Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Is Alive and Amongst Us Today!  (Read 203823 times)

Zhalmed Pawo

Re: Q
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2010, 10:11:33 PM »
...To say this one line reflects everything about the very person who is saying this. Do you think using this kind of language, talking in this way says very much about YOURSELF as a practitioner?

I’m so saddened and disheartened today. I respected Thomas Canada very much for his great passion, tenacity and for holding on strongly to his beliefs. But talking in this way to others is just not inspiring at all. It makes me sad to think that a DS practitioner can react in this way. I lose respect for him a little today by all these nasty posts.

When we come across situations or people we dislike, views we disagree with, then shouldn’t we be even more patient, more tolerant, more tenacious, find more skilful methods to put our point across? To simply blow up like this doesn’t say much at all about how far you have come in your practice.

Dear HD,

(and especially, dear Thomas DC, please do not mind if I talk a little beside here...)

So, HD, and whoever is reading, if you would just know the whole story, you would perhaps feel different. I mean, you said that you have been "in this thing" for a half a year, but if you would have been "here" for, let us say, for a decade or more, you might know the case of This Certain Man, who gave his life and his wealth, for the Lineage of Je Tsongkhapa, but who nevertheless got kicked out by the brother of the Dalai Lama from the very Centre he had donated simply because he maintained his Protector practice given to him by his Lama, and who has got constant ostracism and been targeted in very unethical, but ah, so wonderfully mysterious Tibetan ways, ever since, by those who follow the Ever Holy Dalai Lama, you might, perhaps, understand why somebody is sometimes in a bit non-peaceful state.

It is not respect, in a big or lessened way, that you should feel. But compassion. The Ban is not a joke, or a part of any "big picture", or just something floating in an universe of ideations. It is real, and it has it's victims, who are real persons. He is one.

The Ban is evil, the source of that Ban is likewise, and so are those who uphold it.

thaimonk

Re: Dorje Shugden Is Alive and Amongst Us Today!
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »
Whatever happened has happened. Get over it with pure dharma. Remembering over and over what someone did to you will not help you now, at death or your future lives. Having so much anger will only take you and not the object of your anger to the three lower realms. Daily anger, virulent words, derogatory remarks about the object that has wronged you doesn't help your peace of mind, practice nor does it inspire anyone else. Once or twice ok, but on and on month after month and year after year with not much else to add, is very damaging for the mind. LET IT GO.

Buddha taught compassion and forgiveness and not hanging on.

The ban is horrible. The ban is damaging and the ban exists so just do something more than just bash Dalai Lama. Create situations where we counter the ban not just with words on a forum.

Donate to the cause. Create awareness of Dorje Shugden. Give your life, commitments and energy towards dorje shugden's cause fully.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:42:57 AM by thaimonk »

Zhalmed Pawo

« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2010, 01:56:41 AM »
Hey Thaimonk,

I do agree with your sentiment, and vision, it is very dharmic... but but... Maybe you have never been really hurt by a Lama?!

But yes, why not, as you suggested? Thomas gave his life and wealth for Gelukpa Lamas already, some decades ago, but, oh dear, only to be kicked out, for having the bad luck of doing it for Shugdenpa Lamas (towards whom he had already pledged his life and all) by Dalai Lama and his henchmen.

Which begs the question: Why should anyone donate anything, time or money, to anyone, especially Lamas, as they turn around and kick you out, as soon as the dalai'ite wind changes it's course. Really? When Thomas gave everything, the Dalai was not opposed to Shugden, but alas, later everything changed, and now Thomas was the bad guy. The wind-flapper, or should I say random-flapper, from Dharamsala, truly works in mysterious ways, if he works at that department at all...

PS: You need not to worry about the three lower realms, for there was this one time when the DL himself said that he shall take the karmic consequences of this Shugden-brouhaha.

PPS: ...which of course is against the Buddhist teachings of karma, and therefore He is either a liar or an ignoramus, meaning that He is nothing special, in a Buddhist sense. Just a man with a big title.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:16 AM »
Dear ZP ( and anyone reading),

As your post addressed both HD and everyone reading, I have taken the liberty to reply.

Firstly, THANK YOU - for taking the time to explain and offer to shed some light. Truly appreciate it. Especially on the other threads about Lucy and GKG. Your information has been helpful in assisting others to understand more. At the same time, you maintained that you could be wrong. So, that is very useful to anyone new reading in order for them not to take your words as FACTS. More than anything else, it encourages the readers to think for themselves. So, I truly appreciate that.

I think it is clear to see how the threads have moved and how the tone of discussion has also changed in these threads. we only need to read the previous posts to see how it all came about. In any case, as you would recall, I did express how much anger has been eating inside TC and that he is not in a peaceful state at all.

Hence, in this respect, I would like to point out that his anger pains him the most and bothers him the most because the mere mention of HHDL in a positive way or anyone who seemingly does not hold the same feelings as him towards HHDL would be deemed as un-informed, or insincere practitioners, or traitors, or fakes and even digital avatars or what not. Again, this is what comes across to me as a reader. I dare say that I am not the only one which is why I think there were so many posts pleading for some calmness and civility from all.

As you seem to have more detailed information about TC, I assume you must be friends or have known him much longer than me, for sure. For you to speak up in defence of your friend is a good thing, and you have done so without those angry/ugly words. So, that does help a great deal.

Now, I may not have been betrayed or lied to by a Lama, but that does not mean that I or anyone else have experience betrayal and lies from others. If I could, I would say that it matters not the title or person doing the betrayal, but the fact that you have been victimized and hurt. In some instances, it could be a lot worse than a lama - it could be your own best friend, sibling, spouse, etc.

Here, I am not trying to justify who is hurt more or less. What I am trying to say is that we have all been hurt before. But the way we deal with our hurt, injuries, pain and suffering is what separates us from the state of "hanging on" to "moving on".

For most, I would think that it is precisely why we study the Dharma in the first place. It is more than just an academic or scholarly pursuit - it is to heal ourselves. Once we heal ourselves, we can go on to heal others.

So, I would say that the Dharma teaches us to deal with all our pain and suffering. It is precisely why we committed ourselves to the Three Jewels. And I believe (though I could be wrong) that this is what Thai Monk as trying to say although his language may not come across as 'compassionately' as you might like or what TC might like.

In any case, some of TC's own language may not be at all what other readers might like as well. And mine included. It is much harder to convey concern and care in here when we can't see the faces of the people we are communicating with. Sometimes an innocent little tease might be misunderstood completely. So, yes, it takes a lot more skill to communicate in here.

Personally, I was more concerned with the fact that TC had so much anger in him and that anger may blind him against others who do not share his views and feelings about certain subjects.

I was more concerned about how he is really feeling actually. Because after we log off here, we can go to sleep and we go on with our daily lives, but I would not know if TC is still brewing.

We study the Dharma to end suffering and not to cause more suffering, nor do we want to see more suffering. I think that is very clear to all of us here. Sadly, some of us have suffered more than others in our desire to hold onto our DS practice. Yes, that is very very sad indeed. But I do not for a minute think that anyone does not care about it or thinks it is a joke. Otherwise, we would not be here.

How would you know that anyone else have not suffered at all or are not contributing in any way or form, at their own discretion and in their own way? Just because they are not publicising it here or anywhere does not mean that they are not doing anything. For all you know, some people may have suffered much more and yet, they still hold no anger and hatred.

Thai Monk has been distributing brochures and speaking to people about donating more to Shar Gaden as we have seen in the other thread posted by TS. TK posts many valuable lessons, points and issues for us to learn more. HD always posts very good insightful points of views, so does WB/Kate. In the past, I think even TC, CC, Trinley K, Mohani, A Friend and many others have also shared a lot in this space.

Here, I am just giving examples of many people - both new and old - who have contributed in their own ways. Who knows what more each has contributed and helped beyond this site and Forum. So, please do not judge and be so suspicious about everyone.

And please do not get upset if I did not mention your name as examples for those who have been contributing. I am sure there are many more, or else this site cannot be as valuable as it is since its conception in 2007. This is the reason why we are still here and more will be coming. This site/Forum, as with any cause, or Dharma Center, or NGO in the world, can only grow bigger and better with the help of everyone involved. And that is all of us.

For those who have more information and knowledge, they can share so much more. For those who can quote from scriptures and texts, they can put facts into knowledge and experience to help others. For those who are trying to be healed or are in need of healing, please do allow the healing process to take place.

I'd like to think that there are no enemies in here but friends.

Now, I am sorry that I cannot sprout and quote from scriptures, but I'd like to think that my Guru has taught me well in how to care more about others and show that care in the things I say and do. Granted, I don't always do it well and right, but I am always going to be doing my best to uphold what he teaches me with everyone I meet.

In any case, I'll always remember the 8 Verses of Thought Transformation and hold it close to my heart. We win when we no longer hold any ill feelings and have no negativities eating us up inside. We win when we let go and become happier people.

To anyone I have offended in here, I do sincerely apologise. It is not my intention. I will learn to express myself much better.

Have a beautiful day, everyone. I wish you all (especially TC) much happiness and peace.

Thank you again.
Helena

honeydakini

« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2010, 08:04:20 PM »

Dear HD,

(and especially, dear Thomas DC, please do not mind if I talk a little beside here...)

So, HD, and whoever is reading, if you would just know the whole story, you would perhaps feel different. I mean, you said that you have been "in this thing" for a half a year, but if you would have been "here" for, let us say, for a decade or more, you might know the case of This Certain Man, who gave his life and his wealth, for the Lineage of Je Tsongkhapa, but who nevertheless got kicked out by the brother of the Dalai Lama from the very Centre he had donated simply because he maintained his Protector practice given to him by his Lama, and who has got constant ostracism and been targeted in very unethical, but ah, so wonderfully mysterious Tibetan ways, ever since, by those who follow the Ever Holy Dalai Lama, you might, perhaps, understand why somebody is sometimes in a bit non-peaceful state.

It is not respect, in a big or lessened way, that you should feel. But compassion. The Ban is not a joke, or a part of any "big picture", or just something floating in an universe of ideations. It is real, and it has it's victims, who are real persons. He is one.

The Ban is evil, the source of that Ban is likewise, and so are those who uphold it.

I am very sorry for what I am about to say, if it may sting; I don’t mean this in a disrespectful manner. But shouldn’t we, as dharma practitioners go beyond just saying we were hurt and use that over and over again to justify why we are angry, not in a peaceful state of mind or lash out at others? Yes, there is no denying that you were hurt and but then what? Are you going to allow that to justify all the anger that you’re feeling and continue to “share” with the world forever?

Would it be more helpful and healing, perhaps, to transform that hurt into something positive? Instead of just feeling angry all the time and “getting back” by constantly reminding ourselves (and others) of what the other person has done to us, try to look at how you can help others in the same situation, bringing light and relief to others who are suffering in whatever way?

The first method clearly isn’t working – it just brings more angst, anger and sadness to yourself, and possibly more hurt to other people also. Ironically, you end up perpetuating and spreading the very hurt that you had received from that person who had hurt you in the first place. The latter method – it might not right the wrong of the past, but it has far more potential for bringing some light to others. It is more likely to "work" in terms of healing our minds and helping us come to some peace, as there is more potential for benefit and positivity from that action instead.

hope rainbow

« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2010, 07:35:42 AM »
The following prayer was found on the folowing websites:
http://wisdombuddhadorjeshugden.org/dorjeshugden10reasons.php
http://kadampa.org/en/books/heart-jewel/

I think it is a good synthesis of:
- the root of the path (devotion to one's Spiritual Guide).
- that coming across a Spiritual Guide is not -cannot be- just "happening by chance", and even when one is fortunate to receive the support of Dorje Shugden, this is also not, certainly not, by chance. Causes have been created in the past with great effort.
- gratitude to The Protector (often we conveniently forget the help we receive and we develop wrong deluded view as to how and where from the help came).
- straightforward description of the enlightened qualities of Dorje Shugden.

Gyara Tulku Rinpoche from Drepung Loseling Monastery wrote a prayer of gratitude, whose sentiments are shared by Dorje Shugden practitioners worldwide:

First you gave me a highly qualified Spiritual Guide
Under whom I studied and practised Dharma.
When through following misleading advice I came close to entering wrong paths,
You immediately hooked me back into the correct path.

O Duldzin, King of the Dharma, I thank you for your kindness.
Your body is the synthesis of all Sangha Jewels,
Your speech is the synthesis of all Dharma Jewels,
And your mind is the synthesis of all Buddha Jewels.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2010, 07:47:32 AM »

Dear HD,

I am very sorry for what I am about to say, if it may sting; I don’t mean this in a disrespectful manner. But shouldn’t we, as dharma practitioners go beyond just saying we were hurt and use that over and over again to justify why we are angry, not in a peaceful state of mind or lash out at others? Yes, there is no denying that you were hurt and but then what? Are you going to allow that to justify all the anger that you’re feeling and continue to “share” with the world forever?

Would it be more helpful and healing, perhaps, to transform that hurt into something positive? Instead of just feeling angry all the time and “getting back” by constantly reminding ourselves (and others) of what the other person has done to us, try to look at how you can help others in the same situation, bringing light and relief to others who are suffering in whatever way?

The first method clearly isn’t working – it just brings more angst, anger and sadness to yourself, and possibly more hurt to other people also. Ironically, you end up perpetuating and spreading the very hurt that you had received from that person who had hurt you in the first place. The latter method – it might not right the wrong of the past, but it has far more potential for bringing some light to others. It is more likely to "work" in terms of healing our minds and helping us come to some peace, as there is more potential for benefit and positivity from that action instead.

To add to that - if the Dalai Lama and his brother are as evil as you say, then do you think they really care about (or even remember!) the hurt they caused so many years ago? With the greatest respect, the only one who continues to be pained by that horrendous incident so many years ago is the victim themselves (and they continue to victimise themselves so many years later by allowing the incident to affect everything else they do).

beggar

« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2010, 12:38:16 PM »
all this is very interesting and yes, DharmaDefender, the biggest victim is ourselves because we choose to make ourselves the victim. the funny but tragic thing is that in most case the person who has hurt has us probably forgotten or doesn't even know that they have hurt us that much. We waste so much time on nothing after all!

The biggest question is this:
if we rely on Dorje Shugden and Tsongkhapa's teachings then by logic we should believe in karma. we can choose two things:
1) if we rely on the protector to help us in our spiritual path then when bad things happen do we rant and rave about it forever and blame the whole world? or realise that maybe this is a situation manifested for us to practice or which will help us in a long term?

2) if we rely on karma, well! enough said! stop blaming everyone and start to take some responsibility and action and create new causes. things don't always have to stay the way we perceive them to be.

here's to better futures,

yours, beggar

Mana

« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »
Kyabje Drakpa Gyeltsen's Rinpoche's birthday has come and gone recently. We would like to wish Kyabje Rinpoche growth in his work, attained students, great health and long life. We very much in the future hope to be able to physically pay our respects to you in person.

We solicit the Three Jewels for your wishes to come true in accordance with your holy aspirations.

Humbly,

Mana

Helena

• Email
« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »
I am with you, Mana.

May the King come out into the open soon.

I certainly do offer my sincere prayers for Kyabje Drakpa Gyeltsen Rinpoche's long life and for HIS work to grow and spread.

May Kyabje Drakpa Gyeltsen Rinpoche receive everything that HE needs to accomplish what HE wishes to accomplish.

May it all take place within our lifetime and may we all bear witness to the greatness of HIS holy deeds.

EH MA HO!
Helena

vajrastorm

« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2011, 05:43:06 AM »
A prayer for Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen's incarnation to come forth and reveal himself quickly in these critical times:

I bow down in body, speech and mind
To you of infinite compassion and wisdom,
O holy one, Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen,
Emanation of Buddha Manjushri.

Loving, trusting, devoted practitioners of the King,
Especially monks, geshes and great masters,
Have long suffered the slings and outrages
Of misguided condemnation of the King,
As they patiently await the return of the King
To take his rightful place
As THE PROTECTOR of this Kaliyurga age.

May all auspicious and conducive conditions quickly arise
For you , Lord Tulku Drakpa Gyelstsen,
To come forth and reveal yourself,
To prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt,
That Dorje Shugden arose from you
In fulfillment of a promise
To protect Je Tsongkapa's teachings.

And hence to take your own rightful place
And, hand in hand, with Dorje Shugden,
Lead all to a NEW RENAISSANCE FOR BUDDHISM !

Where the unparalleled teachings of Second Buddha Je Tsongkapa
Will light up all corners of the world,
And lead all beings
Out of the darkness of ignorance and suffering,
Into ULTIMATE PEACE AND HAPPINESS!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #311 on: December 26, 2011, 03:22:03 AM »
As far as i am aware of, he has 5 incarnations, all 5 of then (strangely) recognized by HHDL. All of them are doing Dharma work of an amazing capacity. It would be better to just know that they are around us but not know the exact persons as identifying them may impede their works or create unnecessary obstacles for them. Nothing can stop a tulku from doing Dharma work, not even death, bans, discrimination and name smearing. I would very much like to attain that state of mind one day where i will never falter in the face of unhappiness and suffering.

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #312 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »
This is great news. I really can't wait for the truth to unfold. I really can't wait for the ban to be lifted. May Kyabje Drakpa Gyeltsen bring benefit to millions and millions of people once the ban is lifted.

A light of hope will finally clear out the darkness that befalls this earth. The holy Dharma will be replenished. Many will feel the benefits. May Kyabje Drakpa Gyeltsen have a long life and may he help lead countless people to enlightenment.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #313 on: December 27, 2011, 02:26:51 AM »
This is great news. I really can't wait for the truth to unfold. I really can't wait for the ban to be lifted. May Kyabje Drakpa Gyeltsen bring benefit to millions and millions of people once the ban is lifted.

A light of hope will finally clear out the darkness that befalls this earth. The holy Dharma will be replenished. Many will feel the benefits. May Kyabje Drakpa Gyeltsen have a long life and may he help lead countless people to enlightenment.

when a highly realized being is "stopped" from reincarnating, they just emanate more and reincarnate under a different title and name. And what is more interesting is that HHDL can always refuse to recognize these incarnations, but he did anyways. If he was really against Shugden, he would have snuffed out all  of these reincarnations, and refuse to recognize them and the reincarnations of the Lamas who practice them. isn't that a  bit odd? There is no way that HHDL would not have realized that they are Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen's incarnations, some of them quite obvious as their name mantra reveals. Yet he still supports and gives them his blessings.

kris

« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2011, 12:16:18 PM »
This is indeed good news for us practitioners and I can't wait for Him to announce himself to the world.

WHO?? WHEN?? 2 year? 5 years?

And I look forward to seeing a huge monastery dedicate to Dorje Shugden very soon!!!