Author Topic: The Shar Gaden Performing Arts Association (SGPAA)  (Read 4738 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
The Shar Gaden Performing Arts Association (SGPAA)
« on: November 28, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
This attached picture is of the Shar Gaden Performing Arts Association (SGPAA) artists, who are stretching their muscles. They have been rehearsing unceasingly over many days and nights.

Despite the fact that they are not full-time artist/actors, their work has been appreciated by many who had seen them perform at many important occasions. Generally they only have a couple of days to rehearse prior to any show because of their hectic dharma schedule.

Their prime objective is not just to entertain people but to preserve and promote their unique Tibetan culture which is on the verge of extinction. The performances also symbolise prosperity and auspiciousness.

(Source is Shar Gaden's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1639429371)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Barzin

Re: The Shar Gaden Performing Arts Association (SGPAA)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
Is it a fund raising effort?  What I really like about these monks are, they tirelessly promote the dharma.  They'll do whatever it takes for dharma to spread.  I admire and respect them a lot.  It is great to see a great effort from the monks rehearsing and promoting the beautiful culture.  Through art and performance, it is another to make dharma known to the world! 

DharmaSpace

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »
I do respect the monks for preserving their cultures in the face of extinction. And if they do raise money to support more monks welfare and livelihood all the more better.

whitelion

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
The real monks will never tired to bring benefits to others. By doing this cultural dance not only will bring entertaiment to people, but also blessing and maybe fund for the monastery.

I heard that for the coming Serpom Monastery official opening ceremony on 18/12/11, there will have 20 over monks from Shar Gaden to perform 4 type of auspicious dance to grace the event. The people from all around the World will have chance to witness this auspicious dance.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:27:47 AM »
Can we see more pictures? Losang Tenpa maybe you can snap a couple at their next performance? (please!)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »
Can we see more pictures? Losang Tenpa maybe you can snap a couple at their next performance? (please!)

For sure!