Author Topic: Shrine Photos  (Read 19598 times)

dsnowlion

Re: Shrine Photos
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 06:55:09 PM »
Wow! Tk your DS statue is so alive!

I like the red lighting effect.

Thank you for also sharing HH Trijang Rinpoche's thangka! It is beautiful and very wrathful - I like! It's very different from many of DS paintings I've seen. Here DS's face looks a bit like Setrap and very nice!

How bless we are to have an audience with so many DS esp one belonging to HH Trijang Rinpoche.

Dsnowlion

DSFriend

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 07:18:28 AM »

This is one of the personal Thangkas of Dorje Shugden and Kache Marpo of His Eminence Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche.

I thought it would be a blessing to share.

TK

WOW!! Thank you TK for sharing these thangkhas...very happy to receive these pictures.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »

Beautiful statues

The top one is of an 8 inch Dorje Shugden that is copper body and gold plated on top.

The bottom is of Traksey Shugden (most fiercest form) also 8 inches and made of copper.

These are prized and much treasured by myself.

TK

OH MY.... how absolutely STUNNING.... i LOVE the statues!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing... you made my heart go pitterpop! May I have the merit one day to have these beautiful images! Oh dear.. did i sound very covetous...
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 04:48:48 AM »
It is very beautiful that in all the traditions of Buddhism, setting up of altars exist to help us constantly remind ourselves of what true Buddha natures is. Everything that we do on our altars, cleaning, arranging offerings, filling offerings bowls with water, tea, milk are expressions of our devotions which in turns transforms our conscious efforts into waters which will nurture our seeds of enlightenment.

I think part of our devotion to lord Shugden is shown on our altars! and it is very heart warming and comforting to see so many beautiful altars of our fellow shugdenites here. I love love love the altar with the red back light by TK! Indeed all our DS statues are so alive, but let's move him one step further out into reality by promoting his qualities, activities and prayers!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »

Beautiful statues

The top one is of an 8 inch Dorje Shugden that is copper body and gold plated on top.

The bottom is of Traksey Shugden (most fiercest form) also 8 inches and made of copper.

These are prized and much treasured by myself.

TK

OH MY.... how absolutely STUNNING.... i LOVE the statues!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing... you made my heart go pitterpop! May I have the merit one day to have these beautiful images! Oh dear.. did i sound very covetous...

Is it so wrong to covet Dharmic things? I don't mean to the point of becoming attached where we are disappointed when we don't receive them. However, a desire for Dharma items can be converted into a love of Dharma itself, right? Maybe that's easier to work with, than someone who is totally apathetic? Plus, I'd rather covet a Protector statue than the latest DVD :)

honeydakini

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »

Is it so wrong to covet Dharmic things? I don't mean to the point of becoming attached where we are disappointed when we don't receive them. However, a desire for Dharma items can be converted into a love of Dharma itself, right? Maybe that's easier to work with, than someone who is totally apathetic? Plus, I'd rather covet a Protector statue than the latest DVD :)

Hahah I can totally emphatise with that! It just seems that I can never have enough Buddha images and statues for example!

I guess, as with anything, it is our motivation behind coveting these Dharma items. You know those phoneys who have really grand altars and have very elaborate expensive set-ups just to show off? I'm sure that they way they covet having a big beautiful Buddha statue is a very different kind of "covet" from the wish that a sincere, perhaps simple practitioner would have for the same statue. I guess the how "good or bad" the coveting/wishin'/hopin' is in relation to how much we sincerely and truly understand the benefits of having this statue. Some people "covet" Buddha images or Dharmic items because they want to badly to be able to give the image away to others and thereby provide them with a holy image/item for their practice. That's certainly a wonderful kind of coveting...

but yes, I also agree with you that as anything in relation to a Buddha is more positive than something secular and mundane, there would be some benefit in "switching" our object of coveting to something higher I.e. better to have a Buddha statue on your birthday wish list than the latest fashion item!

(How many times have I said the word "covet" in this post, gee!)

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »
This is a video of my shrine.
Small | Large
DevoteeofDorje

dsnowlion

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »
Thank you for showing us a video of your private shrine DD :)

It's always nice to see how sincere people are towards their practice. The red Vajrayogini tsa tsa you have is very nice, where did you get that from?

xdsnowlion

DharmapalasDharma

• Shugden
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 10:17:13 PM »
I got it at Deer Park Buddhist Center. I think they have bunch of them that they import from FPMT
DevoteeofDorje

DharmaDefender

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »

Hahah I can totally emphatise with that! It just seems that I can never have enough Buddha images and statues for example!

I guess, as with anything, it is our motivation behind coveting these Dharma items. You know those phoneys who have really grand altars and have very elaborate expensive set-ups just to show off? I'm sure that they way they covet having a big beautiful Buddha statue is a very different kind of "covet" from the wish that a sincere, perhaps simple practitioner would have for the same statue. I guess the how "good or bad" the coveting/wishin'/hopin' is in relation to how much we sincerely and truly understand the benefits of having this statue. Some people "covet" Buddha images or Dharmic items because they want to badly to be able to give the image away to others and thereby provide them with a holy image/item for their practice. That's certainly a wonderful kind of coveting...

but yes, I also agree with you that as anything in relation to a Buddha is more positive than something secular and mundane, there would be some benefit in "switching" our object of coveting to something higher I.e. better to have a Buddha statue on your birthday wish list than the latest fashion item!

(How many times have I said the word "covet" in this post, gee!)

Hahaha HD, I would not have guessed how covetous you were over Protector statues :P

There IS that warning about falling for the outer trappings of spiritual practice, without real results to show for it which, as has been explained to me, is why many deities don't manifest miracles anymore. Anyway, the real miracle is inner transformation...pfft, anyone can fly over mountains or walk over rivers ;)

I think it has always been (and always will be) about the motivation. Isn't that what determines if an action produces merit or karma?

dsnowlion

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 12:04:10 AM »
I got it at Deer Park Buddhist Center. I think they have bunch of them that they import from FPMT

Thank you for the info. Another place to get very nice tsatsas and other practice items and where I shop at times are here... check it out
http://kechara.com/eshop/category.php?id=35

xdsnowlion

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »
Just been enjoying making these lovely Je Tsongkhapa pewter Tsa Tsas..

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »
Just been enjoying making these lovely Je Tsongkhapa pewter Tsa Tsas..

How absolutely lovely Mohani - did you design them? do you do cast them at home or? Are you doing your preliminary practice of 100K tsa tsas? :)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »
Hi Kate-la
I didn't design them. I made a mold of a resin tsa tsa a good friend gave me. Yes I have been casting at home in my kitchen. I had a nice surprise the other day when I got home from work and my three year old daughter had made me a Tsongkhapa using plaster of paris (with some help from my wife)  :)
I am not doing it as an official preliminary practice, just a nice hobby to keep busy hands doing something virtuous, and to bring more Je Tsongkhapas into this world.  ;)

icy

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 01:36:31 AM »
Thank you for sharing with us all the beautiful images of Lord Shugden!