Author Topic: www.serpommonastery.org  (Read 12226 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
www.serpommonastery.org
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:19:47 PM »
Dear Dharma Brothers and Sisters,

For your kind information, we have recently opened a homepage known as  www.serpommonastery.org, containing brief information concerning the monastery and its spiritual activities.

The purpose of the homepage is to preserve and maintain Nyengyu Tradition, as well as to inform the upcoming spiritual festivals and programs to our patrons and well-wishers.

And we appreciate your feedback regarding our homepage.

May Nyengyu Tradition and Peace prevail across the world!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: www.serpommonastery.org
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 02:43:42 PM »
This is just fantastic. Thanks TK.

How very nice it would be if Shar Gaden had an official website as well.

dsnowlion

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »
Excellent! Rejoice as more and more Dorje Shugden monasteries, chapels and temples are being formed. It goes to show that Dorje Shugden is a Dharma protector and that if we all bend together and focus on spreading Dharma in our own idividul centers, monastery, temples etc. then nothing can stop it from happening - Ban or no ban.

Thank you Tk for sharing this good news and always giving us a moral bost!

honeydakini

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »
Thank you TK! I have been to the website and am very well impressed by the whole website. The photographs are really amazing and show the true success of Serpom & what can be achieved by these monks who have such great faith in their practice, their yidams and Dorje Shugden. (Well, the TGIE certainly can't say they have any website better than this, so as far as results go, it looks like Dorje Shugden practitioners are far more efficient, beneficial and capable than those who go around suppressing and attacking the practice!)

I too am looking forward to seeing a similar website for Shar Gaden. The videos on Shar Gaden's opening and the oracle taking trance are already a great inspiration - a bit thank you to admin for posting those up also and showing us what these monks can achieve by their practice.

It certainly goes to show that DS institutions all over the world are flourishing in the face of adversity and suppression. It shows the true heart of practice which is tenacity and an unceasing capacity to have compassion for the world, which drives them to move onwards and upwards, no matter what the circumstances. I certainly take great strength in that!

DharmaDefender

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 04:18:26 PM »
Thank you for posting the link TK, and congratulations - I just had a look and it is a beautifully-done website. The site in general is very non-intimidating and welcoming, and very focused on the Dharma...it's great for newcomers who Google 'Serpom'.

Just a few quick comments:

1) seems that the http://serpommonastery.org/longdistanceadoption.html page doesn't load properly at the bottom. Perhaps it's just on my browser, but is anyone else finding the same problem too?

2) I think the abbot's name is misspelt on http://serpommonastery.org/monasticadministrators.html ("His Eminence Kyabje Yongya Rinpoche" instead of "His Eminence Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche")

3) I particularly like the photo of the gompa with the hanging lights out front, as well as http://serpommonastery.org/underserpommonastery.html ...it's very informative and shows that monasteries do actively engage in social work to help the people.

Again, congrats on the beautiful website and thank you for opening it up to the world! It's websites like these that show monasteries can (and will) continue to flourish despite whatever adversities they face, if they are truly practising the Dharma.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:19:57 PM by DharmaDefender »

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »
Dear TK,

Thank you for creating this site! By the way, are you a monk from Serpom?

I just showed a friend of mine the serpommonastery.org website and we were saying that Dorje Shugden really provides resources for his practitioners to be able to offer such a good web presence for this monastery! It's amazing that in such a short time, this monastery has manifested and with such a strong Sangha and it looks very dynamic.

This website provides a lot of useful info for a lay person like me to know, e.g. what Serpom's history is and the monks' daily schedule is like. I love the photo gallery too - really great pictures. Can i take some to put on my facebook?

Many thanks and yes - it would be great for Shar Gaden to have an official site! So far they only have a blog site that i have found.

Love
Kate

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »
WOW! TK, this this website is fabulous!

I rejoice very much that this website exists.

1) It looks modern and very appealing

2) I love reading the About Us section as it is very inspiring to know how much effort and challenges these monks went through. Reminds me of how my Guru shared about how Gaden Shartse in Mundgod started..that the monks went through so much and were even attacked by Tigers while clearing the land!

3) It is very educational to read what goes on in "a day in the life of a Monk"...including their rest time. :) Makes me think how i can incorporate more dharma related activities into my daily life

4) the PICTURES ARE FANTASTIC!

5) Not sure if it's my internet browser...but i can't view the Long Distance Adoption section. I'm thinking perhaps this is where people from around the world can be apart of Serpom Monastery through financial support. It'd be great to have this opportunity to contribute funds via online.

with folded hands
DK

Alexis Ball

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 07:13:18 PM »
Thank you TK for posting this significant and joyous news!

I rejoice for this website. Adding to what the others have said it, once again this marks evidence how DS practitioners are growing and growing with the modern times of technology. An informative and simple to navigate website. Beautiful pictures and glorious colors!

A true moment of happiness!

Big Uncle

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »
Wow! This is wonderful news that a Dorje Shugden monastery like Serpom has such a wonderful website. It is really colorful and inviting. It means that Dorje Shugden's practice will have a chance the survive and another cause for the ban to slowly fade away.

Midakpa

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »
Congratulations! The monastery is magnificent. I hope there will be more like it, creating the causes for the practice of Dorje Shugden to flourish.

honeydakini

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »
I was thinking that it would be really great to have more photos of these monasteries (Shar Gaden, Serpom etc) on this website, to show how these new DS monasteries are coming up and flourishing. Have any of you visited these monasteries and have photographs to share? And would these monasteries mind having photographs of their monasteries posted up here?

I'm sure many DS practitioners around the world would benefit from seeing these monasteries grow and hearing news about their Dharma work, practices, activities, growth etc. For example, there's quite a lot of information floating about on facebook - would be good if we can share resources and news with them, if the website admin would be willing?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:50 PM »
HoneyD,

There's a list of monasteries on this website as below, with the links on http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?cat=5

* Serpom Thösam Norling Monastery, Bylakuppe, India (updated)
    * Dorje Shugden Monastery in Chakzamka, Riwoche, Tibet Kham Area
    * Phelgyeling Monastery
    * Dorje Shugden in Denma Gonsa Rinpoche’s Monastery
    * Shar Gaden Monastery, India
    * Monastery with Dorje Shugden in Nepal
    * Monastery with Dorje Shugden in Chamdo, Tibet
    * First Dorje Shugden Temple in Taiwan (Hualian)
    * Monastery with Dorje Shugden in Kham
    * Monastery with Dorje Shugden in Mongolia
    * Trijang Rinpoche’s Sampheling Monastery
    * Tritul Rinpoche’s Temple in New Zealand

Happy browsing :)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Geronimo

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 04:00:22 AM »

thor

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 02:43:46 AM »
Great website and a fitting representation for a Dorje Shugden monastery. This site beats those of the more established monasteries hands down - the photos are particularly well done. Great work.

I had the chance to meet one of the monks who were part of the main committee to build the new Serpom gompa - this was back in mid 2009 in Kathmandu. His english was excellent and so were his computer skills. I learnt that most of the gompa dimensions were specified by this monk based on hours of studying the scriptures to determine the correct and traditional way of doing such things. His dedication to his job was truely inspiring. Why am I writing all this? I want everyone to know how hard these hero monks are working against all odds to keep Dorje Shugden's tradition and practice alive. They are the ones holding the lineage intact for future generations. Please remember them and support them always.

The website is another testament to how hard the monks of Serpom are working. I look forward to Shar Gaden's website which I am sure will be coming soon.

Geronimo

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 04:34:35 AM »
CHÖ KYÖN SE TRAB CHEN PÖ TRIN CHÖL SHUQ SO
Prayer to the Great Protector Setrab Chen

DE TONG YIN TANG KAR SHUG NÄ CHOQ NÄ
DAG GI GÖN PUNG CHEN PO SE TRAB CHEN
TRÜL PA YANG TRÜL KHOR TSOG BUM DHEY PUNG
NYING NÄ CHEN DREN NÄ DIR SHEK SU SÖL

From the nature of bliss-void or any other place
My Great Protector, powerful Setrab Chen
Your manifestations and re-manifestations, and retinues of hundreds of thousands
I appeal and invoke from the bottom of my heart, please be near.

DÜN KI LHA LAM YANG PÄ ZHÄ YEY SU
PÄ NYI DRA GEK NÖL WÄ DHÄN TENG DÜ
TUL PÄ CHÖ GYÄ CHEN PO PUNG TSOG CHEY
TREN PA DEY SI TEN PAR ZHUG SU SÖ

At the center of your mandala, created before me in open space,
Your lotus-sun cushion flattens all obstacles and evils.
Great manifested Dharma King, together with your retinue,
While there is meditation, you are requested to firmly remain.

DE CHEN GON PO SE YE TRAB CHEN LA
DE CHEN YE SHEY CHÖ TRIN GYA TSÖ TSOG
DHE KYONG NÖ TU DANG WÄ BÜL LAG NA
DEY TONG YER ME YING SU ZHEY SU SÖ

To you, the leader of great bliss, Setrabchen,
I offer with enthusiastic inspiration, in the cup of bliss-protection,
The great offerings whose nature is bliss-void and wisdom.
Please accept them, with the ultimate bliss-void attitude.

NYI MEY YE SHEY LEY JUNG CHÖ GYÄ CHEY
THUG DANG GEL KUN MIK MEY YING SU SHAQ
DHAM KANG ZÄ SOQ KUN SANG CHÖ TING DHANG
YI CHI TSHE CHIK SÖL DEB THUK DHAM KANG

Dharma King, who appears from the wisdom which is inseparable from bliss,
I purify in the nature of void all actions which oppose your thoughts.
I offer to you not only offerings in general, but all the materials which are required for morale boosting,
Together with whole-hearted trust.

JANG TOK BAR WÄ MAR CHEN TOK TSOK DANG
DZEY MEY MEN KYI CHÖ PA AMRITA
RAB JAM KYÖN KUNG KANG TE BÜL LAG NA
KHEY KYI THU YII GYEY GUR RÖ PAR DZÖ

Which has been purified, transformed, and multiplied,
I offer to you the great red torma
And the infinite Amrita, the nectar offering, filling up all universes.
By your power, please accept and enjoy.

GYEY KUN NYING JEY NGO O RI TAK DZIN
KHEN PAY RANG SUK ZHUN NYU CHA LUQ CHEN
THU TOB WANG CHUK SANG WÄ DAK PO TÄ
YHER MEY NGAM PÄ SUK CHANG KYÖ LA TÖ

One who holds the sign of the animal skin, and embodies the love and compassion of all the Victors,
One who appears youthfully, and who embodies the Conqueror’s wisdom
One who holds the inconceivable tantra, and who embodies the Buddha’s capabilities,
I praise you, who appear terrifically though inseparable from these three.

KYÜ NI NEL JOR DRA LHA CHEN PO TÄ
THU TOB DZU TRÜL PEY LA WANG CHUK PEY
PAL DEN LA MÄ KU TSEY DZEY TRIN TRANG
GEY DEN LU SANG KUN TU GYE PAR DZÖ

You are the great helper of yogis,
Because you command glorious extraordinary mystical power and capability,
And can influence the long-life of the Gurus who
Spread the infinite activity of the impeccable virtuous system.

PAL SANG JEWEL HEART CHÖ DI DANG
NYA REY KHANG TSEN PÖ LOB CHÖ YÖN GYI
CHÖ JOR GEY LEK DÖ GU RAP GEYI SHING
DREL TSEY KUN KYANG DÖN DHÄN GYUR WAR DZÖ

May the holy assemblies which follow this system, and especially the glorious, sacred Jewel Heart Dharma assemblies
Its teachers, leaders, inspired participants and benefactors,
Prosper spiritually and materially while remaining in good health.
May all those who even briefly interact become worthwhile.

DAQ KI KYE WÄ TRING WAR TEN PEY LHA
KYÖ LA TSEY CHIK NYING NEL SOL TAP NA
DHEY NEY CHANG CHUB NYING PO MA THOP PAR
DREL MEY DAK SOK GÖN KYAB PUNG NYEN DZÖ

From the bottom of my heart I single-pointedly address you.
You, the Protector, who has been connected with me for a number of lives,
From today until enlightenment,
Please remain inseparably with me and my circle as our Defender, Protector, Supporter and Friend without interruption.

HO:
TRAK KHA CHEN PO SE TRAB CHEN
NEW LOU TSEN JE GYEL PO
TRUL PA TRUK DANG YANG TRUL SOK
KHOR CHEY DHAM CHEN PUNG KI TSOK
SÖL LÖ CHÖ TÖ NYEN TEY TO
DRUP PO BÖ TÖ NYEN MA RING
BEY DHO KUL LÖ THU MA ZHEN
KHYÖ LA CHÖL LÖ THUK MA RING
KHYEY PAR YI LA NAK PÄ DHÖN
MA THOK LHUN KYI DRUP PAR DZÖ

Ho:
O, Setrabchen, Protector, Defender,
With your six prime manifestations including
New Lutsen, Je Gyel Po, re-manifestations including
I make offerings to you,
I praise you, please take this responsibility,
I contemplate, I call upon you, please pay attention.
I appeal to you, I beseech you,
Please grant especially these requests,
And make it happen spontaneously,
Effortlessly, right now.

Colophon:
This prayer was composed at the request of many Dharma friends, especially my long-time associate, Geshe Tsewang Thondup, who gave a scarf and other gifts. As far as I am concerned, there are clear signs which indicate this great protector has been safeguarding me for many lives. At this time especially there is a strong need for a prayer to the great Setrabchen, and remembering his kindness, I, Ngawang Gelek, composed it spontaneously before dawn on the second of October, 1981, at my own place, Garden of Great Bliss. Translation into English was completed during July of 1989 while on a teaching tour of Malaysia. At this time, the section referring to Jewel Heart was composed and inserted in both the English and Tibetan prayers.