Author Topic: Are You Friends with a Shugden Practitioner?  (Read 7554 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Are You Friends with a Shugden Practitioner?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »

It would be best if the Dalai Lama himself removes the ban but I don't see how he can justify a sudden reversal of his position on Dorje Shugden without coming across as being flippant. I am also not sure if that will instill confidence in Buddhism if a deity can suddenly be demonized and then re-deified all in a matter of a few decades. Sadly, His Holiness may be committed to his stance and the true reasons for his ban may follow him into clear light.

However, it may not take long for the effects of the ban to fade away as more and more high lamas such as Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche and other young reincarnations of great masters emerge to bridge the chasm between Shugden practioners and those who have opposed it. A friend of mine who recently returned for Gaden Shartse told me that there isn't much animosity between Shartse and Shar Ganden monks anymore regardless of what the official policies are. Even the 100th Gaden Tripa's throne is still there despite His Holiness having "defected" to Shar Ganden.

The Dalai Lama and the CTA originated the ban and without renewed push against the Protector practice I think the Tibetans will just get on with their lives. The Dalai Lama has already stated that he will no longer  speak against the Protector in public. As for the CTA, I feel that there are fast becoming irrelevant and might even be dissolved if China is clever enough to provide good enough conditions for the exiled Tibetans to be lured back to the homeland. As it is, living and social conditions in the Tibet Autonomous Region seems to be becoming more liberal as China opens up to the world.

HHDL has softened his stance on the ban and also he has also told the abbots that he will stop condemning Dorje Shugden as there isnt a need to do so anymore. Perhaps this is the prelude to him lifting the ban. Give it another 2-3 years or so and the ban will be lifted by HHDL. I dont think so HHDL said that by accident. He is planning to lift the ban. Him softening his stance on Dorje Shugden after 30+ years isnt by accident or because he is just tired of talking about Dorje Shugden. It is probably him conditioning and preparing his students to accept Dorje Shugden as their Dharma protector. The time is near.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 07:42:30 PM »
I really do not see if there's anything wrong with befriending a Dorje Shugden practitioner, just because they practise Dorje Shugden, that doesn't differ them from the others. In fact, we should even be close to these wonderful people because what they practise has a lineage and Dorje Shugden is very powerful.

James Bond

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 04:58:58 PM »
I think this article is very good and well explained. Thank you for sharing all the information with us.

But in all seriousness, its sad what people have to go through because of the ban. Guru-disciple relationships have to be ruined, monasteries have to split up and even family members aren't allowed to see their own family members if those family members practice DS. I find this very sad.

Also, i find it extremely illogical that such a high lama, who is so wise and attained, can be so easily rejected by the Buddhist society who does not practice Dorje Shugden. Its like everything good that the high lamas have done in their lives mean nothing if they practice Dorje Shugden. How can that be? it doesn't make sense to me. People need to realise this, then the ban will be lifted.