Author Topic: Phayul down?  (Read 12780 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Phayul down?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »
Rejoice! Phayul is back in business! Glad they managed to iron out whatever issues they had...

Phayul is one of the platforms that Tibetans can present themselves to the world. Of course some Tibetans will say they don't care what others think of them and it's a place for them to be themselves. Unfortunately, no man is an island and everyone is interdependent.

How Tibetans present themselves - progressive, archaic, pedantic, open-minded etc - will be how the world sees them. Perhaps it's time that Tibet is seen to be larger than the individuals and while i don't doubt that they are passionate about being Tibetan, they could police themselves and ensure that Tibetans as a whole are seen in a more positive light - one of the ways could be that they stop condemning the religious practices of others and respecting others' beliefs. Fine if you don't believe in something others believe in, just don't condemn. It makes you look very small minded and prejudiced. Please represent Tibet better and embody the true Buddhist principles of inclusiveness and open-mindedness.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Barzin

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »
Didn't mean to be rude, i was not a regular forum goer let alone Buddhist website.  I have checked out Phayul a couple of times but I didn't find it informative nor educational. It acted like a forum of gossips and bringing other's flags down then to educate, interact and practice.  I am not surprise that it was down before as i thought there must be haters out there or else just plain bad luck to be hacked.  Whatever it is, Phayul exists or not it is not important.  If i were to compare this website to Phayul?  Phew, at least this website made me come back to learn more... :) 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 02:51:19 AM »
Phayul is back up again and i find that they are filled with rude and not so intelligent people. Sorry to say that they dont have much substantial discussions there and most of them are arguments rather than actual discussions. And the moose guy is very annoying in more ways than one as he is obviously a westerner who thinks he is a tibetan in his previous life and makes empty spiteful and misleading comments against a plethora of issues. I went in there a few times and saw a lot of childish arguments and i just didint felt like being there anymore.

kris

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »
Phayul forum is up again!

Personally I felt Buddhism forum should behave and represent Buddhism well, and should not put down others to promote itself.

kris

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
Phayul.com used to have a Forum (http://forum.phayul.com), but were shut down down because of some technical issues (so as I read). Today I went in there again and found that the forum URL has been changed to http://forums2.phayul.com, but when I click on it, it is still having problem.. hmm... ::)