortunate are Tibetans within Tibet, not to be under the power of this psychotic character. If while in exile, with curtailed powers, he already incites so much hatred and violence among Tibetan community, then just imagine the bloody persecutions he would undertake as the theocrat with full powers within Tibet (plus the full support of Western war and hatred propaganda machine, also known as ”free press”, just like many other bloody dictators worldwide).

Therefore, Tibetans inside and outside Tibet would better wake up, see that the ”emperor” is naked, and to demote this ridiculous, but highly dangerous, entity to the place were he belongs, the garbage bin of history, where he will enjoy the company of his ilk, religious persecutors, devil makers and witch-hunters such as the ”great” inquisitor Torquemada in the West or king Langdarma in Tibet itself.

Q

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 07:54:29 PM »
Through the mischief and manipulation of Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen's mother that the wrong Tulku was recognized??? I'm sorry, I can't believe this point. If it was true, then TDG's mother must be the mother of all Buddhas for being able to fool all the enlightened masters of that time. 

The more I look at the issue surrounding Dorje Shugden, the more similarities I see in the time of the 5th Dalai Lama... and that goes to say that everything that is happening is heavily dependent on political issues. Just like the time when TDG was in equal rank as the 5th Dalai Lama, and thus viewed as a threat... So does DS lamas such as Pabongka Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche are viewed with such high regards that they could well be a 'threat'...

Rihanna

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:25 PM »
I hope this book will be translated into English or Mandarin soon so that I can read and know the crap that CTA wrote. Also then the whole world will be able to read the lies and how twisted CTA is. One thing is for sure: CTA do have guts to put down in writting and publish a book on lies. Unfortunately it is now only in Tibetan and not many people will be able to comment on it but I am sure once it is translated, this book will be the basis for many debates and untold truth. Does anyone know who are the authors? I wonder if they also write in the book that whoever doesn't tow the line will get beaten up as what they did to Gen Chonze of Trijang Ladrang????

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »

The more I look at the issue surrounding Dorje Shugden, the more similarities I see in the time of the 5th Dalai Lama... and that goes to say that everything that is happening is heavily dependent on political issues. Just like the time when TDG was in equal rank as the 5th Dalai Lama, and thus viewed as a threat... So does DS lamas such as Pabongka Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche are viewed with such high regards that they could well be a 'threat'...

Dear Q,

Very good observation. There is no question that the present Dalai Lama views the present incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche as a real threat. Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen and Pabongka Rinpoche for certain rivalled and perhaps even surpassed the 5th and 13th Dalai Lama respectively as [spiritual] leaders of the Tibetan people and increasingly the same can be said about Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche and the 14th Dalai Lama. More and more we see the popularity of Trijang Rinpoche. I would say that the Dalai Lama is popular outside the Tibetan Community whilst inside, he is feared whilst Trijang Rinpoche is revered and loved.

When the present Dalai Lama said that he was following in the footsteps of the 5th Dalai Lama he was right on at least 4 counts:

(i) Both were politicians first and foremost;
(ii) Both went against the opinions and instructions of their Gurus - the 5th against the opinion of the Panchen Losang Choyi and the present against the illustrious Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang;
(iii) Both were known for mixing traditions;
(iv) Both recanted they view and stance on an enlightened being - Dorje Shugden. Both have tried to get rid of the Protector via the invocations of rituals, both failed to "exorcise" a Buddha and both wrote great praises to Dorje Shugden.

diablo1974

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 09:27:27 AM »
After so many years, the CTA is still going against religious freedom. They should be putting down the real demons rather than Dorje Shugden. Maybe they understand very well that Dorje shugden won't be hitting back on them because He is a Buddha. But its funny that they have published book to further 'brainwash' the new and old buddhist community. Hmm, i can say that they are 'panic' and they want to do something to feel more secure.

eyesoftara

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 09:33:01 AM »
He repeated the story of Dromtonpa’s passing away. Dromtonpa had laid his head in Potowa’s lap, when a tear fell on his cheek and he asked what the matter was. Potowa answered, “Who will I rely on when you’re gone?” and Dromtonpa told him to rely on scripture. His Holiness commended this as very appropriate advice.

Like what Dromtonpa advised to Geshe Potowa, with regards to "who" he should rely on after Dromtonpa passed away, Dromtonpa advised that Potowa should rely on the Scriptures ie  the Dharma. If we examine the Dharma from the optimum human rebirth, Guru Devotion, the law of cause and effect and lojong, it doesn't make sense the claims of His Holiness that the Protector is a spirit. All the arguments that has been presented  against the ban is valid and all the arguments against the Protector are just based on "history" which we all know can be manipulated.

Only the Dharma can be use to "judge" for ourselves if the protector is enlightened. If the Dalai Lama recognized the current incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche, then this incarnation is authentic and the previous Trijang did not go to the hells for propitiating a spirit and telling others to do the same. If the current incarnation is authentic then the protector is enlightened. Period! There are many such Dharma verification we can make for ourselves that the Protector is really enlightened.

Forget about books that are based on history and documents that cannot be verified. We can argue until the cows come home and we would not have any conclusion.

Who is the CTA trying to kid?

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »
To be this is just "cognitive dissonance" ie to reinforce what the CTA and the non-Shugden monks thinks. It is to reinforce the false logic with false documents compile in a book. To lie about what is already a lie. It does not make any sense to Shugden practitioners. All it does is create more schism. The Dalai Lama, an enlightened being can do it. But are the monks in Sera all enlightened. Are the CTA?

This is another sign of the degeneration of the world at large. Even in the Sangha, it is not all holy. Sigh!

We cannot let politics rule over spirituality. We need to work harder to promote the protector.

Lineageholder

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »
When I was at Dromo, the medium of Dolgyal and Dulzin was there while the mediums of Nechung and Gadong were absent. As a follower of Phabongka Rinpoche’s tradition and a student of Trijang Rinpoche, I made a connection with Dolgyal.

Interesting language from the Dalai Lama, "as a follower of Phabongka Rinpoche's tradition...." So now he's trying to imply that Phabongka Rinpoche had his own tradition and wasn't in the Gelugpa mainstream? Every effort is being made to sideline and disown this great Teacher who was Heruka himself.

In Tibet there are even stories that Tulku Dakpa Gyaltsen is an emanation of Je Rinpoche arisen as a haughty wrathful spirit. When he died, Je Rinpoche merged the mother and child clear light and attained the illusory body. Would such a being arise as a haughty wrathful spirit? The suggestion is just defamatory.”

That's precisely WHY Dorje Shugden is a Buddha! He and Je Rinpoche are in the same mental continuum. Also, is the Dalai Lama really ignorant of the sutras where it says that Buddhas can appear in any form, as men, women, deluded beings or even insane beings? Buddhas appear in any form to help the Dharma to flourish or to tame sentient beings. Even though Dorje Shugden is a Buddha he can appear in a mundane aspect if that benefits others.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »

Dear Q,

Very good observation. There is no question that the present Dalai Lama views the present incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche as a real threat. Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen and Pabongka Rinpoche for certain rivalled and perhaps even surpassed the 5th and 13th Dalai Lama respectively as [spiritual] leaders of the Tibetan people and increasingly the same can be said about Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche and the 14th Dalai Lama. More and more we see the popularity of Trijang Rinpoche. I would say that the Dalai Lama is popular outside the Tibetan Community whilst inside, he is feared whilst Trijang Rinpoche is revered and loved.

When the present Dalai Lama said that he was following in the footsteps of the 5th Dalai Lama he was right on at least 4 counts:

(i) Both were politicians first and foremost;
(ii) Both went against the opinions and instructions of their Gurus - the 5th against the opinion of the Panchen Losang Choyi and the present against the illustrious Kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang;
(iii) Both were known for mixing traditions;
(iv) Both recanted they view and stance on an enlightened being - Dorje Shugden. Both have tried to get rid of the Protector via the invocations of rituals, both failed to "exorcise" a Buddha and both wrote great praises to Dorje Shugden.

i guess that is why politics and religion should never mix. And it is beyond obvious that the Dorje Shugden witch hunt is purely political and thus the antithesis of religion. Mainstream religion in all its forms espouses harmony, respect, loving compassion, and Buddhism especially focuses on pacifism and kindness. On the other hand, the Dorje Shugden ban openly encourages schism, hatred and violence.

With regard to your comparison of the Great Fifth and the 14th Dalai Lama, you omitted a future point (v) which is that both the Great 5th and Dalai Lama accepted again that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha!

OK, I like to dream :D
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Q

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »
@Wisdom Being

Your explanation is very logical. It's true, that all religion promotes peace, harmony etc but turns sour when politics is involved. We have seen it in many religions in the past just like the crusaders, the talibans... and now... within Tibetan Buddhism. I would never have thoughts that Buddhism, such a peaceful religion would have so many hidden demons.

I like your final observation... yes, we all like the dream... but this dream will come true. It's just a matter of time =)

Matibhadra

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2014, 03:49:09 AM »
Also, is the Dalai Lama really ignorant of the sutras where it says that Buddhas can appear in any form, as men, women, deluded beings or even insane beings?

Whatever is in the sutras, from respect to the guru onwards, the evil dalai will ignore, because whatever is Dharma is contradictory to his maniac paranoid greed for absolutistic power. This deluded, noxious individual thinks that he is Chenrezig and thus has the authority to recreate Dharma according to his convenience.

Matibhadra

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »
Mainstream religion in all its forms espouses harmony, respect, loving compassion,

Judaism and its branches (Judaism for non-Jews, or for export) such as Christanity and Islam, espouse forced conversion to their bloodthirsty, envious “god” Jehovah, and the utter destruction of other religions and their “false” gods.

The evil dalai, himself having his monthly allowances paid by a Jewish convicted criminal (George Soros), follows the same way, in his attempts to suppress religious freedom among Tibetans. He is also “mainstream”.

Beware of the “mainstream”.

icy

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »
Oh my Buddha!.... It is utterly naughty to say that Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen's mother can fool all the Gelukpa's most eminent and illustrious masters like Pabongkha Rinpoche, Trijang Rinpoche and Panchen Lama in believing TDG is the right incarnation.  To be able to do this, she must be a Buddha herself.  Hence, the equation of this comes around to say that Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen is indeed the correct pick after all and she cannot be wrong in the manipulation.  So it is absolutely true Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen is the incarnation of Buddha Manjushri and cannot be refuted that Dorje Shugden is the Wisdom Buddha.

pgdharma

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:49 AM »
I have not seen this book which is in Tibetan but I think this book will not have a great impact and the article will carry little weight. If the accusation that Dorje Shugden is a spirit and it is the truth than there is no need to go all the way to publish a book to justify the ban.

However on a brighter note, even though the Dalai Lama launched the book, he did not say that his followers are not allowed to practice as he mentioned that it is up to his followers to make their own choice after reading the book.