Author Topic: Look what is available for invite!!!  (Read 22377 times)

so_003

Re: Look what is available for invite!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 08:03:28 AM »
This 40" statue is very beautiful. Thank you for coming up with so many great design and statue for us to invite home. I love the pendants too.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
When I first started on Tibetan Buddhism 5 years ago, I was not favourable to big statues in general. But as I progress and of course attending teachings and also reading up more, I realised the benefit of inviting big statues. Of course, back then I had to fly to Nepal or India to get them as they were not available online and I ended up spending lots of money on the logistic. Therefore, I do appreciate for the administrator to have big statues available online. On top of this, Shugden statues are awfully rare. I have tried sourcing for them in India and Nepal, most statue shops do not carry them due to the controversial. Thank you very much for making it easy for Shugden practioner to invite such beautiful statues.

Barzin

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »
You guys are brilliant!

You make things so accessible and easy for us, for our practice.  I really appreciate it a lot.  What a beautiful statue to have.  The thing is personally I have not encounter any Dorje Shugden statue around and it is rare to come across.  One day I was googling and stumbled upon your online shop.  The stuff there are magnificent!

I really like this brass statue as it is well made and easy to carry especially when we go travelling.  Now we can even order bigger statue from you!  I definitely will spread the news to friends. I can hear them screaming now! :) ;)

kris

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »
Do spend some time in the e-shop: http://shop.dorjeshugden.com and check out the interesting items which can be invited home. The statues are really good quality.

The net proceeds of this shop will help to maintain the websites as well as all the good work.

dsiluvu

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Oh wow wow wow... this is super brilliant!!!

A 3feet 1meter statue would be super awesome to have and it is definitely worth the price... only US$8 plus for a 3 feet Dorje Shugden?! Wow... that is really affordable. We buy small statues of less then 20" online for even more at times. This is a steal really. 

I really really like the brown copper like coloured one and I would personally like to have only his face painted in the traditional way with features. Does anyone know if they can do this? Are there any extra charges?

What about the inside of the statue, can mantras be inserted inside if we wanted, although it says it is not? I am going to tell my family about this, we could perhaps dedicate a special chapel area for him hmmmm some planning and talking to be done soon  :)

You know your online store has the most beautiful items and rare items that most modern practitioners in the west would find it difficult to obtain. I thank you guys behind this who work so tirelessly in spreading Dorje Shugden to the world. Not many realise but I am sure it is not easy to be doing this while the ban is still on, yet you continue guys passionately spread Dorje Shugden to so many. I really sometimes wonder if there was no ban, would we be so lucky to see so much activities on Dorje Shugden... perhaps this website would not have even exist. So in some silly sense... for me at least, looking at the positives, I am thankful for all this.

Barzin

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »
Oh great!  this post resurfaced!  This reminds me back in those days we were dying to find items on Dorje Shugden until your eshop came along.  I live this statue and the tsa-tsa you guys made.  I still have them on my altar.  Time flies, years have passed and finally things seemed to be looking up.  I do sincerely prayed that when the ban is release you guys can really openly sell all these items and people will flock in to get.  This will help the monastery's funds tremendously.  Thankyou for your kind effort.  What we can contribute is it's either we buy to support or to promote the website!!!!

fruven

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 06:33:09 PM »
This is awesome! Thank you for giving the chance for people to be able to invite large statue home. Large statue definitely has awesome power to bless the whole house or the office. If it is on a personal altar every day we do our prayer on this statue we collect the merits to be able to practice Dharma and at the same time blessed the statue. The place will be very conducive for doing prayers.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 05:15:45 AM »
Hmm I am wondering if the Dorje Shugden statue has already been consecrated and filled with mantras? Coz I was thinking of inviting one but it would be hard to consecrate it myself as I do not have the necessary tools or items to consecrate and fill up the statue. I also do not know of the procedure to do so, and there are no Dorje Shugden friendly Buddhist centers around where I am that could fill up the statue for me. It would be great if the statues where filled up or that the e-shop has an option to fill up the statues with mantras and holy items for a fee. I wouldnt mind paying that at all!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 03:03:10 AM »
Hmm I am wondering if the Dorje Shugden statue has already been consecrated and filled with mantras? Coz I was thinking of inviting one but it would be hard to consecrate it myself as I do not have the necessary tools or items to consecrate and fill up the statue. I also do not know of the procedure to do so, and there are no Dorje Shugden friendly Buddhist centers around where I am that could fill up the statue for me. It would be great if the statues where filled up or that the e-shop has an option to fill up the statues with mantras and holy items for a fee. I wouldnt mind paying that at all!

I am not sure but I think your request may be fulfilled by Admin. After all, this site has amazingly creative and dedicated people working and I am quite sure they will do their best to make sure the practice of Dorje Shugden flourishes. However, you may encounter a small problem from your county's Customs for the Customs officers may want you to open up the statue for their inspection. I think it could be easily opened up, the lotus base may be screwed on after filling.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 04:35:08 AM »
I am not sure but I think your request may be fulfilled by Admin. After all, this site has amazingly creative and dedicated people working and I am quite sure they will do their best to make sure the practice of Dorje Shugden flourishes. However, you may encounter a small problem from your county's Customs for the Customs officers may want you to open up the statue for their inspection. I think it could be easily opened up, the lotus base may be screwed on after filling.

Hmm...usually if the statue does not make a shaking sound when shaken, it could easily pass through customs without much problems. If I am not mistaken, after a statue has been filled, the base would be sealed with glue, making it almost impossible to open, after observing several of my statues when I invited them already filled. But anyway, it is just a suggestion that i feel might be a good idea to help some of us who are living too far from facilities that may be able to help with the consecration and filling up of the statue because it is not easy to learn and procure the materials for it.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
Consecration of statues as explained by Drepung Loseling Monastery :

http://www.drepung.org/Changing/ChangingMenu/Statue-Consecration-2010.htm

Traditionally known as Rab-ne, this ceremony involves intensive preparatory rites and rituals of self-generation and the generation of deities into the material substances that are then used to fill the statues and other sacred objects. Invoking the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas through meditation, mantra and music, grand offerings are made to the enlightened beings and their blessings are drawn and absorbed into the objects of consecration.

Statue Consecration Process
To properly consecrate a statue the DLM monks, prior to the ceremony, will perform the tradition of filling the statue with sacred texts, medicinal herbs and other precious articles. The process involves daily rituals and rites during which the monks chant mantras to prepare them for the statue filling. A consecrated statue can help to clear away obstacles and negative energies from the home and the environment thus acting as a healing energy.

Each statue is filled with sacred text, which is first colored in saffron and tightly wrapped into scrolls individual sized for each statue. Scrolls are placed at the head, throat, heart and abdomen of the statue and then locked into place with medicinal herbs and other precious articles imported from India.

This is a rare opportunity to have your Buddhist statue properly consecrated, a process that, if done individually, would take many hours, possibly days, at a substantial cost.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24:46 AM »
Consecration of statues as explained by Drepung Loseling Monastery :

http://www.drepung.org/Changing/ChangingMenu/Statue-Consecration-2010.htm

Traditionally known as Rab-ne, this ceremony involves intensive preparatory rites and rituals of self-generation and the generation of deities into the material substances that are then used to fill the statues and other sacred objects. Invoking the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas through meditation, mantra and music, grand offerings are made to the enlightened beings and their blessings are drawn and absorbed into the objects of consecration.

Statue Consecration Process
To properly consecrate a statue the DLM monks, prior to the ceremony, will perform the tradition of filling the statue with sacred texts, medicinal herbs and other precious articles. The process involves daily rituals and rites during which the monks chant mantras to prepare them for the statue filling. A consecrated statue can help to clear away obstacles and negative energies from the home and the environment thus acting as a healing energy.

Each statue is filled with sacred text, which is first colored in saffron and tightly wrapped into scrolls individual sized for each statue. Scrolls are placed at the head, throat, heart and abdomen of the statue and then locked into place with medicinal herbs and other precious articles imported from India.

This is a rare opportunity to have your Buddhist statue properly consecrated, a process that, if done individually, would take many hours, possibly days, at a substantial cost.

This is indeed interesting. I've always have a rough idea of how statues are consecrated, but i never really have a chance to actually learn the full thing myself because there really isnt a monastery nearby that offers such a service. The price listings for them are also quite high -- it is way beyond my budget to fill it up at Drepung Loseling. Also, we're talking about a Dorje Shugden statue here, who is a 'banned' Dharma protector in which most probably they will refuse to help me fill it up and consecrate it.

But I guess there are books elsewhere that will help me out with it. Neverthenless, it is a very interesting read from Jessie Fong tho, thank you for the info :)

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2015, 08:12:23 AM »
There new additions of images and statues of Dorje Shugden available at on line shop at ds.com. and also vajrasecrets.com.

Very beautifully crafted articles from tsa tsas to pendants and also car hangers.

pinecone

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2015, 01:27:27 PM »
One need not have to be considered a Buddhist in order to procure a likeness of the Buddha for  home or place of business. The Buddha is recognized as a symbol of peace of mind. I have seen  Buddha  statues in hotels and holiday resort lobbies  and waiting rooms to encourage an atmosphere of well-being and calm.  Thank you Dondrup Shugden for leading to view more unique and beautiful statues and accessories at the online shop in ds.com and vajrasecrets.com  . Interesting online shops!