Author Topic: Drukpa Kagyu Practices Dorje Shugden  (Read 28695 times)

DharmaSpace

Re: Drukpa Kagyu Practices Dorje Shugden
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »
His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa who is based around the Ladakh region in India, is a strong advocate for environment, he is also a well travelled Lama who also visited South Korea before and saw how dharma is propagated there.

HH Gyalwang Drukpa's travel to South Korea
http://www.buddhachannel.tv/portail/spip.php?article2487

I supposed His Holiness saw that to have a beautiful environment to practice was very important. I also encountered a picture of His Holiness wearing the yellow hats, for long I always thought the yellow hats was predominantly worn by Gelug monks and lamas. I suppose one should not be to attached to forms as shown by his example. 

dsnowlion

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 09:13:00 PM »
It is great to know that Dorje Shugden was even beneficial in Bhutan and was actually requested to protect Guru Rinpoche's teachings! Wow... this information must have been a huge BLOW on CTA. They must be dumbfounded and hence the need to probably ask the Je Khenpo of Bhutan to implement his so-called ban on Dorje Shugden strongly everywhere in Bhutan amongst Bhutanese. Hence, this info of their history uncovered becomes not a celebration and a rejoicing news but an attack on Shugden, claiming we are disrupting their peace and wanting to convert them. Good lord, whatever happened to freedom of religion? And this is another country that prides themselves in governing their country with democracy?! Amazing.

Definitely, the Bhutanese monarch is afraid of the Zhabdrung Rinpoche's incarnations because they were the ones who took it in the first place so all the other incarnations well like what the article said...

"the Zhabdrung incarnations have “continued to appear and have to be dealt with poisonings, pushing off rooftops, and strangulations“, leading to subsequent incarnations taking rebirth further and further East, away from Bhutan." I guess there is a CTA in Bhutan as well. I guess the CTA's poison has reached Bhutan. But we won't stop raising the awareness and the evidence we find, for each evidence put out there in on the internet will be there forever for people who really care to research and find out the truth. CTA cannot hide behind so many lies and time is short for them. They had better be worried about uniting their people and getting the Dalai Lama back to Tibet instead of coming up with BS upon BS on Dorje Shugden!

dsnowlion

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »
Another thing I find really funny is how come no one ever says anything about Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche who is Bhutanese and his radical behaviour and controversial style of teaching, how come? He is a monk isn't he, how come a monk can act this way? So this is fine with the Je Khenpo but to reveal a history of their lineage master practising Dorje Shugden is not fine?

So if Bhutan's Je Khenpo does this, will it be fine? If the Dalai Lama does this will it be fine? If the other high lamas do this, will it be fine? And what about Shugden lamas?

I am not saying Dzongsar Khyentse is wrong, I actually think he is pretty cool, but how come it is fine for him to do whatever he wants but definitely not for a Shugden lama? They'll be bombarded non-stop if this happens. So what I am pointing out here is the hypocrisy and the unfairness. Some lamas can do all types of things and they’re fine. It’s all just very political, isn't it?

Rowntree

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 12:47:59 PM »
I don't have anything against Khyentse Rinpoche. In fact, I like his contemporary ways to bring dharma to modern people. However, his actions are controversy as it is against how a Rinpoche should act or behave. If you compare the Je Khenpo of Bhutan with him, you will understand what I mean. These Bhutanese making negative comments about Dorje Shugden and cursing with every vulgar word they can think of, actually, most of them can only think of the F-word, to swear at pure and sincere monks, it is clear to me that as long as you are not a Dorje Shugden practitioner, you can do anything you like. Just like Khyentse Rinpoche and his highly controversial and obnoxious methods are perfectly fine because he is not a Dorje Shugden practitioner. So what logic is this?

dsnowlion

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 07:15:15 AM »
I don't have anything against Khyentse Rinpoche. In fact, I like his contemporary ways to bring dharma to modern people. However, his actions are controversy as it is against how a Rinpoche should act or behave. If you compare the Je Khenpo of Bhutan with him, you will understand what I mean. These Bhutanese making negative comments about Dorje Shugden and cursing with every vulgar word they can think of, actually, most of them can only think of the F-word, to swear at pure and sincere monks, it is clear to me that as long as you are not a Dorje Shugden practitioner, you can do anything you like. Just like Khyentse Rinpoche and his highly controversial and obnoxious methods are perfectly fine because he is not a Dorje Shugden practitioner. So what logic is this?

Wow is that real tats? I bet it isn't but never the less Dzongzar Khyentse never fails to use shock tactics to get attention and attract people into Dharma this way. ANd yes what you say is very very true... he and many other Lamas can do many unconventional things that seems controversial and would not be tolerated IF you are Shugden Lama. Heck, you'll be attacked by a group of people just because you put up a historical article about Dorje Shugden. So definitely in the Tibetan Leadership eyes, anything Shugden is bound to be targeted, attacked and criticised until you are not worth a cent.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the controversial method so long as it does not harm or violate anyone like what Sogyal and now Mipham of Shambala did - sexually assault their female students! Now that is REALLY TOO MUCH! So yes the Tibetan leadership has really brainwashed the masses of Dharma institutions, abbots and monasteries to listen to the BS that Dorje Shugden is harmful to the Tibetan Cause. Look if it was really that harmful, why don't you just bind Dorje Shugden to be one of Setrap's entourage or something. But they can 't and they know their reasonings are stupid... so they keep beating the tired drum that Dorje Shugden is evil without real hard solid evidence. And the best part is so many ignorant people just blindly faith. 

Rowntree

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 12:39:56 AM »
IF you are Shugden Lama. Heck, you'll be attacked by a group of people just because you put up a historical article about Dorje Shugden. So definitely in the Tibetan Leadership eyes, anything Shugden is bound to be targeted, attacked and criticised until you are not worth a cent.

I have just come across the scenario you have mentioned. Please see the screenshot attached. My question is, why don't they just use their so-called power & deities to destroy Dorje Shugden so all his follower will be impotent? Why do they send it to the lama who supposedly has no such power? Just like CTA, why don't they ask the emanation of Avalokitesvara, the Dalai Lama, and tens of thousands of high lamas to use the powerful Buddhist deities and rituals to bind Dorje Shugden so they do not have to worry anymore?

These so-called Buddhists misused religion to practice hate with a ‘reason’. These people represent Buddhism very badly and not fit to have a religion because they are only hiding behind a label to justify their un-Buddhist actions.

Drolma

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 07:59:05 AM »
IF you are Shugden Lama. Heck, you'll be attacked by a group of people just because you put up a historical article about Dorje Shugden. So definitely in the Tibetan Leadership eyes, anything Shugden is bound to be targeted, attacked and criticised until you are not worth a cent.

I have just come across the scenario you have mentioned. Please see the screenshot attached. My question is, why don't they just use their so-called power & deities to destroy Dorje Shugden so all his follower will be impotent? Why do they send it to the lama who supposedly has no such power? Just like CTA, why don't they ask the emanation of Avalokitesvara, the Dalai Lama, and tens of thousands of high lamas to use the powerful Buddhist deities and rituals to bind Dorje Shugden so they do not have to worry anymore?

These so-called Buddhists misused religion to practice hate with a ‘reason’. These people represent Buddhism very badly and not fit to have a religion because they are only hiding behind a label to justify their un-Buddhist actions.

Dorje Shugden ban has caused so much problems in the Buddhist community. The CTA tells lies about Dorje Shugden. People are encouraged to be rude and violent towards Dorje Shugden practitioners. If you are a Dorje Shugden practitioners and you posted something about Dorje Shugden on your social media account, the next thing you know is insult from people you don't know.

Real Buddhists will not be discriminative to people who have a different faith from them. Buddha Shakyamuni said we have to treat people equally and respect others. So if we follow Buddha's teaching, we will not be rude or insult people.

From the Dorje Shugden ban we can also see that many people are not real Buddhist practitioners. It is fine if they want to follow what the Dalai Lama said. But it is not fine to segregate and insult Dorje Shugden practitioners. What really is the benefit of imposing Dorje Shugden ban? I see more disadvantages and no advantage at all. May the ban be lifted soon.

Ngawang

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 08:23:06 AM »
Dorje Shugden is not a sectarian Buddha. He is being practised in several majors sects in Tibetan Buddhism such as Nyingma, Sakya and Gelug. There is plenty of evidence in biographies of high lamas, written works of High Lamas, and prayers that proves Dorje Shugden is being practised by these sects since 400 years ago.

He is a very powerful protector that is being relied on by many people and definitely not a sectarian Buddha that only protects Gelupas. How can a Buddha be sectarian? It is impossible for Enlightened beings to treat beings unfairly as they have great compassion.

Tracy

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2019, 06:31:18 AM »
Dorje Shugden is not a sectarian Buddha. He is being practised in several majors sects in Tibetan Buddhism such as Nyingma, Sakya and Gelug. There is plenty of evidence in biographies of high lamas, written works of High Lamas, and prayers that proves Dorje Shugden is being practised by these sects since 400 years ago.

He is a very powerful protector that is being relied on by many people and definitely not a sectarian Buddha that only protects Gelupas. How can a Buddha be sectarian? It is impossible for Enlightened beings to treat beings unfairly as they have great compassion.

Dorje Shugden is an emanation of Buddha Manjushri. Buddhas treat all sentient beings equally, they are not discriminative, so how can Dorje Shugden be sectarian? It is true that there are many evidences showing that Dorje Shugden is practised in other lineages, not only Gelug lineage.

For example, in Bhutan, the 4th Zhabdrung Rinpoche practised Dorje Shugden. He even wrote prayers for Dorje Shugden. Another example is, Dorje Shugden was first enthroned as a Dharma protector in Shakya lineage.

Before Dorje Shugden ban was imposed, everyone practised what they believed in, there was no conflict between people. No one discriminates another person because of their beliefs. The ban does not give any benefit but creates problems among the Tibetans and the Buddhist community.