Author Topic: His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Visit Srinagar on Special Invitation  (Read 6709 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Well this is odd. HHDL is making peace with the Tibetan muslims, but not to Dorje Shugden practitioners :( so he's treating them worse than the muslims? On one hand, it is nice to know that HHDL does care about all tibetans irregardless of their religion, but him being so cruel and harsh to Dorje Shugden practitioners is really something that contradicts whatever kindness he shows..

His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Visit Srinagar on Special Invitation
Thursday, 12 July 2012 17:11    Garima Sharma, Tibet Post International 

Dharamshala: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and the state government have invited His Holiness the Dalai Lama will to visit Srinagar on a special invitation from July12th to the 18th.

The Tibetan Public School was established in 1978 as a primary school for the Tibetan Muslims at Id-gah, Srinagar with 25 students and two teachers. Later on, the school shifted to Hawal in Srinagar and currently accommodates 550 students and 35 teachers with classes up to 10th standard.

Former education minister Kalon Thupten Lungrig of the Central Tibetan Administration, inaugurated the new school building in 2004.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama will also visit the resident Tibetan Muslim locality and will have an audience with older generations of the community during his stay.

His Holiness will be leaving Srinagar on 18 July for Leh and Laddakh, to impart a series of teachings and talks.

Positive Change

Re: His Holiness the Dalai Lama to Visit Srinagar on Special Invitation
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »
Well this is odd. HHDL is making peace with the Tibetan muslims, but not to Dorje Shugden practitioners  so he's treating them worse than the muslims? On one hand, it is nice to know that HHDL does care about all tibetans irregardless of their religion, but him being so cruel and harsh to Dorje Shugden practitioners is really something that contradicts whatever kindness he shows..

Dear Ensapa... It is good to show the disparities of HHDL actions to spur more thought and contemplation on the issue of the ban. However, please refrain from underlying insults as your above statement could be seen as negative especially if one was Muslim. The reason for this is because you used Muslims as a benchmark of a negative point.  Bad treatment is bad treatment and there is no better or worse. I am sure you did not mean it to be such but in the future do refrain from using another as a benchmark for negativity!

On HHDL being cruel and harsh, I do not believe it to be such. Yes the ban has created the situations for hardship amongst certain Dorje Shugden practitioners and that cannot be denied... however, it does not point to the fact that HHDL is cruel or harsh. If HHDL were, surely his acts of compassion would not exist. Why is it that the only contradiction with HHDL is the issue on the Dorje Shugden ban and NOTHING else.

To me this points at a consistency in HHDL's action. Why and what is the reason behind it remains to be seen. Do I agree with the ban being in place? NO! But would I protect HHDL's name? YES! Till we can understand the actions of a living Buddha, perhaps we should refrain from creating negative karma from disparaging such beings and instead, try to contemplate and focus on what is to be done. "Fight" with wisdom and compassion... not meaningless words of insult. If we know the ban is wrong, let us right the wrong and stop blaming!

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:23:53 AM »
Well this is odd. HHDL is making peace with the Tibetan muslims, but not to Dorje Shugden practitioners :( so he's treating them worse than the muslims? On one hand, it is nice to know that HHDL does care about all tibetans irregardless of their religion, but him being so cruel and harsh to Dorje Shugden practitioners is really something that contradicts whatever kindness he shows..

Lolololololo Ensapa... You are really funny! :D I really could not help but laugh X when I saw your first sentence... this is odd! This sure paints a rather odd picture in the Shugdenpas eyes... I am sure many questions would be raised likened to what you have said.

However... I must in some sense agree with Positive Change on the sensitivity of other religions mentioned though at the same time it does raise issues of unfairness and discrimination towards Dorje Shugden Lamas, sangha and practitioners. None the less it is only expected for His Holiness to show spiritual harmony and support towards other religion... kinda expected, except for Dorje Shugden. But you know what... the positive part is that... even though we have shun, put down, ostracized and blamed for any kind of murder... we are still here, firm, strong and dedicated to our lineage Gurus and our beloved protector. Perhaps this is the very qualities this so called Ban is stirring up and invoking in each Shugden practitioner... and in some sense we do have to thank His Holiness for this interesting circumstances.

I guess we can either choose to mop and cry the poor meeee story or we can rise above... and DO SOMETHING like spread Dorje Shugden's story, history, background MORE... and there is so many wonderful awesome FREE ideas on this site to keep us busy and going!

May the Ban be lifted soon! and  May His Holiness live long!

Positive Change

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »
And here is the article on HHDL's maiden visit to Kashmir Valley. This is truly remarkable even for this day and age. We do not really see HH the Pope doing this do we? No disrespect intended but merely an observation. I reckon the closest was HH Pope Benedict's trip to holy sites in Jerusalem which were Jewish and Muslim. If only all faiths came together to embrace the similarities and have tolerance for the differences... would it not be the best solution to peace in this bitter, unhappy and deluded world we live in!

July 13th 2012

Srinagar, J&K, India, 12 July 2012 (Press Trust of India) - Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama arrived here today on his maiden private visit to Kashmir during which he is scheduled to meet Tibetan refugees living in the Valley.

An elderly Tibetan Muslim woman in conversation with His Holiness the Dalai Lama on arrival at the Nehru State Guest House in Srinagar on 12 July 2012. Also in the photo is Jammu & Kashmir State Chief Minister Mr. Omar Abdullah. (Photo by Tenzin Choejor/OHHDL)

The Dalai Lama, who will be a state guest during his six-day stay in the Valley, was received at the airport by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah."The Chief Minister welcomed the (Buddhist) religious leader and conveyed his good wishes to him. Omar also enquired about the health of the Dalai Lama," an official spokesman said.

He said the Dalai Lama reciprocated the good wishes and prayed for peace, prosperity and development of the state.

This is the first visit of the Dalai Lama to Kashmir Valley. The spiritual leader, who recently retired from active politics, however, had visited Ladakh region of the state last year.

There are no public engagements for the Dalai Lama for Friday and Saturday, but he will meet the Tibetan refugees living in Kashmir on Sunday, officials said

The Dalai Lama has also expressed his desire to visit some tourist places like Gulmarg health resort during his stay in the Valley, the sources added.

http://www.dalailama.com/assets/media/news/2012_07_12_Srinagar_N01.jpg
An elderly Tibetan Muslim woman in conversation with His Holiness the Dalai Lama on arrival at the Nehru State Guest House in Srinagar on 12 July 2012. Also in the photo is Jammu & Kashmir State Chief Minister Mr. Omar Abdullah. (Photo by Tenzin Choejor/OHHDL)

http://www.dalailama.com/assets/media/news/2012_07_12_Srinagar_N02.jpg
A group of Tibetan Muslim girls rehearsing a dance to be performed during His Holiness the Dalai Lama's planned visit to the Tibetan Muslim community. (Photo by Tenzin Choejor/OHHDL)
"The Dalai Lama will visit a Tibetan school and Tibetan colony here on Sunday, while Monday and Tuesday have been marked as rest days for the Tibetan leader," sources said.

diamond girl

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
Firstly, thank you Positive Change for expressing your thoughts towards Ensapa in such a constructive manner. I believe people who read your comment will learn about 1) a view point but also 2) the spirit of this forum where we confront each other constructively with motivation that everyone learns and grow from the sharing.

Putting aside the controversy related to Dorje Shugden and HH the 14th Dalai Lama, I believe that as we enter deeper into the era of globalization, inter-religion harmony is of utmost importance should we wish to have a shot at world peace. Separation: where we view things in the light of yours–mine, us–them etc., causes misunderstanding, conflict of interest, war. Therefore, HH’s making effort to create peace and unity with other races, religion, culture and tradition of conflicting interest is a step towards world peace.

As an icon of peace, HH would obtain the publicity needed to create awareness about the need and benefit of such efforts. Publicity amongst and recognition will encourage the public to follow HH’s example and take steps towards creating one global community.

I heard in a Dharma talk that true Dharma is when individuals from various religious, culture and racial background can sit together at a dining table to enjoy a joyous meal over constructive conversation.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 10:11:29 PM »
On HHDL being cruel and harsh, I do not believe it to be such. Yes the ban has created the situations for hardship amongst certain Dorje Shugden practitioners and that cannot be denied... however, it does not point to the fact that HHDL is cruel or harsh. If HHDL were, surely his acts of compassion would not exist. Why is it that the only contradiction with HHDL is the issue on the Dorje Shugden ban and NOTHING else.

To me this points at a consistency in HHDL's action. Why and what is the reason behind it remains to be seen. Do I agree with the ban being in place? NO! But would I protect HHDL's name? YES! Till we can understand the actions of a living Buddha, perhaps we should refrain from creating negative karma from disparaging such beings and instead, try to contemplate and focus on what is to be done. "Fight" with wisdom and compassion... not meaningless words of insult. If we know the ban is wrong, let us right the wrong and stop blaming!

The more I think about it, the more I feel:

1) situations are harsh depending on the perspective of our mind. Physically, perhaps things are more difficult but doesnt the Dharma teach that we can view such situations as the purification of our negative karma? Id much rather think that way then spend my life blaming someone else. I take my example from the high lamas - Ive not heard Pabongka Rinpoche once complain about the way he has been treated, nor have I heard about Gangchen Rinpoche making any statements... and fer Chrissake the man has death threats and the CTA actively out to get him

2) why do we still care so much about what other people think? Just MYOB and only care about what your lama thinks. The time we save on bellyaching about other people can be put towards our practice

My 2p is all

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 03:51:26 AM »

The more I think about it, the more I feel:

1) situations are harsh depending on the perspective of our mind. Physically, perhaps things are more difficult but doesnt the Dharma teach that we can view such situations as the purification of our negative karma? Id much rather think that way then spend my life blaming someone else. I take my example from the high lamas - Ive not heard Pabongka Rinpoche once complain about the way he has been treated, nor have I heard about Gangchen Rinpoche making any statements... and fer Chrissake the man has death threats and the CTA actively out to get him

2) why do we still care so much about what other people think? Just MYOB and only care about what your lama thinks. The time we save on bellyaching about other people can be put towards our practice

My 2p is all

The whole point of this is to actually make us take a step back and look and contemplate at what HHDL is doing, and that we should investigate his actions as they could also be a Dharma teaching in disguise. HHDL has repeatedly and often told us to examine the Buddha's teachings, or any Dharma teaching at all and not accept it blindly. HHDL's radical actions are also quite interesting as nowhere in the history of Tibet where it says that HHDL went to visit the muslim colony of Tibet but why now? My question is why now? Why did HHDL not do these official visits in the past but why now? Perhaps, HHDL is coaching and mentoring Lobsang Sanggay by example of what he should be doing instead of hiding in Dharamsala. How can CTA improve and expand if it does not have allies? how can CTA expand if they do not actually go out and foster good relations with people? Perhaps, that is why HHDL has intensified his visits this year to many different religious institutions and meeting different religious figures. LS should really take a clue by now and do the same, at least.

I have not heard of Lobsang Sanggay doing any official state visits except of those with the indian government. No news of him visiting and addressing the Tibetans of Dharamsala, and no news of him at all of doing anything with the policies of the CTA. What has he been doing so far? Plotting and organizing more self immolations in Tibet? He has also mentioned before in another statement that self immolations have intensified in Tibet ever since he took over as if it was something to be proud of and as if it was an achievement of sorts and to date he has refused to make any hard statements against the self immolators. What else could it be? I hope he does show more leadership qualities and take over HHDL's role as the diplomat. HHDL is aging and he should not be allowed to make diplomatic visits when it is in reality the Kalon Tripa's job..why let HHDL do your work just because you wont do it? And they love and support the Dalai Lama but let the Dalai Lama do their jobs :(