Author Topic: Moderators, where are y'all?  (Read 4130 times)

Questionable

Moderators, where are y'all?
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:35:13 PM »
Does anyone know where the moderators are?  It seems like they are long gone and all we have are few members and a deluded brother.  Could the site already die please or at least be controlled?  With the constant posts of our brother ranting about things that an amateur should not be indulging in, could there be an IP ban on him or a moderator to control him?

SabS

Re: Moderators, where are y'all?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 04:32:42 AM »
Hi Questionable, I am not a moderator and I feel that your request is quite unreasonable. Why does it matter if a brother is "ranting"? If I am not wrong, this site allows all to have their opinions which I find a good practice of allowing freedom and acceptance of differences. It is this unbias stance that allows the truth to be disseminated with logic. If the brother wants to "rant" then just reply in a nice way or just accept and move on. Good self practice, don't you think? Ask "why am I bothered by his ranting". This site had helped me learn through all the different comments, some I agree, some I may not. Its good to learn from both sides.

thaimonk

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 12:22:56 PM »
I agree with Sabs. Unless someone's life is in danger or some other threats or whatever, we should have freedom of speech. I like it here because the moderators are not fanatical, narrow and controlling. I've been to other places where the moderators are really control freaks. No freedom to talk about many things.

Questionable, just ignore the person that bothers you because you are in a public forum and the public will have varying opinions. Share your wisdom and ignore those who you don't agree with.  :)

dsnowlion

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »
Hi Questionable, rest assured the moderators are around and they will kick out those that misbehave and start being impolite/rude/vulgar. Yes I know and have seen some crazy rantings but I guess the moderators are being fair and allow freedom of speech unless it becomes out of hand and if it harms/hurt people, but seriously the only one this brother is hurting is himself, because no one gets so bothered over a subject more than him.

So take the advice of SabS and thaimonk and just ignore the poor dude and move on, he's not been getting much attention and this is the only place he has that allows him to voice his opinion as crazy as it may seem. Unless he is threatening or being abusive, then it is a different story.  8)

Rowntree

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 06:10:51 PM »
Does anyone know where the moderators are?  It seems like they are long gone and all we have are few members and a deluded brother.  Could the site already die please or at least be controlled?  With the constant posts of our brother ranting about things that an amateur should not be indulging in, could there be an IP ban on him or a moderator to control him?

Why ban anyone just because you do not agree with his point of view? You are not expected to agree with everyone, neither do people expected to agree with you. You can always ignore people you do not like but you must at least respect their freedom of speech. It is funny how the two of you fight on this forum, a public space where the Dorje Shugden controversy related matters are discussed. You don't have to entertain him if you do not like what he says. Keep calm and enjoy the forum. ;)