Author Topic: Shrine Photos  (Read 19596 times)

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
Shrine Photos
« on: June 04, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
To all who are interested please share photos of your Shrines with our protector. This is my shrine.
DevoteeofDorje

Zach

Re: Shrine Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »
Very Nice DD as soon as i figure out how to work the camera i'll see if i can get a few of mine on  :)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »

This is one of the personal Thangkas of Dorje Shugden and Kache Marpo of His Eminence Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche.

I thought it would be a blessing to share.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 06:59:05 PM »

I have just recieved these pictures literally 10 mins ago and would like to share. I am commissioning these two thangkas and it is one week away from being done. It is of course being hand painted. 

They will be presented as special gifts for people who have been good friends with me. It will be a great surprise for them. They will treasure these very much.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »

I thought I would share my personal Dorje Shugden shrine with everyone. I have many friends who have set up their shrines to Dorje Shugden very grand and beautifully also all around the world. I have a few shrines to Dorje Shugden.

I put the red lighting as an offering to Dorje Shugden. The thangka in the background I had specially commissioned.

May everyone be blessed.

TK

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »
Amazing. Where did you get the statue? :)
DevoteeofDorje

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »

Beautiful statues

The top one is of an 8 inch Dorje Shugden that is copper body and gold plated on top.

The bottom is of Traksey Shugden (most fiercest form) also 8 inches and made of copper.

These are prized and much treasured by myself.

TK
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:33:04 PM by tk »

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 07:35:22 PM »

I ordered the statues off the people of a site a few years back called i think www.dorjeshugden.net which sold many beautiful items. I don't think they are online anymore.

tK

DharmaDefender

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
Beautiful, I never tire of seeing his form...I especially liked the 8" one in goldl.jpg - I'd treasure it myself too! I've downloaded it to have a copy, I hope you don't mind. If only we could carry him around with us...there were some rumblings awhile back about pendants? Whatever happened to that?

thor

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »

The statue looks to be made of brass but has been "beautified" (sorry, bit disrespectful) by the numerous offerings on his face and body. Most likely from India where brass is commonly used.

Just for fun, I searched ebay for dorje shugden statues but there was zilch. Just this book http://www.amazon.com/Dorje-Shugden-controversy-Frederic-Miller/dp/6130079362

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
Awsome to see Karma Shugden in a small form.
The large Duldzin of TKs is the same as the one at our Centre. There is a Guy in India who makes them, he makes smaller ones also. I can pass on his contact details if people message me.

a friend

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 05:28:44 AM »

Dear TK:
Incredibly beautiful shrine!
I love the red light.
Kudos, I rejoice in your devotion.

mindyswales

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 05:41:06 PM »
Hi all,
thank you for sharing these photos of your personal shrines and images. I love them! I don't know why but there is something very warm and comforting about Dorje Shugden, even on the little brochure I picked up that brought me here haha!

I wanted to ask for some advice about setting up a shrine. I've wanted to do so for a long time but have been getting a lot of mixed opinions and advice which has been both confusing and sometimes also worrying. Some people say shrines have to be this way; others say it has to be another way. Some state that we cannot put different images of celestial beings from different religions. Some say that the altar has to be a certain measurement and height even!

I see that in the first photo, your altar looks quite modern and stylish and doesn't seem to have a traditional set up - is this allowed?

How can I set up a little shrine without stepping on any enlightened boots or tripping up anyone's enlightened lion? I don't have much space either so i won't be able to do a whole comprehensive set up as they do in monasteries or centres etc. Advice would be much much appreciated!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 06:36:31 PM »
Hi all,
thank you for sharing these photos of your personal shrines and images. I love them! I don't know why but there is something very warm and comforting about Dorje Shugden, even on the little brochure I picked up that brought me here haha!

I wanted to ask for some advice about setting up a shrine. I've wanted to do so for a long time but have been getting a lot of mixed opinions and advice which has been both confusing and sometimes also worrying. Some people say shrines have to be this way; others say it has to be another way. Some state that we cannot put different images of celestial beings from different religions. Some say that the altar has to be a certain measurement and height even!

I see that in the first photo, your altar looks quite modern and stylish and doesn't seem to have a traditional set up - is this allowed?

How can I set up a little shrine without stepping on any enlightened boots or tripping up anyone's enlightened lion? I don't have much space either so i won't be able to do a whole comprehensive set up as they do in monasteries or centres etc. Advice would be much much appreciated!

Hi Mindy,

In general, the placement of items on the altar should be as follows: from left to right, a dharma scripture, the statue, and a stupa. The scripture represents the Buddha's enlightened speech the statue the Buddha's enlightened body, and the stupa the Buddha's enlightened mind.

Of course a modern and stylish altar set-up is allowed...there's nothing wrong with making beautiful offerings to the Buddhas, in whatever way you feel is the most creative or aesthetically pleasing. As an enlightened being, Dorje Shugden abides in non-duality...he doesn't hold any preference so you're not going to be "stepping on any enlightened boots or tripping up anyone's enlightened lion" if you put him next to images of other celestial beings!

I've seen some friends' altars where the space around Dorje Shugden is covered in swathes of twinkling fairy lights. Back in university, I only had a very narrow shelf for my altar (it wasn't a big room at all). I couldn't even burn incense, or it'd set off our smoke alarms! On a friend's suggestion, I made origami offerings (seriously), as well as water offerings in the space I had...so no large tormas and butterlamp offerings for me! ;)

The key is that the offerings are made from the heart, not begrudgingly or with disrespect (e.g. your leftovers). Offer the best you can, with a good motivation and you're good to go. Snow Lion have a good article on how to set up an altar (http://www.snowlionpub.com/pages/altar.html)...good luck!

Anyone else anything to add? I'm sure I missed out stuff.

dsnowlion

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »
Hi mindyswales,

Of course you can make your personal altar modern and stylish. Doreje Shugden is a Buddha (manjushri) and he accepts what is sincere. If there's space constrains, you can set up with minimal offerings, if u really don't have the space. At least one offering like light (candle symbolises light/wisdom) can be done daily.

In my house I have limited space so my set up is with a butterlamp, at times I offer milk, beer, tea, yogurt drink, water, food or whatever I buy outside that I like most.
It is always good to buy what you like best and offer it up. Of course if you have the means for it, you can offer pearls, gems stones, gold etc to DS.

But the very basic is 7bowls of water and a butterlamp would be good. Oh also an incense burner for incense, this can be place on the floor. Most important is the sincerity of the offerings :)

Good luck and Hope you set your altar up soon. Do send us a picture when you have ;)

dsnowlion

I will take a picture of my DS shrine to put up and share soon.