Author Topic: Pope Francis gives a new breath to Christianity  (Read 4152 times)

Manisha Kudo

• Email
Pope Francis gives a new breath to Christianity
« on: December 25, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »
Pope Francis has been declared Time’s Person Of The Year. Looking back on 2013, he has done some incredibly progressive things to lead the Church.

Here is a list of good deeds that Pope Francis has performed that would probably be shocking to you:

http://distractify.com/people/reasons-why-pope-francis-is-the-person-of-the-year/

As demonstrated again and again, the importance of an inspiring and effective human leader adds tremendous value to any cause from the compassionate works of Mother Teresa to the fights for justice by Martin Luther King.

Who do you think is a fitting contemporary Buddhist hero especially in this degenerate times and why?  8) 

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Pope Francis gives a new breath to Christianity
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
Yes i have read a lot about Pope Francis and am very much respectful of him as a spiritual being who walks the talk. He is a very public figure and the pinnacle of the gargantuan Roman Catholic church yet i love how humble he is.

Which Buddhist figure would i associate - perhaps Master Cheng Yen of Tzu Chi, who is very humble and everyday makes candles herself as a role model to everyone in her organisation that they have to be self-sustaining.

If not for the Dorje Shugden issue, i might have said the Dalai Lama - but i have had mixed feelings since.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

icy

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 06:16:35 AM »
Yes this is true Wisdom Being.  I share the same feeling with you.  Ever since the episode of the anti Shugden ban begins, I feel deeply for the Tibetan Shugden practitioners.  The agony they have to endure is apparent,  it is unimaginable and affected many deeply.

Where there is dawn, Pope Francis is a fresh hope and joy for Christains and non-Christains alike.

icy

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »
Here's more on the election of Pope Francis.

Pope Francis, left, meets Pope emeritus Benedict XVI in Castel Gandolfo, Italy. Benedict’s retirement and Francis’ election as pope were the Top 2 stories about religion in 2013, according to a poll of religion journalists.

He’s Time magazine’s Person of the Year, the most talked about topic on Facebook and the most popular baby namesake in Italy. No surprise, Pope Francis is also the top Religion Story of the Year and the Religion Newsmaker of the Year, according to a poll of Religion Newswriters members.

Francis beat out his predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, who was the No. 2 story, and evangelist Billy Graham — who recently turned 95 and is reportedly ailing — for the newsmaker designation.
Benedict made news when he became the first pope to resign in almost six centuries.
The rankings were based on results of an online ballot conducted between Dec. 13 and 16. Only Religion Newswriters Association members were eligible to vote.

diamond girl

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:39:38 AM »
Wow... I have heard rave reviews about this man... I do not regard as a man with disrespect. In fact I am addressing him as a MAN because his actions are humane and kind with so much compassion. I am so used to seeing the Pope be all ALMIGHTY standing on his balcony addressing the masses. "What's up with that?" is how I used to think which is why I seldom or never watch anything about the Pope.

But now Pope Francis has totally earned my respect and attention. I experience no different than my spiritual teacher. I feel the warmth and care and most importantly Pope Francis is brilliant and very honorable.