Author Topic: Surprising speech by Samdhong Rinpoche  (Read 39688 times)

beggar

Re: Surprising speech by Samdhong Rinpoche
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 03:25:32 PM »

a) I cannot get myself to think for one moment that His Holiness the Dalai Lama would do anything contradicting his guru -Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, nor anything damaging to the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa, or even (hear me) to the spread of Dorje Shugden's practice.

b) Thus, in logic, I wonder if the ban was not an instruction from Trijang Rinpoche to His Holiness. I just wonder...

c) This would be logical with the instruction Trijang Rinpoche also gave to Samdhong Rinpoche.

d) It would also give light in the warning that Trijang Rinpoche gave to practitioners to be careful of not speaking ill or think ill of the actions of The Dalai Lama.

Maybe I am thinking too much, maybe I could be wrong...
But if the above is correct, I imagine (again) if The Dalai Lama was to speak in a similar way as Samdhong Rinpoche did, and let the world know that the ban on Dorje Shugden was actually instructed by Trijang Rinpoche himself. This would perhaps convince the few that remains skeptical about "the grand scheme" of things. Ohoooo!

Incredible! I had never thought of this but it doesn't seem to be an impossible idea. The Dalai Lama's tutors had a great influence in his life, literally. They even risked life together to cross Tibet. It may very well be his lama's instruction - what shockwaves that would send through the world.

It is certainly not out of line with the current train of thought and events, just as you mentioned.It syncs very well with the prophecies that Trijang Rinpoche himself spoke about seeming conflict in the future. I had always thought of this as clairvoyance, when in fact - just as you propose - the "conflict" would have been planted by Trijang Rinpoche himself.

We shall never know, I suppose. But I do wonder what the previous Trijang Rinpoche would have thought of the current situation. Would he have approved? Even with all the abuse that DS practitioners are having to suffer?   

happysun

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
Samdhong Rinpoche's speech!!!! It is very powerful when someone put action in their word!!! I don't know who is Samdhong Rinpoche honestly,  however after I read through what he has done, I shut my mouth immediately. Samdhong Rinpoche's guru devotion is amazing nowsday. It is very weird and precious. Because not easy to find someone so devote to his Guru, even his Guru had pass away quite a long time.

To Samdhong Rinpoche what he was done will be guide us become a very very good example be a fully devoted student.   His guru devotion is real and pure.

If you are not yet watch the video, must watch!!! 

kris

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
I can't remember if I read somewhere, or someone has told me, that, before the whole Dorje Shugden issue, Trijang Rinpoche and HH Dalai Lama are working together to promote Buddhism, and that the things they say may seem to be conflicting each other. Then come the Dorje Shugden issue.

And now Samdhong Rinpoche said something which is inline with the above, and it is indeed very interesting and added new spin to the whole issue.

I'm really looking forward to what is going to happend next :)

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »
I wonder how many more lamas out there who are like Samdhong Rinpoche who is now serving HH but solely due to their Guru Devotion?

Aurore

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »
I can't remember if I read somewhere, or someone has told me, that, before the whole Dorje Shugden issue, Trijang Rinpoche and HH Dalai Lama are working together to promote Buddhism, and that the things they say may seem to be conflicting each other. Then come the Dorje Shugden issue.

And now Samdhong Rinpoche said something which is inline with the above, and it is indeed very interesting and added new spin to the whole issue.

I'm really looking forward to what is going to happend next :)

I think it's Dorje Shugden (Manjushri) and Dalai Lama (Chenrezig) who is working together to preserve Lama Tsongkhapa's doctrine.
I wasn't entirely surprised to find out Samdhong Rinpoche is Dorje Shugden just as HHDL's brother is also Dorje Shugden. Amazing how the enlightened minds work. Undeniably Samdhong Rinpoche showed tremendous guru devotion since his main aim of doing what he did was purely following his root guru's instructions. You can't find this kind of guru devotion these days anymore. Hardly!

thaimonk

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 07:52:59 AM »
Has anyone heard the surprising and good news that after retiring from office Ven Samdhong Rinpoche has re-started his Shugden practice. Before taking office he practiced Shugden for over 40 years. He did all the work for the former Tibetan Govt in Exile only on the basis of following Trijang Rinpoche's instructions. Trijang Rinpoche is his root teacher. He didn't work for the Dalai Lama and former Tibetan Govt for them but to follow his teacher's instructions to serve them.

In order for Samdhong Rinpoche's work with Dalai Lama to be possible for the last ten years as Kalong Tripa, he had to 'abandon' his Shugden practice. But now that he has retired, he has started again.

Many lamas both senior and younger are practicing Dorje Shugden secretly and always have been. How can anyone abandon the practice they recieved from HH Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and root gurus? Real practitioners cannot abandon their practices under any political pressures or abandon their teachers. They just go underground. The trend is so that you just do your practice quietly for now. HH Dalai Lama has a few years left sorry to say, after his passing, the practice will re-emerge stronger and bigger with the advent of internet. Even young spiritual leaders like both Karmapas (the one born in Tibet and the other from Delhi) make no mention of Shugden ever. Even the previous Karmapa never mentioned anything against Shugden. It is the sign of the times. You practice quietly for now due to political pressures and when the time comes, you openly practice. This time will come for sure.

A friend of mind text me this message that Samdhong Rinpoche has taken up his Shugden practice again after reading it on phayul.com's forum.

I guess he is following in the footsteps of Gaden Trisur Lungrik Namgayl who after retiring as Gaden Tripa joined Shar Gaden. Until now HH Dalai Lama has not mentioned or commented on Gaden Trisur for this act. HH Dalai Lama has been quiet. Gaden Trisur is one of the highest ranking lamas of the Gelug School and strong practitioner of Shugden. Gaden Trisur is such a powerful example of learning, practice and guru devotion.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:03:50 AM by Mana »

Heartspoon

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »
It's so sad

A few years ago, a greatly renowned physician took residence in my village.
On one hand, he was so immeasurably better than the ones who already practiced here.
On the other hand, he had very powerful political protectors.

For the benefit of all of us, the greatly renowned physician and his very powerful protectors
 took steps to either chase away the other physicians or otherwise to ruin altogether their reputation.

Some of us, the villagers, being so ignorant, and solely for our benefit, they had no choice but to resort to all kinds of punishments to force upon us their powerful medicine.

It was really a hard time for most of us: you see, we never thought that segregating members of the community, depriving us of any kind of medicine or of any kind of food, separating the members of a same family, or even worse splitting the sangha was such a bright idea.

They told us not to worry: you can't understand now, you will understand as soon as you will be cured of your illnesses.
Well, after some years, for those of us who were able to stay alive, our health was really in bad shape.

And now an extraordinary event took place:

The greatly renowned physician who took residence in my village made the following public statement:

During all of those years that we had no choice but to take his medicine, he himself abstained of taking it...You see, he wished to keep a pure samaya whith the physician who empowered his own practice... and taking himself this medicine would have been very bad for his health.

So, first he himself stayed healthy, and above all he rejoices to have set such an admirable precedent for us to follow. Because, as he said himself, he kept such a pure practice that we should try our bestt to follow in his footsteps.

Sadly, he didn't give us any hint as to which medicine would now allow us to cure our fellow villagers, nor did he give us any hint as to how cure the dead ones, the split sangha or the husbands and wives who were separated.

Strangely, I didn't hear that the physician who empowered him was rejoicing at the thought of such extraordinary achievements, I must be deaf...

thaimonk

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 12:55:23 PM »
It is very exciting to think of Samdhong Rinpoche taking up his Shugden practice again. Anything is possible. HH Dalai Lama allows the current incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche to continue his practice of Dorje Shugden. So if Trijang Rinpoche is allowed, why not others more and more as time goes on.

dsiluvu

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 03:34:26 PM »
Wonder which High Lama will come out next to shock the Tibetan Govt... now where's the excuse for this?

And if Samdhong Rinpoche is going to continue his practice of DS, isn't it just logical so will his entourage and students?

Mana

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 03:47:26 PM »
Wonder which High Lama will come out next to shock the Tibetan Govt... now where's the excuse for this?

And if Samdhong Rinpoche is going to continue his practice of DS, isn't it just logical so will his entourage and students?

It's not that hard to believe Samdhong Rinpoche could be practicing Shugden. It's pervasive knowledge announced by Gangchen Rinpoche that Samdhong Rinpoche is a emanation of Dorje Shugden. This is a well recognized fact in Tibet prior to 1959.

Mana