Author Topic: Empowerment or Transmission of Dorje Shugden  (Read 8322 times)

dharmabrother

• Email
Empowerment or Transmission of Dorje Shugden
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:50:42 AM »
In the United States, How can I or anyone receive transmission or empowerment from dorje shugden? If no Lama is around who worships Dorje Shugden, What can a person do?

I thank you all in love
Dharma Brother

vajralight

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: Empowerment or Transmission of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
In the United States, How can I or anyone receive transmission or empowerment from dorje shugden? If no Lama is around who worships Dorje Shugden, What can a person do?

I thank you all in love
Dharma Brother

There are places:

1. In California there's Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche the Abbot of Serpom Monastery. He resides in California permanently.
2. In Indiana there's the Gameng Dulzin Kuten, the oracle monk of Dorje Shugden.
3. In Northfield, Vermont there's Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. He has Trijang Institute.

Not 'too' far is Zawa Rinpoche in Montreal, Quebec.

You can google these names and places.

Good luck.

TK

dharmabrother

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »
thanks vajaralight and TK.

Indiana is the closest. I will go see the oracle soon.. It will help me have daily conversations with Dorje Shugden, and intimately get to know him..

DB

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:47:02 AM »
Dear Dharmabrother,

How very fortunate! I just have a small advice to add. Before meeting Dorje Shugden through the oracle, it would be good to start propitiating him. You start by making the connection so that when you do meet him, you will have the merits to gain good advice that will spur your spiritual growth or even lead you towards a qualified Lama.

Here is a link to Dorje Shugden's short sadhana that you can do beforehand:- http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=57

I wish you the best of luck!

triesa

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:25 AM »
thanks vajaralight and TK.

Indiana is the closest. I will go see the oracle soon.. It will help me have daily conversations with Dorje Shugden, and intimately get to know him..

DB

Dear DB,

If you like to have daily conversation with Dorje Shugden, I think the best method is like what Big Uncle suggested, start doing his sadhana daily and it is like having a constant connected phone line with Dorje Shugden. Remember Dorje Shugden is an enlightened dharma protector, by doing his sadhana sincerely and daily, the blessings of Dorje Shugden will be bestowed without you even knowing sometimes.

Best of luck!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:44 AM »
I think it is also very important to remember that without a firm grounding in the 3 principals of the path (renunciation, bodhichitta, correct view of emptiness), Dorje Shugden can only be of limited benefit. Dorje Shugden is always there to help Dharma Practitioners, but if we are not actively working on cultivating the 3 principals of the path, we are also not cultivating a proper relationship with our Protector.

lightning

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 06:40:55 AM »
I think it is also very important to remember that without a firm grounding in the 3 principals of the path (renunciation, bodhichitta, correct view of emptiness), Dorje Shugden can only be of limited benefit. Dorje Shugden is always there to help Dharma Practitioners, but if we are not actively working on cultivating the 3 principals of the path, we are also not cultivating a proper relationship with our Protector.

Agreed on this.

Rightfully, if one is to do sadhana of Dorje Shugden, one need to have other Yidam empowerment first, as the first statement mentioned "before Yidam deity....manifested...."

daka

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:43 AM »
Sorry, I have a question here.

From the posts above, my impression is that if a person is very new to dharma, and he doesn't have any Yidam empowerment (most people don't have I guess), nor any firm grounding in the 3 principals of the path (which is not easy for a beginner), then it's only of very limited benefit if he practices Dorje Shugden.

If that is true, then what is the whole purpose of promoting this practice among the general population? How can Dorje Shugden help those without a Guru and those who haven't yet developed strong faith in the Three Jewels?

Sorry, I'm just curious.     :-[

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
I don't have any yidam empowerment  but i just do the prayers as listed on this site and i do feel the benefit, so i am sure that many others who may not know so much yet will also be like me. I believe Dorje Shugden helps anyone who asks sincerely for help - as long as it's not a stupid request!

There is a lot to learn about Buddhism etc - the three principals of the path is still alien to me but I'm reading a few books etc to wrap my head around them. And I'm also asking Dorje Shugden to help me understand the Dharma better.

I'm in touch with some centres online - Dharma Brother - if you plan to go to Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling in Indiana - here is some information about it. (this is from their facebook)

DGTL monastery is community center to study and practice place for Buddhist teachings. We offer weekly class: Introductory class on Sundays at 10am. Dharma discourse on Sunday at 2.30pm. Dharma discussion on Wednesday at 6pm.

Dagom Gaden Tensung Ling Buddhist Monastery was founded in 1996 by renown Tibetan Buddhist teachers Ven. Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche and Ven. Gonsar Rinpoche. Their deepest wish in establishing the monastery was to preserve for the benefit of all sentient beings the Buddha's teachings as transmitted by the Gelugpa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism.

Though DGTL functions as a traditional monastery for monks of this lineage, it also welcomes lay people of all nationalities and backgrounds to participate in its many religious, cultural and educational programs. These include sacred teachings by visiting and resident monks, the construction of precious sand mandalas, daily prayer services, guest lectures to schools and community groups, and the annual Taste of Tibet in which the monks cook Tibetan delicacies for the communities of Bloomington and Cincinnati.

DGTL is nestled at one end of Bloomington, Indiana's Lower Cascades Park, a natural setting with cliffs, a creek, and a waterfall. The quiet monastery grounds and the building decorated by hand with traditional Tibetan colors and designs. Monastery is Open to Visitor during 9-6pm. Please call for more information: (812) 339-0857.

The address is 102 Club House Drive,  Bloomington, Indiana

Have a blast, Dharma Bro, and like Big Uncle says - start preparing now by doing the prayers - reading about him, getting to know him. The better connection and preparations you make before meeting him, the more beneficial your meeting will be. Keep us posted how your trip went?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

dharmabrother

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 04:04:20 AM »
thank you very much, i will post about the trip.. if i get pictures, i'll post that too
since we are getting this very nice hot weather here in the east and midwest, i'll take advantage of that.. and strike while the irons hot.

DB