Author Topic: Best Tibetan Song About Dorje Shugden Lamas  (Read 9210 times)

donoharm

Best Tibetan Song About Dorje Shugden Lamas
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:38:56 AM »
Best Tibetan Song for all the Great Masters of Tibet. ( Dorje Shugden Lamas) Small | Large
:)

Rihanna

Re: Best Tibetan Song About Dorje Shugden Lamas
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:40:34 AM »
Thank you for sharing this video. Wish the lyrics was in Mandarin too so that i can understand . But i am sure that they must be praises to our Dorje Shugden Lamas who have been suppressed, ridiculed in  public, endured alot of hardship  to continue their practice. So unfair and unjust on these great Lamas. To mention all that they have gone through would be able to fill up a library but the most recent incident of the attack on the assistant of Trijang Rinpoche is one of the many examples of what our Dorje Shugden Lamaa have to go through. If you are unaware of what I am writting , you can read all about it in:

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/cta-creates-violence-again/

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:11:17 PM »
Interesting Tibetan folk song to the great lamas (I assume). I wished I could understand Tibetan though... It's neat that a song is out extolling the virtues of these suppressed Dorje Shugden lamas. Many in the video are lamas that practice Dorje Shugden although I am sure it was not mentioned. What I found interesting is that they got a relatively young couple to sing this song. It sounds kinda haunting to me, I guess almost a longing...for the glory days of these great lamas to return. Thank you for sharing. It is most interesting little video of the lamas.

Lineageholder

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »
I found it very moving and beautiful. It seems to transcend language and feels very blessed.

Thanks for posting.

Aurore

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 09:45:42 AM »
I wish to understand what they are singing as well. The mood of the music make reality bites. It's like a sad song of a sad story during sad times. This is a sad time in Tibetan Buddhism.

I found in this post of all the Shugden Lamas past and present (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/category/great-masters/recent-masters). Some are practicing openly but most are practicing secretly. Either way, they are all playing a role in the Shugden controversy regardless.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 12:20:03 PM »
I do not understand Tibetan and the Chinese words in the video. But I can say that it sounds like a moving song from the expressions of the singers. It must be a very holy song too as through out the duration of the video, there were images of many high lamas such as HH Pabongka Rinpoche, Trijang Rinpoche and even the Panchen Lama flashing across the screen. My wish also that there would be sub-title of this video in English language.

Q

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 04:45:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing

How do you know that the song's dedicated to DS lamas? (besides it being stated at the title) Anyone know what the song means? Perhaps can share with us the meaning? Thanks!

dsiluvu

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »
I wish to understand what they are singing as well. The mood of the music make reality bites. It's like a sad song of a sad story during sad times. This is a sad time in Tibetan Buddhism.

I found in this post of all the Shugden Lamas past and present (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/category/great-masters/recent-masters). Some are practicing openly but most are practicing secretly. Either way, they are all playing a role in the Shugden controversy regardless.

Yes I definitely do agree that all Shugden Lamas including His Holiness though he may claim He does not believe in Dorje Shugden any more... has their role and is playing their role in preserving Dorje Shugden's practice one way or another. And because of His Holiness making Dorje Shugden practice such a huge issue, He has in fact sparked so many practitioners to practice and spread Dorje Shugden harder, more passionately, creatively and definitely with more gusto to others!

I do not understand what the song is about but if it is to sing praises to the Shugden Lamas and the preservation of the pure Gelug lineage founded by Je Tsongkhapa, then bravo. May there be more with English subtitles please ;)

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »
Wow... thank you for sharing. Like the rest, I hope that I could understand Tibetan so that I can fully appreciate this song. Even then, I am sure it is a beautiful rendition about the the dedication and loyalty of the Shugden lamas.  :)

It would be really cool if there is an English song about DS, the ban and justice for the Shugden lamas. Hee hee  8)

icy

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 10:10:33 PM »
Although I do not understand the lyrics, I am moved to hear the song dedicated to all the Glorious Shugden Lamas.  I join in the most sincere expression to salute and honour them from the bottom of my heart how they have to endure the hardship and agony of the ban to survive and further propagate the practice.  The more Dorje Shugden and Shugden Lamas are being suppressed the more they shine brilliantly in the spot light. 

To all the Glorious Shugden Lamas, with folded hands, I bow down to your feet.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 05:13:39 AM »
I listened to this video with great emotions. Mixture of happiness and sadness. All the great Shugden Lamas featured sacrificed a lot for the Dharma. I am sure there don;t mind it as it is for the Dharma. Interestingly, the first to be feature was the Buddha Shakyamuni Himself followed by Manjushri. It shows that the lineage of Dorje Shugden is pure, unbroken and authentic and the Dharma He protects is similarly the pure Dharma.

To see to young Tibetans singing the praises to the Lamas openly is very encouraging and I wish all Tibetans respect the them and the practice.

I rejoice.

eyesoftara

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 05:36:05 AM »
I really love this video. It brings tears to my eyes. 2 young Tibetans singing a song about the Dorje Shugden Lamas is a great show of faith and devotion. It shows to the world what devotion is really about. The Dalai Lama can ban the practice but the practice would not be banned. Not if the Gurus continues to practice and the disciples have devotions.

RedLantern

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »
Music has a way of communicating to you on a deeper level than is possible with words and is often good at arousing feelings in the listeners,even when one cannot personally identify with the words of a song or the content.
I found this video very beautiful with the singers who sang with great emotion.Thank you for sharing.

Midakpa

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 03:00:40 PM »
This song is a tribute to the Shugden lamas. What a beautiful tribute. These lamas had sacrificed a lot for the Dharma. They brought the teachings of the Buddha and the practice of Dorje Shugden to so many people. They will always be remembered and revered. What better way to repay their kindness than to practise the Dharma! I touch my head to their feet.  May there be more Shugden lamas!

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »
This is a very touching and beautiful song and I wish it was in English so that I can understand the whole meaning of this wonderful song. It should be a song dedicated to all Shugden Lamas. Even though the Dalai Lama ban Dorje Shugden but the Dalai Lama can never ban the devotion of the practitioners to Dorje Shugden.
Hope there will be more Dorje Shugden songs and also in other languages so that everyone can sing to it as well.