Author Topic: Third DS Mural in California!  (Read 12771 times)

lotus1

Re: Third DS Mural in California!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 09:05:11 AM »
This is a very beautiful mural, the peaceful form of Dorje Shugden. It is very nicely painted and looks very appealing the young generation.

When anyone passing by and view this mural, an image of Manjushri, a karmic imprints will be implanted in his/her mindstreams so that they will, in the future, meet with Dharma or have connection with Manjushri and practice Dharma.

I thank you to the kind sponsors who make it happens! May you always be blessed by the three jewels!

Midakpa

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 01:59:40 PM »
The artists of the murals are very talented. They have their own style. Each mural is unique in its own way. The symbols, i.e. the sword, the taming hook, the heart of compassion, the lion and the mongoose are all depicted differently. The colours also differ slightly. But they have one purpose - to bless those who set eyes on them.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
Wonderful! To know of this third mural and to view it here. Like the other murals it is artistically done and does not offend other people of different faith. You guys in the admin is pretty amazing like magicians, conjuring acts of spreading dharma and the practice of through various modern means. Kudos!

Aurore

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 08:08:08 PM »
I love this best so far. So simplistic. Totally graffiti style. No one would be able to tell this mural has anything related to Buddhism at all. Perhaps more of a brave warrior which may spark more interest and curiosity. This is really bringing modern Buddhism to the people of the world. Thumbs up!

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 03:23:49 AM »
Neat mural and great work whoever it is that is doing up this wonderfully divine street art. I wish someone would do a few in Asia. But I guess, the local governments wouldn't be too fond of Buddhist artwork on the walls particularly in countries that are not Buddhist. However, in Asia, it would probably be easier to set up temples to Dorje Shugden.

The only problem about doing so is the Dalai Lama's ban because the Buddhist communities in Asia are quite small and tight knit especially amongst the Vajrayana traditions and they would not be too welcoming of a temple to Dorje Shugden. There are some wayside shrine to Dorje Shugden that I have seen but not a temple to Dorje Shugden yet but I doubt it would be accepted. That's just too bad. Down with the ban!

Big Uncle, you have a point. Regardless of that, an imprint is an imprint. No one except a Buddha can predict what is the result of this but we know for sure the result will be good, big or small, immediate or longer term. That is without a doubt for we know from the Lamrim many example; that even worm who got an imprint of a Buddha were reborn in the higher realm. So, the immediate results is to cause the imprint to be infused in the minds of beings in that area. The result will be good.
Also, this in some way contributes to the lifting of the ban. I congratulate dorjeshugden.com for an excellent job.

eyesoftara

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 03:57:41 AM »
The smiles of the Sangha members is enough to convince me of the effectiveness of the mural and also the picture of the 2 gentlemen (one looks Tibetan...maybe?) further convinced me. Look at the smile on their faces. The murals is a simple idea that are effective to highlight and promote the Protector to those initiated and to those who did not know Him. And it is done in an artistic way. The face looks like and "alien" the way Buddha Shakyamuni looks like. It is so serene, friendly and captivating.

Fantastic! I rejoice.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »
Very talented, is good to know that the Dorje Shugden devotee in the States are constantly making an effort in order to spread or to highlight the practise of Dorje Shugden in this very interesting manner, in fact is a new approach to done this in the form of graffiti mural. It will definitely catch a lot of attention of the passerby and all these people will be bless by Dorje Shugden, ultimately will plant a seed into their mind stream and hopefully will create a cause for them to practise Dorje Shugden and Buddhism in the very near future.

I thank you all the efforts which the team of people who put up an effort to constantly spreading the practise and organising the mural to be painted. Thank you so much.

X

• Email
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 07:22:50 AM »
WOW! This 3rd mural is the one I like the most. It looks really different. The artist is really talented, good job and thankyou for this beautiful mural. The mural will attract a lot of people to Dorje Shugden, especially the younger generation. May the ban be lifted and Dorje Shugden practice reaching a lot of people.

pinecone

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »
Rejoice for those people in California to have the opportunity to  admire and appreciate this unique and beautiful mural of Dorje Shugden . The colour combination in this mural is so cool and it surely will attract the attention of many youngsters. This  talented artist will definitely gain infinite merits for creating the cause for planting seeds in others and will surely attract more graffiti artists to venture into Tibetan Buddhism’s art.  May more Dorje Shugden’s mural be able to sprout around the world .

jamyang_sonam

• Email
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
the third DS mural is really nice, the facial expression and the snow lion was nicely done and very lively. It is so great to see many people love the 3 DS mural in USA, it indirectly plant Dharma seed to those who sees it, how blessed. Hope to see more DS mural appearing in many more places in US, and hopefully other country as well.

bambi

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 08:29:44 AM »
Totally LOVE this mural. Can we have more of these beautiful murals all over the world?

I love the idea of everyone that walks by get to see Him and have a seed planted. And you also get to see the website add for more info. Its a must visit!!

Rihanna

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:54 PM »
Berkeley is a university town, which means that majority of the population there are younger people. According to the official statistic, about 40% of the population is below 24 years old. May these young, intelligent beings be exposed to Dorje Shugden at such early age and receive His blessings. May they gain the wisdom of Manjushri!

MoMo

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 06:45:44 AM »
Beautiful! Beautiful! As we can see all over the world graffiti arts have become so prevalent in the world but just none had take Buddhist deities as their subject. If this form of graffiti arts goes viral, it will be so beneficial to the world as the passing viewer and artist could plant the seeds of enlightenment and collection of merits.