Author Topic: Forum Re-Opened!!  (Read 10748 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Forum Re-Opened!!
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »

Dear Webmaster and Admin,

Thank you so much for opening the forum again. I am glad the issues were resolved. For a group of people (I think you are a group) who have put so much energy into THE MOST DEFINITIVE DORJE SHUGDEN WEBSITE IN THE WORLD, I don't think you'll simply close the forum or any part of the website for small reasons.

With folded hands and gratitude on behalf of all participants, I THANK YOU SO MUCH!

TK

WoselTenzin

Re: Forum Re-Opened!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »
Dear Admin and webmaster,

Thank you so much for reopening the forum.  I am so relieved that the forum is not closed permanently and I am sure many others who participate in this forum share the same feeling with me.  Although, I am a newbie in the forum, I have learned so much about what's happening in the DS world thru this forum and gained a much better understanding of the current situation.  For the period it was closed, I missed it very much.  I missed the forum community and all the feedback, comments and discussion.  I am glad that whatever problems or obstacles you have encountered earlier that led to the closure of the forum have been resolved.  Thank you once again for putting the forum online again.   

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »
whoooopeeee~!

I second what TK has to say!

Millions of thanks to the website admin for all their hard work and full dedication onto this website.

I will be forever loyal to Dorje Shugden and dorjeshugden.com

cheers

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:07:55 PM »
Dear Admin and Webmaster,

Thank you so much for re-opening the forum. Sometimes we don't realise how much we value something until we don't have it and i, for one, really missed not having the forum over the past few days. In fact, I was quite surprised at how much I missed this sacred space that i had more or less taken for granted.

I even thought to myself what if the whole site disappeared. What a great loss that would be. And what can i do to contribute to this space. Everything is done by you (whether as a group or singly) and all I do is just click and ta-da.... I can enjoy all the articles and videos you have painstakingly collected from various sources. So, I would like to humbly offer my help to dorjeshugden.com. If there is a way I can donate towards the expenses of the website (i couldn't find a donate button on the front page), please let me know how I can contribute. If there's anything else I can do to help this place grow, please also let me know.

In the meantime, I will promote this website and the facebook through whatever means I can.

With the greatest appreciation for all that you have done and are continuing to do,

love
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DoubleDorje

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
i absolutely agree with what Kate say "Sometimes we don't realise how much we value something until we don't have it and i, for one".

I'm glad the issues were resolved and thank you so much for reopen this forum. It will benefit to many people come to shugden practise through the information/media resource that you have provided. 

Please do let me know if there is any way that i can contribute in this website (like donation, resources or etc)

Once again, thank you for reopen the forum.

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 03:43:24 AM »
YES! The forum is re-opened. I've been thinking how fortunate I am to have this website. Not just for my own learning, but an amazing platform for us all to bring our Protector to the world. If we believe that King Dorje Shugden manifest especially for beings of this time, plagued by so much delusions and sufferings, then let us share and deposit our knowledge into this platform where so many can have access to.

Thank you dear webmaster, admin and whoever else for making this site available.
Let's make this site a definitive site, one-stop website where people can come and get all the information they need as well a supportive forum which has become an instrumental and crucial tool for learning and sharing. 

sincerely
DSFriend

honeydakini

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:23:01 AM »
Thank you dear Admin for putting the forum back on!

I have just logged on to the guest book  and seen the recent correspondence regarding the opening of another forum etc.

I understand Mohani and all's intention  to keep the group going and that opening another forum was not meant to be "betrayal." I do however think that as so much work has already been put into this website, and Admin have really been so kind as to provide such comprehensive and extensive resources about our holy protector, that we should continue to support this site and, instead of just opening a new place, look at what the site needs help with - and support in whatever way we can.

I do not see that the forum is just a stand-alone entity but is very much connected with the website as a whole - new people visiting the website will be directed to this wonderful space of discussion and learning; and vice versa. Opening a new forum is a good idea and i know it was meant with good intention, but ultimately, it dilutes the concentrated efforts, resources, information and energies that we have already built up strongly here. I think instead of looking so quickly at going elsewhere, we could have tried to prompt admin more to find out more of what we could have done as readers and regular forum visitors.

I wrote to admin at this point and they did respond though the contents are private. But what I did understand most from their correspondance with me is their need for greater, stronger participation and moderation. So we could have helped by driving more traffic to the site, instead of "leaving". This is precisely what they needed, after all, not for us to go elsewhere.

That said, of course I am extremely happy and grateful that the forum is back up and I urge everyone to lend their fullest support, now and  always in the future, even if such closures or hiccups do happen again. I think the strongest lesson to learn in this recent hiccup is the realisation that the people behind this website have done a tremendous amount for us which I'm sure we are very grateful for - what little effort can we invest back to help to keep it going? :)

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »
 :D Yahoo!

I am glad that the forum is back and kudos to the admin and team. I am glad they have not forsaken us and have worked hard to reinstate the forum. Whatever are the problems, may it never occur again.

I did realise the importance of this forum when it was down. There was a small tiff of some people on the guestbook wishing to migrate to another forum but hey! Why go somewhere when we can get so much info and support from within this forum. I don't think we can get it anywhere else.

Anyway, I am just glad the forum is back on and I plan to span more time learning more stuff here!

Big Uncle

cleojean

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 07:27:14 AM »
With folded hands and deep appreciation - thank you so very much for re-opening and I pray that all issues are resolved. I also humbly ask that all members and guests who have frequently used this Forum to show their concerted support and unified stand - SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE AND FORUM as solidly as how we would come together to support DS as a whole. If we do not do it here and do it well, how can we do the same elsewhere? So, please come together and become good examples of what DS practitioners should be. Become the inspiration NOW. THANK YOU, one and all.

Thank you dear Admin for putting the forum back on!

I have just logged on to the guest book  and seen the recent correspondence regarding the opening of another forum etc.

I understand Mohani and all's intention  to keep the group going and that opening another forum was not meant to be "betrayal." I do however think that as so much work has already been put into this website, and Admin have really been so kind as to provide such comprehensive and extensive resources about our holy protector, that we should continue to support this site and, instead of just opening a new place, look at what the site needs help with - and support in whatever way we can.

I do not see that the forum is just a stand-alone entity but is very much connected with the website as a whole - new people visiting the website will be directed to this wonderful space of discussion and learning; and vice versa. Opening a new forum is a good idea and i know it was meant with good intention, but ultimately, it dilutes the concentrated efforts, resources, information and energies that we have already built up strongly here. I think instead of looking so quickly at going elsewhere, we could have tried to prompt admin more to find out more of what we could have done as readers and regular forum visitors.

I wrote to admin at this point and they did respond though the contents are private. But what I did understand most from their correspondance with me is their need for greater, stronger participation and moderation. So we could have helped by driving more traffic to the site, instead of "leaving". This is precisely what they needed, after all, not for us to go elsewhere.

That said, of course I am extremely happy and grateful that the forum is back up and I urge everyone to lend their fullest support, now and  always in the future, even if such closures or hiccups do happen again. I think the strongest lesson to learn in this recent hiccup is the realisation that the people behind this website have done a tremendous amount for us which I'm sure we are very grateful for - what little effort can we invest back to help to keep it going? :)

Helena

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
Thank Buddhas that the Forum is back. Truly appreciate it. Some guidelines and rules on Forum behaviour would be truly helpful. I could certainly use the reminders on how to "behave and speak". Thank you for giving us the precious opportunity to keep sharing and learning. I will do my best to also help and promote. THANK YOU.
Helena

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
Home sweet home! :D

DSFriend

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 06:12:10 PM »
Home sweet home! :D

Ditto! It's really good to have the forum back. It felt like my living room went missing for awhile!
I've also noticed quite a few new people joined since the reopening of the forum. I'm sure there are many viewers on this site who never participated in the forum...but perhaps have decided to join in the after the reopening. It only goes to show how instrumental this site has been.

rejoicing!
DSFriend

Yeshe

• Email
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »
I am delighted to see the forum return, and equally saddened to see the really nasty attacks on Mohani, who selflessly provided a forum for us to use.  We had no idea how long this forum would be closed, nor whether it would ever re-open, and I deplore the attitude displayed here towards someone who simply wanted us all to be able to communicate once more.

We have a Dharmapala who protects our practice. This site is about that Dharmapala.  Posting insults on this site aimed at another sincere practitioner is shameful, and  I suggest that those whose anger was displayed should seek to examine whether their practice reflects compassion or self-cherishing ignorance.

I have been so dismayed by the behaviour of these members that I considered leaving.  The site deserves support and I urge those who gave vent to their anger to examine what their words have achieved both in terms of their own path and in support of the work of our Dharma Protector.

Rant over. Move on. ;)

A compassionate mind cannot be penetrated by anger or attachment.

a friend

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:14 PM »
Rant over. Move on.

Only if you move on with us.

Yeshe, I was observing for the first time the second part of your colophon. Is that the beginning of a vision, a dream ... ? Now I want to know.
And then what happened?
 ;)

icy

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 11:57:36 PM »
Lucky me, Forum Re-opened!  Just to say never take things for granted.  Enjoy and be educated as much as possible while one can.  Surely sharing and understanding in this special forum makes one wiser and educated.  The fortune to be in the circle of Lord Shugden wisdom and compassion.  THANK YOU for re-opening!!!