Author Topic: Praise for the Dalai Lama and religious persecution as "comedy"  (Read 11005 times)

Matibhadra

Re: Praise for the Dalai Lama and religious persecution as "comedy"
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
However, my Lama/Guru told me HH Dalai Lama is indeed Chenrezig, and is a living Buddha. I trust my Guru 100% and He cannot be wrong.

Whether your guru is wrong or not is irrelevant here. What matters is that you are wrong when you support and deify a criminal such as the evil dalie, thus creating the conditions for him to keep perpetrating his crimes. You should grow up and assume responsibility for your own actions and choices, rather than hiding behind the image you make of your guru.

The Buddha himself clearly states in he Kalama Sutta that one should not accept something upon the consideration, “the monk is our guru”. Rather, one should accept what one personally knows as skillful, blameless, praiseworthy, and conducive to happiness, and that it is praised by the wise. The very opposite of all these qualities apply to the evil dalie's misdeeds.

Besides, since you do not trust yourself, how could you possibly trust your own opinion about your guru?

Then, how do I explain the reason for this ban?

The reason for the ban is people like yourself, who distrust the Buddha's teachings, and instead of going for refuge to the Three Jewels prefer to lick the dirty feet of a petty unscrupulous theocrat.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »
Whether or not Dalai Lama have purposely ban on Dorje Shugden as a form of comedy or to harm. In our side here, we are not to comment on High Lama who are recognize by the lineage Gurus.

As a student, this ban have enable me to study and understand more on Dorje Shugden. Why there is a ban and people are suffered as a consequences of this ban, and yet the ban still appear. If we truly wanted the ban to be lifted fast, it is not for us to comment on Dalai Lama, but, to understand the source of this ban and to think wisely on the issues of the ban and make more people understand on Dharma.

By disagreed, angry and revenge in action by not supporting people who contradict to our mind, it doesn't help us much in spiritual practices. In fact, it bring more disharmony within us , where, we should be united, make people more understand on practices of Dorje Shugden and teachings of Tulku Dragpa Gyelsen, but, we have not do it.

Everyone, have the right to choose their Guru. And once the relation is bond; is not up to us to comment on the guru he or she chosen. We can never understand our own mind without a proper guidance from a Guru, thus, when we have Guru, the devotion on the Guru is essential to get our ego mind stabilize and not flippant. When we see flaws on a Guru, we should ask, it is our flaws too, why we have the karma to see the Guru's fault ?

Matibhadra

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 08:25:52 PM »
Everyone, have the right to choose their Guru. And once the relation is bond; is not up to us to comment on the guru he or she chosen.

Wrong. When this supposed “guru” is realized to be a non-Buddhist criminal, such as the evil dalie, one sees that there is no “bond” worth being maintained, and one gets rid of such an evil “guru” just like a snake climbing one's legs.

Mafia and Cosa Nostra members also undergo initiation rituals through which they take oaths from and create bonds with their capo mafioso. These oaths and bonds are not worth being kept. One has to break them in order to become a Buddhist.

Precisely the same applies to oaths taken from and bonds created with the evil criminal dalie lame. One must break them in order to become a Buddhist. 

When we see flaws on a Guru, we should ask, it is our flaws too, why we have the karma to see the Guru's fault ?

Your problem is that you mistakenly label an ordinary criminal as a “Guru”.

Anyway, the relevant flaw here is not the supposed “guru”'s flaw, but one's own flaw of going for refuge to a criminal, rather than to the Three Jewels.

VeronicaSmith

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 09:21:08 AM »
I personally think that referring to this ban, that causes a lot of pain and suffering to the Shugden People in tibet and in the rest of the world, as a comedy is extremely insensitive and bad. Also, The Dalai Lama's actions are wrong in this case but that does not mean that he is a criminal because he does stand for more, lets not forget that. But as a Shugden Practitioner, I think that this ban is a very serious statement of how there is still such religious discrimination and lack of freedom of belief in this modern and advanced day and age.

How the world also chooses to ignore and claim that the ban and is not there and choose that issues like this does not exist is very bad as well. Also the Dalai Lama and his people have constantly denied that there is a ban and yet mention that there is one and also say that they have no part in it while trying to explain their reasons behind it. There is a ban and they keep telling people that there is not one and yet they also say there is. Those slip ups in organisation by them is proof that this terrible ban is there and we need to look at the Shugden people in tibet and practitioners around the world because we need to fix this. This is causing a lot of suffering to people. So I don't think it is a comedy.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »
Actually I read the title to possibly mean that the actions of the Dalai Lamas make them out to be inconsistent, comical and ultimately a bit of a joke. I see the reference to divinity as a bit sarcastic.

As I see it, the point of the article is to throw focus on how erratic and contradictory the 5th and 14th Dalai Lamas are, that is, if they are the same mind stream why take opposite positions on the Jonang sect and the Shugden issue.

It is common for DorjeShugden.com to be attacked whenever it carries news and articles that do not direct and aggressively put the Dalai Lama down. I for one don't agree with the religious ban, but I disagree less with any form of suppression of one's freedom to express one's opinion.