Author Topic: Court rejects daughter's inheritance claim  (Read 11203 times)

sonamdhargey

Re: Court rejects daughter's inheritance claim
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
In worldy terms, this girl has the right to claim inheritance of her father's property and assets. However if she is kind she should just leave it for the Monastery instead of fighting and suing for it. The money is better used for the Monastery then to feed her greed and sellfishness.

However in this case, it is unique. A Monk stashing so much money in various accounts is questionable. If the money are meant for donation to his Monastery, then why he didn't deposit it directly to the Monastery instead? Anyway the Monastery knows best why the accounts are such.

Positive Change

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
Well, everything in China is about Greed and money these days. People are just looking for fast wealth and although the country is on the brink of economic superpower status, her people are spiritually poverty-stricken. There's just so much unhappiness and it looks to me that Dorje Shugden is so much needed in this country and everywhere else. I am sure if Dorje Shugden is spread, the Dharma will eventually grow in this land as it had in he past.

Then again, what is this economic superpower status anyway? Has it served the US well? Being an ecomonic superpower does not mean its people across the board are benefiting from this status. In fact look at the state of the so called economic superpower of the US... there is so much unemployment and people living under the poverty line. It is just that its press focus on calamities outside its shores and not within. If such falseness is the claim of a superpower nation, perhaps we should all relook at what it means to reach this or what we actually foresake in order to achieve this.

You are right Big Uncle, the trade off is very apparent. I see the glaring similarities in the US and in China these days. Not to mention the UK and most parts of Europe. And the least so called economic giants seems to have their spirituality intact... hhmmm points to ponder on then huh!

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
I believe I do not have the right to judge this woman for her choice in suing a temple for her insurance money. Why? Because she might not be the one in fault, she might just be fighting for her right for the money and the donation could have been a misinformation. However, she could also be trying to deceive the court into letting her keep the "donation". Then, the temple would have lost appropriate funding to help spread the Dharma further.

Manjushri

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
Money, materialism and greed is what drives and fuels the society today. Most people want the easy way to gain most money and suing to claim inheritence is an easy way indeed. We cannot judge as we do not know the full story of this, but a lack of understanding in what the father believes in, what the father wants to do and how high her father valued the Dharma would have also fuelled the daughter to take this course of action. She wants the money because she does not see why her father would donate the money to the temple, and she sees no use in it. Yes, indeed it is sad, and the girl might not realise the karmic implications of "taking" sangha money but I am not surprised that she has resorted to this. There are many worst things that society does today.

I guess it is good for her in a way that she lost the case. Maybe her karma was good so that she failed the case and didnt increase negative karma.