Author Topic: Can anybody translate this?  (Read 3507 times)

Lineageholder

Can anybody translate this?
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:05:16 AM »
dear friends,

Can anybody please translate this video if you think it's worthwhile? It's probably the usual anti Shugden garbage but it might be useful to know if there is new evidence or logical arguments to be refuted. Thank you!

shungden issue Small | Large

thaimonk

Re: Can anybody translate this?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
Unfortunately I don't know Tibetan. It would be good if this is translated. I heard from my Tibetan friends that the man in the video was scathing towards Trijang Rinpoche and especially Pabongka Rinpoche. Extremely derogatory.

He also criticized heavily many other well known Tibetan lamas who have protested or spoken up against the ban.

icy

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »
Who is this man anyway?  If he can put down famous great masters it goes to show he does not know history to comment thus. Either this or he is out to insult and to misinform the public.  All Tibetologists, Buddhist writers, Geshes, learned historians and Buddhist practitioners cannot agree with this kind of stupid and derogatory remarks.  He is out to distort and confuse the general public.  If Tibetans are genuinely concern of protecting their culture, heritage and literature, it is unwise for them to condemn what these great masters have had left their marks in Tibetan Buddhism which is proudly the nation's treasure that has become tremendous benefit to the world today.  These great masters that this man had insulted are the lineage master and root guru of the Dalai Lama.  This man has no respect to the Dalai lama and is in fact insulting the Dalai Lama indirectly; creating doubt and degrading the Dalai Lama's teaching around the world. 

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »
From this recent video published on Youtube, the man concerned calls himself Thupten Thokmey.

In this video, there is a written explanation in English attached which states the following: "Phabongkhapa answers: "You have therefore instructed me to give you an answer. I have propitiated Shugden until now because my old mother told me that Shugden is the deity of my maternal lineage. I wish to inform you that henceforth, with intense regret (for what is past) and (with the intention of) restraining my faults (in the future), I will never again propitiate (Shugden) or make daily offerings and supporting prayers and that I will wholeheartedly keep this commitment in the core of my heart. Whatever mistakes I have committed until now, such as having become a cause for the mental displeasure of the Great Nechung Choegyal, contradicting the precepts of taking refuge and so forth, I request you, the supreme protector, who is especially compassionate to the lowly, to regard me with love and great compassion and patiently to forgive me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTmWbIehpG8

DharmaSpace

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »
Th great Gelug Lamas will not be disturbed or perturbed by such words uttered.

And time will tell about Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche and Pabongka Rinpoche.