Author Topic: Trijang Dorje Chang's previous lives Thangka Bio  (Read 15240 times)

Helena

• Email
Re: Trijang Dorje Chang's previous lives Thangka Bio
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 08:16:01 AM »
Trijang Rinpoche's current incarnation is just as attained and enlightened as the previous Trijang...you don't lose your attainments just like that,not especially when you have had a history of an illustrious incarnations as track record, life after life. This is not like a mood swing that we samsara people would ordinarily experience from moment to moment.

So, I am inclined to agree with what Wosel and Beggar have written.

Enlightened and attained Masters can take on whatever appearance to suit that time, that group of students, for a specific purpose, and so on. They will choose whatever that is most beneficial.

From their side, there is no difference. If there is any difference, it is from our ordinary minds' perception.

And that is something we need to work on...as always.
Helena

whitelion

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:48 PM »
Dear all,
Thanks for sharing this, it's really makes me think.

From my culture, all Buddha or Boddhisattva like Goon Nyom(Chenrezig) have a lot of manifestation just to bring us the Dharma. She's able to manifest as a beggar, a widow, a mad person or even some cold wind just to bring us the right message. To me water is water, no matter it is in a cup, a bowl or just in the river, they are still water. I believe if Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche been through the proper and most complete procedures in the monastery as the reincarnation of Kyabje Yongzin Trijang Dorje Chang, how can it be wrong? If he's correct does it matter that Trijang Rinpoche is married or single? A monk or a lay person? A Buddha will always be a Buddha.

We as a normal human being who comes with TONS of bad karma, i don't think anyone of us can see what Buddha sees nor have the right to comment on what Buddha have choosen to be. It must have reasons why Trijang Dorje Chang will choose to manifest as lay person for now. It will only be good or beneficial for all of us.

Even Mara can't stop Buddha Syakhamuni from spreading Dharma, i don't think anyone can stop Dharma to grow. The views on Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche now might be not so encouraging, but I believe the rain will stop soon, and it will be sunny days again in not long future.

A Buddha will not care do we praise to "HIM" or makes offering to "HIM". A Buddha will never care will the world accept him as a Buddha or not, but if we are so ignorant and we reject a Buddha who appears just in front of us and just because Buddha is not in robes, we will never get the Dharma. So to my opinion on this is that no one should judge how Buddha "function" and we should just believe in theBuddha.

By the way the thangkas are very impressive, i like them a lot. Thanks very much  ;D

Barzin

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »
The Thangkas are precious and beautiful?  Thumbs up for making these available.  I've seen questions posted by Thai Monk which is quite interesting and made me think.  Sometimes i think it is our perception on how a guru should look like or behave because we are selective even to the things that we want to see.  On the other hand, a highly attained being's mind stream will remain the same, dutifully spreading dharma life after life.  So whatever form he appears or manifest to be, it is still the same mind stream.  Unlike our mind, even we are selective about what we want to hear, see, taste or even a guru and dharma.  Oh well, that is why we are still stuck in samsara.  Wait, didn't I hear there are Buddhas among us lay people helping us to get out of samsara?  He might be wearing a Hugo Boss suit, but his luggage is full of dharma to liberate us.   

kris

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 12:36:41 AM »
The Thangka's are beautiful!! I don't know how to appreciate Thangkas few months ago, until I went to Nepal and see some of the really beautiful Thangkas.

Thank you for posting the high resolution images so that we can print out and make them into Thangkas!