Author Topic: Lama Osel makes surprise visit to Lama Zopa  (Read 28880 times)

thaimonk

Lama Osel makes surprise visit to Lama Zopa
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
(From recent posts, it seems Lama Zopa will take much more time to heal than forseen. Many more months of physio therapy to go. And looks like Lama Zopa does not wish to heal himself so soon. Perhaps it is to get send 'sympathy' signals to Lama Osel? What I mean is to let Lama Osel see there is no one to take over FPMT should anything happen to Lama Zopa, so Lama Osel should come back to FPMT's fold perhaps. Just a thought.
-from my previous post on May 12, 2011 on this thread: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1163.msg14866  -Thaimonk)

I posted the above on May 12, 2011 and it is confirmed now in my mind that Lama Zopa is purposely manifesting illness and long recovery for many reasons of which one is to 'woo' Lama Yeshe's incarnation Lama Osel back. Guess what? Lama Osel (26)  and his musician friend Gomo Tulku (23 standing-pictured below)  flew to Australia to meet Lama Zopa (65) recently..

If Lama Zopa 'remains sick', it might have powerful causes to bring Lama Osel back to FPMT's fold. Remember Lama Osel wanted nothing to do with FMPT since he disrobed and moved back to Spain from Sera Jey Monastery.

Since Lama Zopa's illness, Lama Osel is now making an effort to meet Lama Zopa.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:36:07 PM by Mana »

Helena

• Email
Re: Lama Osel makes surprise visit to Lama Zopa
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »
Wow...thanks for the picture and this post, Thai Monk!

Whether it is true or not that Lama Zopa is manifesting illness and the un-willingness to recover or heal himself as you pointed out, the fact remains that it has brought Lama Osel to him, even if it is for a visit, for now. Something has to give, or start.

I must say when you first posted that comment (and suggested that Lama Zopa could be just 'staying' ill in order to display how there is no leadership in FPMT after Lama Zopa's passing if Lama Osel does not return), it really got me thinking. High lamas would indeed subject themselves to many things just to deliver a real teaching to his students, or even to make a point seen and heard.

The picture of the two great Lamas together again really brought tears to my eyes.

I don't know if Lama Osel will really return, but I am really glad that the student has returned to visit the Guru or vice versa.

Thank you again for sharing this. It is most heart warming to see.

And I sincerely pray that FPMT will know how to reciprocate from here on to enable Lama Osel to stay. Here is their golden chance to turn things around. We may not always be so lucky to have second chances and opportunities to turn things around. Let's hope FPMT will know how to do the right thing, the most beneficial thing to create the causes for their Lama Osel to return and remain.

Otherwise, it would be a great shame because FPMT has many centers and has done a good job in spreading the Dharma up till now. It would be a great loss for Dharma if they do not continue 'turning the wheel of Dharma' in their own way.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here. Just sharing my own two cents' worth.
Helena

Positive Change

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:38:25 AM »
This is a really heartwarming picture. One could almost see/feel the 'conversation' they are having with their eyes. Truly remarkable that if indeed one of the reasons Lama Zopa manifested his illness to 'woo' Lama Osel back because it seems to be 'working'. It amazes me the intricate (or so it seems to my humble understanding) web of methods stemming from care and a higher purpose which highly attained beings use to weave their plan of action to benefit others.

From the picture, I did not know of Gomo Tulku so out of curiousity I went on the internet to look for more information about this young tulku and this is an interesting extract I found:

The young tulku says his 23 reincarnations as a high lama do not include what may be many more reincarnations - infinite reincarnations, he says - as other humans and other beings.

To be a tulku, he says, is to think not just of this life but the next. "Every next life you try to get higher, higher, higher. It's hard to get enlightened in one life."

What more mere specs like myself... This I found interesting because on one hand we have such attained beings 'playing' these seemingly natural/samsaric 'games' if you like to kick us into realisations... Hence, I do agree that Lama Zopa has indeed, without a doubt, a much larger agenda/purpose apart from being just a seemingly sick monk.

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
Thaimonk was right, no reason why a high lama like Lama Zopa can become so sick unless there is a bigger purpose, things are getting clearer now...

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:08:43 AM »
I was so touched to see the photo of Lama Zopa and Lama Osel! Thank you so much for sharing that. This forum is soooo amazing.. i tried to google for more info about this historic meeting and the first (and only) item found was from this forum!

It's so lovely to see these two Lamas together again - and I am sure they will be together somehow even though physically apart - after all, they have attainments that we don't have. I do hope Lama Osel will return to Dharma again and whatever plan they have together - it will come to pass. After all, Lama Osel as Lama Yeshe's incarnation, is the heir apparent to FPMT. What happens to FPMT when Lama Zopa enters clear light? Though that I hope is a long time coming, it IS inevitable. And i wonder - is Lama Osel a Shugden practitioner? Was that why he distanced himself from FPMT when the anti-Shugden mandate went out?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
Thaimonk, you are right....the manifestation of sickness and the deliberately slow recovery from Lama Zopa has indeed "woo" Lama Osel back. Whether Lama Osel would stay long or come back to FPMT or not really depends on his students there. Lama Zopa has created such a golden opportunity for FPMT and do they need more hints to do the right thing next?

When great minds meet and when Lama Zopa and Lama Oser see eye to eye, it is almost like "there is no need more to say, silence is golden....."

dsiluvu

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 05:20:50 PM »
OMB!!! This is so super SUPER Surprise and amazingly WONDERFUL to see this picture!!! Thank you Thai Monk!

This picture says so much and what you say is definitely possible. It also makes me realise how wise and kind Lama Zopa is to use his body for the benefit of preserving the Dharma, FPMT, his students and the future. This is a remarkable picture that speaks a thousand words! I hope that whatever the cause that created FPMT to loose Lama Yeshe will be quickly quickly realised by the students and that they will make amends fast. That would really speed things up and Lama Zopa recover and well, a big chance of Lama Osel returning to FPMT!!!

Whatever it is said about high Lamas is so so true. I truly hope if there are students from FPMT here in this forum, they would see this, rejoice and quickly find ways to amend any broken samayas.

Lama Osel is young, smart and can really benefit so many on a very big scale. He will be the next generation of highly attained Lamas, that can guide us to Enlightenment, it would be so stupid of us if we miss this chance of having him teach again.

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
This is great to see. High Lamas together again. I'm not going to get my hopes upon seeing this. But in a world of politcs and broken samaya these two can come together again away from FMPT and all its problems.

Hope there are many more pictures of the surprise visit or a video. Lama Osel, when i first heard of that name so long ago I wondered if things just follow a natural progression, where one Lama enters clearlight, the other takes over. Its the stuff of movies. May the force be with you.

Great teaching to us all. I know many people will be happy to see this photograph.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:43:56 PM »
It's such heart warming news to hear about Lama Osel's surprise visit to Lama Zopa who is unwell at this moment.  The sickness manifested by Lama Zopa could be his skilful means to bring back the successor of FPMT with the hopes that he will lead FPMT when Lama Zopa himself has passed into clear light one day among other reasons. 

Perhaps, this is the only way to bring Lama Osel back as he has already disrobed and does not want to have anything to do with FPMT. 

heartjewel

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »
Thank you Thai monk for posting the picure of Lama Osel visiting Lama Zopa. If I remember I hads recently posted that Lama Osel will go back to visit and see Lama Zopa. The consciousness of Lama Yeshe will still remain in his reincarnation of Lama Osel. Thai monk is right in saying that Lama Zopa has manifested his illness to show Lama Osel that he should visit Lama Zopa as an indication of his Guru devotion. Its just a thought. Lama Osel may want to change his  mind stay put with Lama Zopa to help him as Lama Zopa is still sick. Lama Osel may want to find peace and quietness again after his experience in the Samsara life. Nothing can be permanent. Minds can change. I wish this change will  be a reality for the sake of FPMT to survive to still carry on the Lineage of Lama Tsongkapa and continue to spread the Dharma teachings.     

WisdomBeing

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 05:30:26 PM »
This is a photo of Lama Zopa on May 29th. It was Lama Zopa's first time out publically, introducing Khadro la, Osel and Gomo Rinpoche to the Great Stupa of Universal Compassion, Bendigo, Australia. The photo is a bit small but it's as posted on http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/zopa/rinpoches-health-updates-and-practices.html.

I wish there were more photos - if anyone finds anymore, do share them!

DSFriend

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
I was so touched to see the photo of Lama Zopa and Lama Osel! Thank you so much for sharing that. This forum is soooo amazing.. i tried to google for more info about this historic meeting and the first (and only) item found was from this forum!

It's so lovely to see these two Lamas together again - and I am sure they will be together somehow even though physically apart - after all, they have attainments that we don't have. I do hope Lama Osel will return to Dharma again and whatever plan they have together - it will come to pass. After all, Lama Osel as Lama Yeshe's incarnation, is the heir apparent to FPMT. What happens to FPMT when Lama Zopa enters clear light? Though that I hope is a long time coming, it IS inevitable. And i wonder - is Lama Osel a Shugden practitioner? Was that why he distanced himself from FPMT when the anti-Shugden mandate went out?

Looking at this picture posted by thaimonk makes my heart fill with much hope for the students of FPMT and at the same time, the feeling of joy to see the devotion and respect lama osel and lama zopa have towards each other.

I do not doubt at all that these beings are extraordinary with attainments and reason to incarnate is purely to benefit us. I pray that students with karmic affinity with Lama Osel and Lama Zopa will create all the necessary causes to be close to, study and serve these great beings.

dsiluvu

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 04:54:12 AM »
Here is another beautiful picture I found of Lama Zopa with Osel...

This is a clear nice close up one of the two great masters :)

vajrastorm

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 05:52:05 AM »
Thank you, Thaimonk , for sharing news and picture of this most highly significant  occasion  with us – Lama Osel, reincarnation of Lama  Yeshe(the founder of FPMT) visiting Lama Zopa (Lama Yeshe’s successor as head and Spiritual Guide to FPMT), who recently suffered a severe stroke and is recovering in Australia.

Whatever the outcome of this visit will be, I think a strong message is being sent to FPMT members that they must not just sit back now and wait for Lama Zopa to recover. Whether Lama Osel will return to FPMT and take over the reins when Lama Zopa has to relinquish it, members of FPMT must create the cause for this to happen.

At the heart of all this, is the strong commitment of all practitioners of the Gelugpa lineage to ensure the preservation and spread  of Lama Tsongkapa’s precious teachings - which are so vital for this degenerate age - through their Lamas and their centers.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »
thanks dsiiluvu! Here are two more pics to share....