Author Topic: Shugden Centres-Asia  (Read 14443 times)

Mana

Shugden Centres-Asia
« on: April 21, 2011, 11:40:46 PM »
Ven Jamseng Rinpoche and Serkong Tritul Rinpoche have opened beautiful centres in New Zealand as well as in Malaysia. The New Zealand centre's opening was marked with beautiful celebrations (youtube).

Their two Malaysian centres (North and Central Malaysia) have had criticisms from various pro-Tibetan Govt Tibetan centres in Malaysia, but it has not stunted their growth in any way. They have openly practiced Dorje Shugden and have had tremendous large events filling stadiums in the capital we are informed as well as in various parts of Malaysia. (They have purchased 30 acres of land in North Malaysia in a prime area)

Their centre in North Taiwan will have a grand opening soon as they have completed building their new large premises.

Jamseng Rinpoche/Tritul Rinpoche have already established a centre in Singapore years back and is quite strong in spite of the ban. We rejoice at the establishment of these Dorje Shugden lineage centres of study that are blossoming in faraway Asia. Due to much bad publicity of Jamseng Rinpoche/Serkong Tritul Rinpoche practicing Dorje Shugden, they have been 'lowering the volume' in their open display of Dorje Shugden, but despite misfounded rumours, they are strong on their practice. Their organization is still sponsoring various events and building projects/monks in Shar Gaden Monastery.

Serkong Tritul Rinpoche has sent over 100 of his young monks to Shar Gaden for education last year in 2010.

The Tibetan Govt has done whatever it can to undemocratically/unethically speak against Tritul Rinpoche as well as Jamseng Rinpoche, but could not curb their growth in any way.

Their Monastery in Nepal which has the capacity to house 1,000 monks is near completion also we were given the good news.

(Photo-Ven Jamseng Rinpoche with H.E. Denma Locho Rinpoche of Drepung Loseling Monastery)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:44:59 AM by Mana »

Mana

Re: Serkong/Jamseng Rinpoche's centres-Asia
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:00:27 AM »

Malaysia and Singapore are truly fortunate as the great Jamseng Tulku Rinpoche resides primarily in these two countries. He visits Taiwan often where Serkong Tritul Rinpoche resides.

We have been informed, but no details yet, Ven Jamseng Rinpoche had a huge exhibition of relics in the capitol of Malaysia attracting thousands. Despite bad press from Malaysian FPMT and various other centres advertised in local papers, the event was still a great success.

Can anyone provide links, information, details or pictures?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:00:12 AM by Mana »

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: Shugden Centres-Asia
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:26:06 AM »
They had one big exhibition in Singapore in Suntec convention centre as well at the end of year 2009, about 150,000 people  showed up for the International Buddha's Relics Arts & Cultural Exhibition. The latest exhibition in Malaysia was at Bukit Jalil Indoor Putra Stadium from Dec 23rd 2010 to Jan 1st 2011.

The organisation is pretty big and their exhibition is very impressive and very popular in this region I'd say. It's such a big event that they were out in the various newspapers in both countries.

Their organisation's website: http://kadhampa.org/EN/institute.htm
The event flyer/ programme (in Chinese): http://www.kadhampa.com/RelicsEvent2009-1.html

Statement from the Buddhist council against the event:http://blackandwhite999.blogspot.com/2010/12/press-statement-on-buddha-relics.html

Videos:
The exhibition:
Small | Large

The Fire puja:
Small | Large

One of the event at the main centre in Malaysia:
Small | Large

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:02:38 AM »
Thanks for the info, Vajraprotector. That's amazing - i rejoice that Dorje Shugden is so popular in the East. 150,000 people in 2009 - i wonder how many people showed up for the 2010 event. If they held it in a stadium, it must have been huge. I've heard that Serkong Tritul's organisation is very big with huge sponsors. Organisations like his and NKT show that the growth of Dorje Shugden practice will not be hindered by this discriminatory ban.

Re the press statement from the Malaysian Buddhist Council - I wonder if they would issue a similar statement to Lama Zopa's relic tour (http://www.maitreyaproject.org/en/relic/), though from the relics calendar, they do not have plans to go to Asia (http://www.maitreyaproject.org/en/relic/calendar.html). I would have thought that Asians would be more receptive to relics rather than the West but in this case, there seems to be strong criticism in Asia. Just goes to show how flawed my assumptions can be.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »
Im often confused as to their situation as several writes on here seem to be claiming the opposite that they are moving away from relying on Dorje shugden but hey ho must be a mistaken appearance.

beggar

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
What good news to hear about different centres practising Dorje Shugden throughout the world. I understand there are also NKT centres around the Asian regions, not surprising since they have so many centres throughout the world. Friends who have visited centres in asia have told me there are many politics in every individual country also. I guess this is not new - where there are people, there will be politics! I am unsure of the details, but I hear it is the same kind of problems we experience everywhere, like centres putting each other down, and pro-dalai lama centres being "against" Shugden centres.

This is quite sad to hear actually. Everyone has enough politics to deal with, without having to also deal with the complicated Tibetan government!

Rejoicing news to hear that that these shugden centres like Jamseng Rinpoche, Tritul Rinpoche and NKT centres are growing throughout Asia. Looks like the politics doesn't affect their practice anywhere. They prove Dorje Shugden "right" by their true practice and patience and respect at all times.

Zach

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
Well according to lightenings recent posting the Kadhampa sect has given up practising Dorje shugden but still recognises him as an enlightened protector. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1138.0
So they not really a shugden centre are they then ? Unless there is just a deep misunderstanding going on.  :D

Barzin

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:15:32 PM »
I have heard about Jamseng Tulku Rinpoche a lot, many have  also told me how successful their centres are throughout asia; but i was also told that they are practicing a demon as a protector.  Little knowledge do I know, I was asking myself how possibly can "a" Lama spreading teaching of a demon and thousands of devotees joined and the number doesn't just stop there?  The followers of Jamseng Tulku Rinpoche are I am sure faithful, devoted and most important of all, they are gaining and learning the knowledge of dharma.  If not, the centre would not grow if it is not authentic.  So the demon is behind all these? No one can subdue the demon I wondered?  So all these rumours did not make sense to me.  I have read dharma books, seen pictures & reviews about the centre's exhibition; it was all so wonderful!  The huge number of dedicated students together put on such a great big event which spreads Buddhism throughout different parts of the world to benefit all, if it is not credit then I don't know what is.  I rejoice at the achievement of Jamseng Rinpoche and his precious students effort for being who they are, authenticity, selflessly spreading Buddhism in different corners of the world.

dsiluvu

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »
I rejoice in their growth... it is inspiring to know that Ven Jamseng Rinpoche and Serkong Tritul Rinpoche are still practicing Dorje Shugden though they may appear and announce they are not due to TGIE's political agenda. They had to do what most high lama's are probably doing in the monasteries. I am sure it is not something they wish to do.

I know for a fact that they are still practicing because I have seen one of their free distribution books a friend brought back and in one of the pictures I saw clearly a Dorje Shugden thangka! I wish I can get the book and scan it. If I do get my hands on it I will definitely scan it.

So like many other Lamas who has to go underground with Dorje Shugden's practice for the time being until, which I am sure soon, this whole drama of the ban diffuses and fade. I believe it would happened probably when the Dalai Lama passes, sorry to say.

The TGIE should now instead of talking about Dorje Shugden should perhaps focus on their future and how they will sustain after their superstar disappears. Will their voices be even heard?  

Zach

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »
Why are they now keeping it quiet then ? They are certainly out of the way of TGIE control.

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 04:04:01 PM »
It never fails to inspire me, reading about the works of  great teachers. The challenges must be monumental, to bring Dharma to places where Dharma have not taken roots,..similar to the illustrious masters Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa who brought Buddhism to us, despite cultural differences, language barriers, mindsets, etc etc...

Not only the the lamas need to overcome all the challenges, now they are picked on, critisized, accused, ostrasized, literally persecuted for doing Dorje Shugden practice. All these lamas wish to do for us is to bring us happiness, but just look at what they are being reciprocated with.

beggar

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 05:25:25 AM »
Why are they now keeping it quiet then ? They are certainly out of the way of TGIE control.

Zach,
I guess there are many reasons why Lamas have chosen to practice  Dorje Shugden openly or not at this time. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, there are politics involved, and as these Lamas are teaching in all kinds of different circumstances around the world, and usually dealing with lay people who may not be as familiar with monastic traditions or the tibetan cultures and politics, they may have to take different measures.

i would not be inclined to see it as being deceptive (which some people do so, mistakenly), but rather a kind of skilful means that are adopted according to time, place, culture and according to what will be of most benefit to the beings at that place in the long term.

lightning

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »

. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, there are politics involved, and as these Lamas are teaching in all kinds of different circumstances around the world, and usually dealing with lay people who may not be as familiar with monastic traditions or the tibetan cultures and politics, they may have to take different measures.

i would not be inclined to see it as being deceptive (which some people do so, mistakenly), but rather a kind of skilful means that are adopted according to time, place, culture and according to what will be of most benefit to the beings at that place in the long term.
Agreed strongly with you on this statement. thanks! ;)

triesa

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »

Zach,
I guess there are many reasons why Lamas have chosen to practice  Dorje Shugden openly or not at this time. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, there are politics involved, and as these Lamas are teaching in all kinds of different circumstances around the world, and usually dealing with lay people who may not be as familiar with monastic traditions or the tibetan cultures and politics, they may have to take different measures.

I totally agree!  Very well said, and we must not use our deceptive minds to judge the actions of these high lamas.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 05:22:44 PM »
I fold my hands to Jamseng RInpoche and the scores of lama who keep the dorje shugden banner flying even though they are subject to criticism and misunderstanding. All to benefit the myriads of sentient beings.

Here the bodhisatttva or buddha wants to help beings and yet despite their pure intentions instead of gratitude people still criticise them. Yet they carry on their compassionate works for the sake of others!