Author Topic: Pick your scope...  (Read 10761 times)

hope rainbow

Re: Pick your scope...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 03:11:12 AM »
I must be honest, my acts and thoughts are 95% "this life" scope.
Only sometimes, do I get thoughts aligned with a clumsy entry scope practitioner.
And the other two scopes only glimpse sometimes in my mind as a beautiful aspiration only.
If I'd say otherwise I would lie to myself.

Then of course I can speak nicely about the 3 scopes, I can speak in length about the lamrim, and I hope that this inspires other people to do better than me, and I also have hope that merit is then created so that I can clear the murky water of the slump in which I drawn until I see the light on the surface and may blossom as a lotus.

A honest reply.

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Pick your scope...
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 06:52:02 AM »
For me, it makes no sense for me for suffering to end for me alone and when i no longer suffer, what do I do about people who are suffering? I do not wish to sit back and relax while i watch others suffer, while i know that other people are suffering helplessly and are lost in confusion. I still abhor suffering now, but the amount of suffering that I can take is definitely a lot more than what I could take before. Things i use to suffer incredibly i now can bear it with little or no issue as I realize that this is not much suffering compared to what others are suffering from. I do not want cessation of my own suffering as the only reason for me to practice Dharma but i do need relief from time to time so that I dont get too distracted by my own suffering until i lose my own goals.

I definitely need relief from my own suffering from time to time, but that will never be my main goal. At most, it will be temporal and I will keep reminding myself of that every time i am in suffering.