Author Topic: Technical Problems  (Read 32613 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
Technical Problems
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »
Over the last week or so, we have received messages from some forum users regarding difficulties they face in posting messages. The issue concerns the way the text box 'jumps' whenever it is full.

It seems like the problem was confined to Internet Explorer users. A fix has already been applied to this issue, and appears to be working fine.

We wish to make this forum the best place online for people to discuss matters relating to our Protector, and this means continuously improving the forum and website to serve your needs best. Therefore, we would like to request for everyone's kind assistance in observing for further technical issues that may arise.

Should you experience the problem noted above (or any other technical issues), please contact technical support by leaving a message here. We will also be happy to answer any technical questions you have relating to the use of forum, and consider any suggestions for improvements to the website.

Thank you in advance for helping us to improve DorjeShugden.com.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:42:08 AM by Admin »

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Technical Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:27:36 AM »
Thank you for your efforts to keep improving this website. I've noticed many changes ever since I joined this website and I just wanted to say that your hard work is appreciated. The recent make over of the guest book was very cool too!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Helena

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »
I am so glad that IE bug is resolved. It was driving me nuts! Haha

Thank you so much for always working to improve this website. Yes, I do believe that it takes a team of committed and dedicated individuals who care to share and give so much more to all around them.

I have benefited a great deal from this website and Forum. Thank you so much.
Helena

WisdomBeing

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:50:27 PM »
This is not a technical problem but a suggestion for this section. Could you please post the Mission Statement up here so that forum visitors will be able to read it in order to abide by it. It's just a bit far for people to reach from the forum.

I was going to post it but found that I couldn't for this section. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks!

thor

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »
I had the problem a couple of times many moons ago but realized it was only happening in Internet Explorer, so I switched to Firefox and more recently Chrome. In general many of these little problems can be solved by switching browser - I highly recommend it.

Having said that, its nice to see that the web admins are on the ball. Many webmasters would just tell their viewers that "This website is best viewed in Firefox" or "This website does not display correctly in Internet Explorer". Whereas here they took some time out to fix the problem so that more people can participate in this forum hassle-free. Thanks guys.

Heartspoon

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
Dear friends,

I have a little technical problem actually: since one or two hours I don't have anymore the very useful
options that allow to "modify" or "delete" the content of my messages.

If you happen to know any way to remedy to this problem, I would be very grateful

Thank you

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »
I too am not able to correct or modify my posts in any way. This makes me a bit less likely to post when I only have a short time, as I sometimes make mistakes do not want the mistakes to be a fixture of this forum.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:01:59 AM by Losang_Tenpa »

daibutsu

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »
Being able to see member's posts...
I notice that if we click on a member's profile, we are unable to see their posts or profile info.
It makes it hard to read the messages on this site if we don't have access to them.
Just trying to see how to bypass this.
Thanks

Tenzin Jinpa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 04:49:40 AM »
Is there a friend's list feature to this site?
Also, is there a way to view profiles of people to see posts by members, etc?
Thanks
T.J.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »
i've never seen a friends list feature on here... nor the profile thingy.... never even thought about these things LOL, usually I just look at the topics which interest me and follow the threads.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 02:59:02 PM »
Perfect!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:50:00 AM by Losang_Tenpa »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »
Now it seems that I am only allowed to modify/edit certain posts....not sure why. Last week I was finally able to use the 'modify' option again, but now that option is only available in this thread.

Very frustrating....................  :(

I just don't get it. What am I doing wrong? Are others having the same problem?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:55:34 PM by Losang_Tenpa »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »
Now it seems that I am only allowed to modify/edit certain posts....not sure why. Last week I was finally able to use the 'modify' option again, but now that option is only available in this thread.

Very frustrating....................  :(

I just don't get it. What am I doing wrong? Are others having the same problem?

Seems this part of the forum is rarely checked.....I have never had any question answered by a moderator in this part of the forum so not sure how to resolve this issue.

Still unable to alter/modify my posts....although I see others making adjustments....

I would be more apt to post post more frequently if I was given the option to edit....
I am sure newcomers would be more open to joining in as well if they were given the chance to edit posts.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 02:19:44 PM »
2 months and still no answer.....

not sure this is a very effective way to 'moderate' a forum.

Also not sure why this question in particular is being ignored.

Please, don't get defensive, I am only seeking a simple answer. thank you ahead of time.  :)

nagaseeker

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 09:42:55 AM »
Dear Losang_Tenpa,
i'm sure the moderators are busy and i don't think they ignore your question.
Whenever something wonky like this happens the first thing to do is log out of dorjeshugden.com, clear your browser cache and cookies and log-in again. Have you done that?

You could have a browser issue so try changing your browser settings, refreshing the page, or clearing the browser cache and cookies - instructions for specific browsers.
Note that when you make adjustments to your browser settings -- changing privacy settings, deleting cookies or increasing security -- you will need to close your window and restart the browser before those new settings become effective.
You could try upgrading your browser.
You could try using another browser.

wish above help u~
gd luck