Author Topic: Ganden Tripa Contact Info:  (Read 7629 times)

Alexis

Ganden Tripa Contact Info:
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »
Please find here HE Ganden Tripa's Center contact info in France:

Please call on him to intervene in this matter as he is the head of Gelugpa tradition and is committed to protect it!

http://www.thardeuling.com/

http://www.thardeuling.com/contact_173.htm

(Their website is a bit old - last scheduled event in october 2006!)

Anybody has a more recent contact info on HE Ganden tripa? We should petition him to intervene!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:22:13 AM by Alexis »

a friend

Re: Ganden Tripa Contact Info:
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:37:28 AM »
Cher Alexis,

I was thinking about your proposal, and my own question to the Forum, about ways of making the Indian government to intervene in help of the persecuted Sangha of Southern India.

Remembering the old battles back in 1996, I can say first that we, Westerners, are practically laughed at or ignored by oriental governments, to begin with by the one in Dharamsala. Our numbers as Western practitioners are minuscule to face such power as the government of HHDL, a man who was friends with Nehru and Indira Gandhi, and to talk against both government and DL to the Indian government. It would be a waste of time and another reversal for our people.

Another thing is that the Indian government knows to the minutest detail of the situation. Their Intelligence Service is among the most all pervading and accurate in the world. If it doesn't act is because it doesn't want to. Because of this, I don't think that writing to its consulates or embassies would do the trick, it's a matter of lack of numbers and power.
They might be more interested, though, if one or more main Indian newspapers talk about the situation, if they give the information and best of all, if they write an editorial paper about it. Then the government might perhaps be motivated to take some action.

Now, I don't think it should be us, Westerners, to go and try contacting the Press. It should be someone like Zawa Rinpoche and some other Tibetans living in the West, and they should do it as Tibetans alerting of the dire situation of their fellow Tibetan monks and demanding help for them.

Dear Zawa Rinpoche, what do you think about this?

Alexis

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:05:27 AM »
Très cher Ami,

You are partially right and this is one reason why I deleted my post on this topic (embassies). However, I don't want to look back in a few years and notice that I sat on my two hands while the pillars of our traditions got sacked and Vajra brothers abused. It just doesn't feel right and since this news came I have a hard time finding peace in my practice.

Also, concerning Tibetans getting involved, you could also say that since Lamas like Gonsar Rimpoche, Gangchen Rimpoche and others were not successfull before, they probably won't be successfull now either in stoping this purge.

If we look at it like this, then there is not much anybody can do. I just hope these monks in the south have access to an Oracle who can give them advice and promise protection.

For the time being, I'll keep on praying for them in my Serkyem.....

Rowntree

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »
Looking back at this conversation, it reminded me how much others have done and are still worrying about the ban that harms so many. In the early days, it was disappointing to see no Tibetans stood up for their samaya with their Guru and the Dorje Shugden lineage. Thupten Jinpa was a huge disappointment as he kept quiet and rides on His Holiness' fame for his own benefits. His Guru was the previous reincarnation of Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche who was highly respected within the Tibetan Buddhist world. He was considered equal to masters like H.H. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche and of course a firm practitioner of Dorje Shugden.

dsnowlion

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:37:50 AM »
Looking back at this conversation, it reminded me how much others have done and are still worrying about the ban that harms so many. In the early days, it was disappointing to see no Tibetans stood up for their samaya with their Guru and the Dorje Shugden lineage. Thupten Jinpa was a huge disappointment as he kept quiet and rides on His Holiness' fame for his own benefits. His Guru was the previous reincarnation of Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche who was highly respected within the Tibetan Buddhist world. He was considered equal to masters like H.H. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche and of course a firm practitioner of Dorje Shugden.

Rowntree very true what you say here. In the past not many would speak up for fear of their lives will be taken threatened by the CTA, but when one or two people are consistent, it inspires courage and creates hope for a better tomorrow. The "fight" is not over but we can see a great change in the entire political scene. With China booming and rising as the world's no.1 superpower, it will help preserve Dorje Shugden's lineage even more. And all this is actually made possible, if we think about it and analyse it deeply, it is because of the Dalai Lama.

Look if the Dalai Lama did not open his mouth and suddenly woke and decided to condemn Dorje Shugden, faulting the practice and give illogical reasons for it, reasons no real Buddhist scholar cannot debate out and defeat, none of this would have happened. China would not have even heard of Dorje Shugden, let alone promote it or protect it. So whatever Dalai Lama was hoping for, if it was to destroy the Shugden lineage, well let's just say the OPPOSITE has happened. And if Dalai Lama keeps talking about Shugden, the strong it will grow  ;)

pemachen

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 03:53:37 AM »
Political change is one thing, but always trust in the higher beings and enlightened masters. Remember that things are not always what they seem.

"There is something I must mention at this point.  As stated above, the Great Fifth Dalai Lama and Omniscient Panchen Rinpoche were like Lords of the Teachings. In actuality they are, respectively, Arya Avalokiteswara and Buddha Amitabha emanating in the human form of special holy beings. Yet this Lord of Dharma Protectors exhibited an ability to harm or destroy them, and such events as the Great Fifth, having been able to summon this Dharmapala to be burned with intense samadhi but not accomplish it, also shows that the enlightening activities of these great masters and those of this Dharmapala are each as mutually universal and pervasive as the other. But some who are narrow minded, not understanding this point, consider this Dharmapala to be like an ordinary worldly being and, with supposed faith in the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama, disparage him; or else they indeed admire this great Dharmapala but criticize the Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama.

Using either one as a reason not to admire the other and speaking badly about either in any way is the conduct of an ordinary being who, under the influence of attachment and hatred, just tries to help friends and hurt enemies; it obscures the increase of these great holy Aryas' deeds and creates the karmic cause to experience unbearable suffering in the future. Why is this true? Because it is utterly impossible that such great beings, who are special emanations of Arya Avalokiteswara and Buddha Amitabha, could lack the power to overcome the harmful force of any sort of magical spell, harmful demon, or spirit. This is because they are both powerful Lords who have overcome external and internal maras without exception. "

Music Delighting the Ocean of Protectors, pp. 125