Author Topic: Hot News Regarding Lama Zopa  (Read 27795 times)

Positive Change

Re: Hot News Regarding Lama Zopa
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 07:38:30 PM »
@wisdom being... lama osel's facebook fanpage is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Osel-Hita/303607519666701

I reckon there are quite a fair bit of behind the scenes scenerios like the "hot news" shared here. Sometimes one hears through the grapevine (our Dharma brothers/sisters or some centers) that a certain someone or a person has requested this or gone here or there... The ban may be in our faces but for some it certainly does not deter them to continue practising, perhaps it is merely less "obvious".

Whatever the case is, one can certainly do not need to criticize another to get the point across. We just need to continue "pushing" the facts and the clear points and not let the ban issue dilute the truth!

For those who do not already know, one surefire way is to download these letters and send them off to the relevant addresses:

LETTERS TO PRINT:
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10541

ADDRESSES:
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=10628

Tenzin K

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 01:32:13 AM »
I'm no surprise.
Instead feel happy for the faith that the monk of Kopan Monastery has for Lord Shugden.
Dorje Shugden never wrong and never disappoint his practitioners and people that have faith with him.

Lama Zopa’s guru Lama Yeshe is a great Lama and devoted Lord Shugden practitioner. He constantly mentioned may times that Dorje Shugden made his work grow as far a as it did during his life time.
Lama Zopa could be like one of those Lamas that never gave up but silently practice. Can tell from this incident of requesting for Lord Shugden puja.
Is he changing faith or his faith has never been change? Lama Zopa was enthroned by Lord Shugden himself  as a reincarnation or Tulku. I believe this is enough to tell.

I pray for Lama Zopa good health and long life.   

Rihanna

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 05:20:01 AM »
Finally someone has the merits to realise the mistake, swallowed his ego and did the right thing. Even in desperation. Hopefully there are many more like him. In order for our Lama to remain with us long, collective karma is needed as we need alot of merits to sustain someone so precious. May students at FPMT come to this realisation and act upon it fast and do what needs to be done before it is too late.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »
Finally someone has the merits to realise the mistake, swallowed his ego and did the right thing. Even in desperation. Hopefully there are many more like him. In order for our Lama to remain with us long, collective karma is needed as we need alot of merits to sustain someone so precious. May students at FPMT come to this realisation and act upon it fast and do what needs to be done before it is too late.

I have absolutely no doubts that Lama Zopa, his ladrang and his assistants are doing Dorje Shugden in private, away from the students' noses. But the people running the center and the main committee does not agree for it to be practiced because it goes against the Dalai Lama's instructions and they want to be on the "right" side of the political game even though everyone knows Dharma is not supposed to be political.

The situation must have become very urgent and desperate for Kopan to make such a move. However, what is interesting is that Kopan themselves have renounced Dorje Shugden when they were given the choice to practice it secretly. People can always hide, be wishy washy, be political but Dharma transcends all of those and at the end of the day they have to follow the divination results.

At the end of the day, it is up to the practitioners to whether or not they want to follow Dharma or go against Dharma and follow the conventions of samsara. The Lama can control his actions and act in certain ways that may appear to bring certain conclusions, but the students should be smart and look beyond the surface to look at the Lama's actual intentions, accept, and act accordingly. This is what Guru devotion is.

To see the Lama's surface actions as a green light to execute our own delusional aspirations is very wrong and very decremental to everyone in the long run. That is what CTA is doing, and look at where it got them? Nowhere.  The sad part is, that is what FPMT is doing as well, and other than being politically correct and Lama Zopa, sorry to say that they don't have much things that they are famous for these days. And they can change that.

icy

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 08:51:17 AM »
When Kopan monks came along to Phelgye Ling Monastery to request for pujas, it goes to show that they have much devotion to Lama Zopa and it takes whatever for them to do to ensure Lama Zopa recovers.  I am certain Lama Zopa has not given up DS practice if he still openly seen doing a puja at Trijang Rinpoche's stupa,  he surely does it privately.  Same goes to senior monks in Kopan.  They were advised not to do publicize their DS practice although they still can do it in private.

In this critical moment of Lama Zopa's health,  FPMT can mend their samaya and continue DS practice.  They do not need to publicise their practice but they can do it privately.  It will augers well for the whole organisation and recovery of Lama Zopa's health.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »
I am not surprised if Lama Zopa never gave up DS practice perhaps he's practicing silently. Happy that the monks from Kopan Monastery swallowed their pride and asked for Dorje Shugden's help.

Whatever it is, the decision for Kopan monks requesting for a DS puja really giving us a clear indication that is a lot more DS practitioner out there who are still have faith in Lord Dorje Shugden like Lama Zopa. And i think the ban will be lifted sooner than we're all expected it to be.

May Lama Zopa be healthy and long life in order to benefit.

lotus1

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »
This is very interesting news… I have always been wondering if Lama Zopa is practising DS secretly. Such a high and respectful lama like him will go against his Guru to against the practise of DS is not logical at all . Maybe there is reason behind. Now with the request to do DS Puja for the long life of Lama Zopa, this is again showing there should be something that we may not know yet. May Lama Zopa has good health and long life to turn the wheel of Dharma. In addition, I do hope the followers of Lama Zopa will start thinking about this and stop against DS.
On the other hand, it is again showing that Lord Shugden is so powerful and compassionate. He will just help anyone who have faith in him and protect the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa. 

brian

• Email
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 03:48:11 PM »
well, i look at the situation this way. i thought Dorje Shugden practice must be very powerful (it shows here) and it is as good as some of the healing Buddhas. Or if may i put it this way, Lama Zopa have very strong affinity with Dorje Shugden and that is why the divination result. wild guessing anyways.

guess it is very awkward and bad feeling for the monks of Lama Zopa who previously ignored Pheygeling and now have to submit request for a puja to be done for Lama Zopa. But they had no choice and i was wondering what will be the student monks of Lama Zopa thinking about Dorje Shugden now. perhaps a different perception after this and start to realise something good about Dorje Shugden.

I hope Lama Zopa to recover very soon and remain in good health always.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:45 AM »
Lama Zopa doesn't need a spirit called Shugden to heal him. He gave up Shugden decades ago, why is he sick now suddenly. It has nothing to do with Shugden.
 :)
With the blessings of HHDL, Lama Zopa should be fine.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
Lama Zopa doesn't need a spirit called Shugden to heal him. He gave up Shugden decades ago, why is he sick now suddenly. It has nothing to do with Shugden.

The fact that the monks ran to Phelgye Ling Monastery to seek pujas to be performed for Lama Zopa's health is good enough to say that DS is able to help him. And Lama Zopa giving up his practice decades ago may be only a front to show othere. He may still be practicing DS in private, just like Samdhong Rinpoche who came out to talk after his term as Kalon Tripa.

Whether it has anything to do with Shugden or not, we do not know. But we sure know that Shugden pujas will definitely help Lama Zopa.

Did we see that HHDL giving any blessings to Lama Zopa? Nope.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
At the end of the day, there's no running away to the fact that Dorje Shugden is the protector of our time! So many times we have heard great masters practicing Dorje Shugden secretly. Let's just hope one day soon these great masters will be able to practice this great master openly.

Do your part to spread this practice. I cannot endure seeing all these great lamas and monks suffering anymore...I am sure you feel the same!

Being a coward will only leave you behind when the ban is lifted! Join the force! Free Dorje Shugden!

Barzin

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »
I would like to believe that Lama Zopa has not given up his Shugden practice.  If he had, he wouldn't be so ill due to the broken samaya of the disciples and the video of him making prayers at HH Trijang Rinpoche's stupa wouldn't have surface.  Many of the lamas who "suffered" in the ban because it is not the time to come out yet, imagine if there is no one "pretend" to against it then it would just left His Holiness alone to run the show, then it wouldn't be too smart of a way to spread dharma, would it?  He would sectioned himself out of the whole Buddhism because of a practice and imagine ALL the lamas are turning against His Holiness?  So some Lamas have to support His Holiness and some have to be against, hence the controversial.  Let people figure out the rest.

When the Kopan monk went to seek to do puja for Lama Zopa at Phelgyel Ling Monastery is a clear indication that "the insider" knows where to go.  That is why it is still Dorje Shugden's name mentioned and being sought after for,  what does that tell us?  And it also shows the power of the puja, the devotion and the bravery to risk for the guru's life.  If guru devotion is well known for in Tibetan Buddhism and it is the fundamental practice for all monks and practitioners then who would dare to abandon a practice given by their own guru?

beggar

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »

High Lamas like Lama Zopa can very well heal themselves. It is not that Lama Zopa himself specifically needs the puja, but his students need to reestablish this connection with a very strong and important part of their lineage and practice. This will help them create the necessary merits to maintain their connection with Lama Zopa and still be able to practice with him and receive his teachings.

Lama Yeshe, the founder of FPMT, and Lama Zopa's own Guru was very much a devoted DS practitioner. Lama Zopa may have chosen, on behalf of his organisation, not to maintain the practice publicly. Whether he practices privately himself or not, we can't know, but he has never spoken badly against the practice or put anyone down for it (as far as I know - from his writings and talks, he remains always respectful). However, there have been many instances of FPMT students creating trouble for DS practitioners and speaking negatively against the practice, thus directly creating very negative karma in relations to their lineage practices and therefore, their samaya. For his students to now arrange for a DS puja, have it done and find the sponsorship for it is more for them, to purify and mend their samaya, than for Lama Zopa himself.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »

Then why would Kopan request pujas from one of the most pro DS monasteries out there? Obviously it is a DS puja. What else can it be? Why is it on behalf of Lama Zopa? If he does not need it then obviously there won't be such a request going around, can it? The fact that such a request popped out means that Lama Zopa is still practicing DS, but secretly and not openly.

The other question is, how do you know if he did give it up or not? Were you at his ladrang? are you his close assistant? If not how do you know? Again, Lama Zopa has shown many subtle and tongue in cheek signs that he is still practicing DS. He visited the previous Trijang Rinpoche's stupa and also consulted Denma Locho Rinpoche…all of these point to the fact that he still has faith in Dorje Shugden.

There have been many rumors going around that Lama Zopa is no longer doing DS and has "kicked" out students who refuse to give up that practice -- if that was true FPMT wouldn't have grown to this size and there would have been a lot of members who have left FPMT by then. Perhaps the rumors were created by students who want the center to look politically correct no matter what the cost.

So in the end, the Lama will always be more powerful than the students, if it is the opposite then why even get a Lama in the first place? Since when is it that the students have a say on what their lama can or cannot practice? Lama Zopa is a very powerful lama, and it was Dorje Shugden, not Nechung who confirmed his tulkuship. And if Lama Zopa is such a great being and he betrays the Dharma protector that recognized him, then what happens next would be unthinkable...