Author Topic: Hot News Regarding Lama Zopa  (Read 27792 times)

Mana

Hot News Regarding Lama Zopa
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:43:25 PM »
This website has recieved very clear information today from our long time and very reliable source that when Lama Zopa was very ill recently about 7 months back,  a monk of Kopan Monastery went in secret to Phelgye Ling Monastery (Swayambunath area) to request them to do Dorje Shugden puja for Lama Zopa's health.

Phelygye Ling monastery's senior administrator refused saying since Lama Zopa and his group are so 'vehemently' against Shugden, why come running to request Shugden puja once Lama Zopa is sick?

The Kopan monk people had the Shugden puja urgently done at another Monastery practicing Shugden in Kathmandu. The name of this Monastery is unknown for now, but we will find out.

Mana

( A divination must have been done that Shugden pujas are required urgently for Lama Zopa otherwise Kopan monks wouldn't come running to Phelgye Ling requesting for this. They lose face. )

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Hot News Regarding Lama Zopa
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
This is interesting. As Buddhist practitioners, is our ego and face more important than our lama that we would allow him to suffer just for the sake of being in the correct political party? Kopan monastery has done some really nasty things to the current incarnation of Pabongkha, basically snatching away his sponsors and isolating him in Nepal. This development is indeed interesting.

The Lama does not need to do divinations nor does he need to consult oracles to know what needs to be done. Lama Zopa needing Dorje Shugden pujas to be done is a very clear indication that he did not and never intended for the whole anti Shugden crusade that has been happening in his Dharma centers. It was done by force by his students who preferred following the Dalai Lama over their own lama.

I have heard of many stories during recent times that sponsors and committees of temples and centers overriding the teacher's instructions for various personal gains and also for the "survival" of the center. It is so sad when these days people see that their face and how they look as more important than the teacher himself because that is how Dharma degenerates. The more these FPMT centers destroy the main practice of their founders, the more consequences that they have to reap.

The stroke is but a warning to the students to stop doing such nonsense and start focusing on learning more about their lineage teachings and applying them into practice, and also following Lama Zopa's instructions as opposed to spending time crusading against other centers and Dorje Shugden practitioners.

Zach

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:02 PM »
This website has recieved very clear information today from our long time and very reliable source that when Lama Zopa was very ill recently about 7 months back,  a monk of Kopan Monastery went in secret to Phelgye Ling Monastery (Swayambunath area) to request them to do Dorje Shugden puja for Lama Zopa's health.

Phelygye Ling monastery's senior administrator refused saying since Lama Zopa and his group are so 'vehemently' against Shugden, why come running to request Shugden puja once Lama Zopa is sick?

The Kopan monk people had the Shugden puja urgently done at another Monastery practicing Shugden in Kathmandu. The name of this Monastery is unknown for now, but we will find out.

Mana

( A divination must have been done that Shugden pujas are required urgently for Lama Zopa otherwise Kopan monks wouldn't come running to Phelgye Ling requesting for this. They lose face. )
[/quote

Are we surprised ? Not at all.

hope rainbow

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »

Mana

I have myself, in my prayers, dedicated my merits for Lama Zopa to recover from His health challenge, and for His students to be up to the task.
Anyone could very well have requested or sponsored for special pujas to be done from an official DS monastery. Because they care, eventhough they are not FPMT.
Yet, this may be showing that some monks from Kopan monastery do care about Lama Zopa so much that they do what is necessary, and may even brave the ban...
I am not sure we can link more than that from this info...
And even though it gets one to think of the possibilities arising from this information, nothing specific could be concluded yet.
Perhaps a divination was done requiring for such puja to be done, and together with Zach I would not be surprised at all... but we can't know for sure...
It is very nice to hear that this was done though, very nice, it feels right!
I am thinking about the Kopan monk who exposed himself by going to the Phelgye Ling Monastery, very brave!

May Lama Zopa's health continue to improve.
May He keep teaching and may He remain with us.

Thank you Mana for this information.
I am looking forward to know more about it, for as long as it does not put anyone in trouble.

Hope Rainbow

triesa

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »

Mana

Interesting news Mana, thanks for the heads up!

I believe Lama Zopa has never given up his DS practice, why I say so, look at the link below :

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1575.0

Lama Zopa was doing puja infront of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche Stupa, who had given DS practice to so many renown lamas that are all over the world now.

If I was the senior administrator of Phelgye Ling, I would have accepted the request from this monk from Kopan monastery and arrange the puja for Lama Zopa. Because for this monk from Kopan Monastery to come running to Phelgye Ling and risk his life and possibly expulsion from Kopan if found out, it showed how much he loved his guru, the guru devotion propelled him to do whatever it took to help Lama zopa to recover. I just wish the administrator has accepted the request.

Glad that finally another Ds monastery in Kathmadu did the DS puja for Lama Zopa. And also Lama Zopa is recovering well now.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
This is hot news indeed! I must say that for there to be a request for a Dorje Shugden puja for Lama Zopa’s health is not surprising. After all, Dorje Shugden is incredibly powerful and swift. Especially also that there is the close link that Lama Zopa has with Dorje Shugden. After all, it was Dorje Shugden who identified Lama Zopa as a Rinpoche (Read about it here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=49.0)

Even though FPMT has meekly followed the Dalai Lama’s ban on Dorje Shugden practice, I know that Lama Zopa has never directly criticized Dorje Shugden and Lama Zopa has always emphasised following the Dalai Lama’s advice. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.0

It must have been very difficult for Lama Zopa to have decided to break samaya with Lama Yeshe and give up Dorje Shugden practice. It would have been a very powerful statement if FPMT had decided to defy the ban and continue with the precious protector practice as initiated by Lama Yeshe, who founded FPMT.

FPMT being such a large organisation worldwide would have given many Dorje Shugden practitioners strength to also stand up for Dorje Shugden and against the ban. Can you imagine the two large organisations – NKT and FPMT – continuing Dorje Shugden practice? But alas, FPMT decided to tow the party line.

The results – Lama Osel (Lama Yeshe’s recognised reincarnation) has broken away from FPMT and Lama Zopa had a stroke. The facts speak for themselves.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Carpenter

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
March 8th 2012
Dear Friends,
Ven Roger recently checked with Ven. Denma Locho Rinpoche whether there was anything FPMT centers, projects and services and students can do to help with Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s quick recovery. Denma Locho Rinpoche kindly advised a few pujas, which we are arranging now, and then gave the following advice:
"The students and centers really need to work according to Rinpoche's wishes. Whatever Rinpoche has advised for the them to do, it’s important to follow Rinpoche’s advice. The main thing is that everyone in the organization should really strive to fulfill Rinpoche’s advice.
In order to be harmonious, generally, you should not look for any faults in others, but look for the positive, the inner qualities. Thinking negatively like, "He is bad, she is bad", will not lead to harmony. Try to see the qualities in others and try to work harmoniously.
Recite the prayer Losang gyal tan ma - The Prayer for the Flourishing of Je Tsongkhapa’s Teachings - well [for links to the prayer see below]. Please recite it well. If students can do that, that’s really great.
But the most important thing is not looking at each others’ faults but looking at the qualities of others.
Then, whatever responsibility you have in the center [project or service], do the work from your heart, put all your energy into that, take the difficulties/hardships upon yourself and do the work wholeheartedly. If the work is done well, this will benefit the teachings of the Buddha, and also it will bring about happiness and joy to all sentient beings."
Source from: http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa.html

It stated above a few pujas to be done, but did not go in detail of what puja to be done, could it be some of it is Dorje Shugden? They only mention the prayer for the Flourishing of Je Tsongkhapa’s Teachings.

In order to be harmonious, generally, you should not look for any faults in others, but look for the positive, the inner qualities. Thinking negatively like, "He is bad, she is bad", will not lead to harmony. Try to see the qualities in others and try to work harmoniously.

I hope they really understand what does this mean, for what they are doing to Dorje Shugden is not what the above statement applies, many people wanted to look good at the outside but not in the inside, if this sickness of Lama Zopa is to make them realize this, I hope they do and make a transformation in mind.

dsiluvu

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
I guess when all else fails and the Lama Zopa uses his own health and life, manifesting the last resort to help his students realise something... transform perhaps?? And when all the other pujas done were still not effective, they go to Dorje Shugden... why is he was a demon and would cause harm??? Unless it is the opposite which we all know and is the obvious. 

After all, it was Dorje Shugden who identified Lama Zopa as a Rinpoche (Read about it here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=49.0)

Even though FPMT has meekly followed the Dalai Lama’s ban on Dorje Shugden practice, I know that Lama Zopa has never directly criticized Dorje Shugden and Lama Zopa has always emphasised following the Dalai Lama’s advice. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.0

I couldn't agree with u more WB... although Lama Zopa followed HHDL, he has never once said anything negative or schismatic towards Dorje Shugden or those practising DS. Perhaps his move was one that looks like politically correct but in secret who knows, Lama Zopa may still be doing DS practice quietly... which I would not be surprised.

I guess having huge centres all around the world has its pros and cons and the cons being... well i guess not many students get to see their Lama and they tend to take matters in to their own thinking and hands which sometime causes more harm then help and unfortunately this goes back to their Lama which they often forget.

I truly hope Dorje Shugden will convince Lama Zopa to heal himself and blesses Lama Zopa's body...

thaimonk

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »
Lama Zopa would recover much faster if Kopan and all of FPMT apologizes to Shugden and ask for a large Shugden pujas to be done. If this is done, things will be better. If it is not, it is the beginning of the end for them. No one can replace Lama Zopa within their organization. And Lama Osel is nowhere to be seen or heard and not interested in FPMT.

The price of giving up the practice of Shugden given by Lama Yeshe in order to be politically correct with the Dalai Lama creates the causes for heavy karma to open and ripen. Heavy broken samaya. When Lama Osel went away, that was their first sign things are going wrong. Now with Lama Zopa severely ill is the second sign. All for what? A few snapshot photos with the Dalai Lama they can post up on their websites? Not worth it. Save their Lama. They need Shugden very much now.

hope rainbow

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 05:16:09 AM »
Lama Zopa would recover much faster if Kopan and all of FPMT apologizes to Shugden and ask for a large Shugden pujas to be done. If this is done, things will be better. If it is not, it is the beginning of the end for them. No one can replace Lama Zopa within their organization. And Lama Osel is nowhere to be seen or heard and not interested in FPMT.

The price of giving up the practice of Shugden given by Lama Yeshe in order to be politically correct with the Dalai Lama creates the causes for heavy karma to open and ripen. Heavy broken samaya. When Lama Osel went away, that was their first sign things are going wrong. Now with Lama Zopa severely ill is the second sign. All for what? A few snapshot photos with the Dalai Lama they can post up on their websites? Not worth it. Save their Lama. They need Shugden very much now.

FPMT = Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition

Where is the "preservation" when samaya is broken and when the enlightened Protector Dorje Shugden is officially banned?

There is always a possibility also that Lama Zopa received instruction from His Guru to follow the Dalai Lama's instructions, just as was asked of Samdhong Rinpoche by Trijang Rinpoche.
In this instance, samaya is not broken, though it appears to be

Yet, how to "fix things up" afterwards... When the result is achieved and makes Dorje Shugden "famous" and mainstream, through the force of a ban, then there must be "damage control", and perceptions must be repaired. For this part, I have no idea what and how... I guess it'll take a generation if not more.

Will FPMT survive? I do hope so! There is a young and charismatic leader ready to take over. As Thaimonk says, it is time to apologize and repair... That is the only honorable thing to do and also the most constructive.

triesa

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

Will FPMT survive? I do hope so! There is a young and charismatic leader ready to take over. As Thaimonk says, it is time to apologize and repair... That is the only honorable thing to do and also the most constructive.

True preservation of the linegae endures a lot of ego shedding right now for FPMT..........so what will happen when Lama Zopa pass away? FPMT will have a big vaccum in the spiritual leader role....so before it gets too out of  hand, it is better to rectify what had been done wrongly.........

Yes, apologise and make request to repair the broken samaya with Lama Osel, Politics has seasons......it comes and goes, but not one's root guru. So FPMT, it is ok to make mistakes....but rectify it as soon as possible. even Dalai Lama, with no disrespect, will one day pass on, so who to take picture with???

pgdharma

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 02:05:34 PM »
I do believe that Lama Zopa has never given up this practice.  How can he when he himself was recognized as a reincarnation of Lawudo Lama by Dorje Shugden himself. If Lama Zopa truly gave up his Dorje Shugden practices then he would have to give up all the practices that Lama Yeshe gave him also.

I am not surprised for the urgent need to do Dorje Shugden pujas for Lama Zopa. Dorje Shugden is swift and powerful in clearing away obstacles and both of them has a close link with each other. However, it is sad to see that Lama Zopa has to manifest ill health to help his students realized something..…it is like a wakeup call for them to get their acts together. I hope FPMT regrets what they have done and apologizes to Dorje Shugden and ask for forgiveness before everything falls apart if Lama Zopa passes away.

Big Uncle

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »
Oooohhh!!! This is indeed delicious news. I am glad that someone in Lama Zopa's camp is open to Dorje Shugden. There must be a faction within the FPMT that is open to pujas being done for Lama Zopa to be healed. That means there is hope that something could be done for FPMT to apologize to Dorje Shugden. I am not sure of how influential this little group is but the very fact that Dorje Shugden pujas are being done means they are open and aware of how powerful and beneficial Dorje Shugden is.

Someone has got to remind them of Lama Yeshe's and Lama Zopa's main Protector was Dorje Shugden before the ban. Renouncing one's lineage practice like that would be devastating karmically and samaya-wise. They are already experiencing the initial effects and hopefully they will pay heed to make amends before it is too late.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
When it comes down to it, Lama Zopa's monks still turn to Dorje Shugden. Firstly, this says to me that the Kopan Monastery monks never really did believe that Dorje Shugden was an evil spirit and I would not be one bit surprised to learn that many are still carrying on the practice on the quiet.

Which monk in the monastery would wish to do anything detrimental to Lama Zopa if they firmly believed that Dorje Shugden is a malignant spirit and that Lama Zopa is really anti--Shugden? It is interesting to note that a puja was done and Lama Zopa survived. This fact would be well known to all monks at Kopan by now.

Lama Zopa never outwardly and blatantly said anything negatively against the Protector. His message about the ban was confusing and full of contradiction and till this day he continues to show great love and reverence to Trijang Rinpoche whose name is almost always synonymous to the Dorje Shugden practice.

I am a little surprised that another monastery would refuse puja for a sick person let alone a High Lama.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
Oooohhh!!! This is indeed delicious news. I am glad that someone in Lama Zopa's camp is open to Dorje Shugden. There must be a faction within the FPMT that is open to pujas being done for Lama Zopa to be healed. That means there is hope that something could be done for FPMT to apologize to Dorje Shugden. I am not sure of how influential this little group is but the very fact that Dorje Shugden pujas are being done means they are open and aware of how powerful and beneficial Dorje Shugden is.

Someone has got to remind them of Lama Yeshe's and Lama Zopa's main Protector was Dorje Shugden before the ban. Renouncing one's lineage practice like that would be devastating karmically and samaya-wise. They are already experiencing the initial effects and hopefully they will pay heed to make amends before it is too late.

I don't believe Lama Zopa would abandon something that his Gurus have given him. HHDL did ask him to stop practicing openly but never commanded him to cut off his practice. That does not mean that the center has to stop practicing, or even having to be crusaders that assault and persecute Dorje Shugden practitioners. They could have just allowed their members to practice out of choice and not make nasty statements against those who do or forbid them.

FPMT centers are sadly famous for being political the world over. They always want to be authoritative and mainstream in the countries they set foot on. And they and their members have been very anti Dorje Shugden and they have been spreading the word to go against those who practice Dorje Shugden. In fact, they seem to have a knack for identifying cults (read: Dharma centers which does not fit into their criteria) and spreading negative information against them.

It is quite obvious that the whole anti Shugden crusade was started not by the will of Lama Zopa but by the will of certain students who are using the Dharma center as a platform to feed their insecurities or spread their own views. These students obviously have no regard for Lama Yeshe or Lama Zopa, they just care about being politically correct and aligned even if their Lama does not return or falls ill.

It is pretty sad to see Buddhists working not for the sake of the Dharma but merely to be politically correct at any cost, even if it hurts others deeply and even if it hurts their own Guru who has been kinder to them than the Dalai Lama. Win the Dalai Lama's affection in lieu of your own Guru's? how sad that is..its like abandoning your own parents who took care of your since you were young for a richer one that you just met on the roadside.

If they want their Guru to live long, they should really stop being political and just focus on their own Dharma practice rather than policing the whole country's Dharma practice.