Author Topic: Dalai Lama – Buddhist King-Monk Wants Pilgrimage to Tibet  (Read 3112 times)

Ringo Starr

• Email
Dalai Lama – Buddhist King-Monk Wants Pilgrimage to Tibet
« on: November 23, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
Interesting new article:

"Christof Lehmann (NEO) : Tensyn Gyatso a.k.a the 14th Dalai Lama announced that he was negotiating with Chinese officials to discuss a pilgrimage to Tibet. ..."

http://nsnbc.me/2014/11/22/dalai-lama-buddhist-king-monk-wants-pilgrimage-tibet/

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: Dalai Lama – Buddhist King-Monk Wants Pilgrimage to Tibet
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:04:08 AM »
I am not too sure about the reliability of this piece of news. But what Mr Lehmann wrote is worth critical consideration. He said the Dalai Lama is a vicar of Avalokitesvara. Vicar is probably not the apt description of an emanation of Avalokitesvara of which the Dalai Lama is normally regarded as.
I like the way he describe the reason for the banning and the oppression of the Protector's practice and practitioners but am not too sure about how the Dalai Lama is regarded negatively by non-Tibetan schools of Buddhism.

Interestingly, Mr Lehmann pointed out that the Dalai Lama broke the fundamental vows of a Buddhist monks by being a "god-King" and being in politics. For sure, the Dalai Lama is a complex individual taking the role of an emanation of a Buddha, a monk, a scholar, teacher, a god, a king, a politician and an oppressor to the freedom of religion. It depends on who you ask.

Does the Dalai Lama really need a "pilgrimage". Again it depends on who you ask. Perhaps it is just an excuse to start negotiating with China. I think this is more likely.