Author Topic: Dancing for Dorje Shugden  (Read 18282 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
Dancing for Dorje Shugden
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
Just as there are 84,000 Dharmas and 84,000 different types of mind, so too are there countless ways of expressing one's devotion to the Dharmapala Dorje Shugden. DorjeShugden.com recently received these videos of devotees celebrating their love for the King of Dharma Protectors.

Got an idea? Filmed a video? Send it to [email protected] and watch it get uploaded to our website. Keep 'em coming guys, we love them!

From http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/dancing-for-dorje-shugden/

Dancing for Dorje Shugden

Small | Large

Indians are famous for their openness towards deities from other religions, believing that holiness and sacredness does not manifest as just the gods and goddesses they are familiar with. So it is no surprise that in a little village in India, these women dance joyously for Dorje Shugden...

Dance is often described as an artistic method of expressing our feelings using our bodies, so what better way to describe one's devotion to Dorje Shugden than through the medium of dance?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:39:49 PM by Admin »

Rihanna

Re: Dancing for Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:53:50 AM »
OMB ! This is so amazingly cute and eye-catching. This is on one of the most effective ways to express one's feeling and devotion. As all of us are born different, some very in expressing themselves through words and some through body language.

Looking forward to more creative videos here !!

Q

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:33:31 AM »
I like how creative people can be in expressing their devotion for Dorje Shugden practice. Cant wait to see more videos from people all over the world! In fact, I'm so inspired by these guys I'll make one myself! hehe

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »
These are great - and dance is a wonderful offering to Dorje Shugden. We can offer anything to the Buddhas - our talents and skills and whoever made those videos and took the effort to film it, edit it and send it in, i think those are great offerings. What else would we be doing with our time anyway? Our time is usually taken up with worldly activities so for those of us who can put time towards a sacred being like Dorje Shugden I think it is very commendable and on top of that you earn merits! I look forward to seeing other creative videos!! And yes I shall have to think of what I can come up with myself!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

dondrup

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »
Truly creative!  Nice videos!  I am sure there will be more, better and interesting productions from the fans of Dorje Shugden coming up!  These two videos are great examples of using media and the actual dance to show the devotees’ devotion to Lord Dorje Shugden.

If we can visualise the offering of Goddess of Dance as part of the mandala offering preliminary practice, we definitely can perform the actual dance as an offering to Dorje Shugden!  These two videos are great examples of using media and the actual dance to show the devotees’ devotion to Lord Dorje Shugden.

lotus1

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »
Beautiful! It is such a beautiful offerings, i.e. dancing of the Indian ladies to show their love and praise towards Dorje Shugden. I especially rejoice when I see them shouting joyously for Dorje Shugden at the end of their dance! So free and happy!

The second video is also amazing. Using the modern dance and artistic method to edit and produce this creative dance to promote Dorje Shugden. Great job! Hope to have more!

Barzin

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »
Dancing for the virtue ones have always been a beautiful offering.  But this video is definitely came unexpected, who would have thought to spread Dorje Shugden in this way?  Such modern ways of getting a message across it definitely works!  Who says Buddhism is boring and dry and we only talk about death afterlife and karma?  You guys have taken dharma to the next level, for the next generation to prepare for the virtue ones.  First the imprint, second the practice, third the victory!

beggar

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:47:40 AM »
excellent. The manifestation of our own dakinis, the beautiful mothers, the wrathful and youthful (and very flexible) assistants. In our meditations, we visualise that dakinis go out from lights to make offerings to Buddhas throughout the 10 directions, throughout space.

I rejoice to see the efforts in these videos which in itself translates into an offering - because for every person who sees these videos and may be inspired to connect to the practice of DS, gains benefit from it, finds transformation and emerges a better person, merit is accumulated and DS becomes one step to being freed from the ban. What better offering is there than that? And what better way to achieve this than through uniquely unexpected ways like this, which reaches out to thousands more people who would otherwise never ordinarily connect to the Protector, dharma or even religion?

Thank you to the wonderful, super folks on this website, whose methods continue to astound me.

pgdharma

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
There are so many ways to express our love and devotion to Dorje Shugden and in this modern age, the dance offering to Dorje Shugden is so beautiful :) This is such a creative, modern and artistic way to show our love to Dorje Shugden :)

You guys are amazing. Who would have thought of spreading Dorje Shugden through dancing :) I love both the videos and looking forward to see more videos. :)

Galen

• Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:00:32 AM »
A great way of expressing appreciation and gratitude to Dorje Shugden through dance. The Indian ladies dancing in circles is so simple and funny, but it is a great way somehow to get people's attention to find out what Dorje Shugden is. Hehehe.....  I really like the artistic dance by the guy. So creative, modern yet eye catching! He is so smooth in his moves like how Dorje Dhugden would help those who believes in him, smooth and swift. A Dharma protector of our degenerating times needs a creative way to promote him and attract attention. This is one of the ways to hook in followers.

;D ;D ;D

Positive Change

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 07:50:22 AM »
How creative and remarkably made. It shows the dedication and the love for Dorje Shugden is spreading in non traditional methods and ways. Truly throughout the 10 directions. The dance routine video is hip, modern and very well choreographed. I love the fact that someone actually took the time to shoot their videos and send them in, to show support in such creative ways. Keep them coming I say!!! ... now where did I keep that video camcorder of mine... lol

Tenzin K

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
Well-done!

So creative and what a wonderful work!

Devotion towards the protector can be seen from this creative work and obviously there are more people working very hard to promote and bring down the ban for more people to be benefited.  This great modern video definitely will get the support from many and the way to go.
Keep it up and thank you for the hard work. It’s truly inspiring I believe more to come.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
I dont know. Ive never really been a fan of dance (and I think judging from the way I bust a move, you would very much agree). Joyous bodily expressions have never really been my thing. But I guess its sweet and reflects the wide variety of people Dorje Shugden can help, from the village women who want nothing more than an easy life where they dont have to worry about their survival, to the young man in London who has fulfilled all of his material wishes and yet finds something is missing.

I actually think thats the mark of an enlightened being, when he can help to fill whats missing in your life. Think about it - would you rely on a worldly god like Nechung to bring you ultimate happiness? Who prays to Nechung for that? Who prays to Nechung for enlightenment, for happiness, for attainments? No, people pray to Nechung for money, for a career, for a son, for a free Tibet (and even then, when prophesising on such mundane topics, he can still make mistakes!!).

But what do people rely on Dorje Shugden for? Sure, they come to him praying for worldly success but the majority will change, and begin to pray for the clarity of mind to understand and discern the Dharma, so they can practise and gain attainments. Just look at Geshe Kelsang Gyatsos centres and how many sangha he has. They are proof that reliance on Dorje Shugden will transform your life for the better.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 03:07:34 AM »
Who says expressing one's love should only be limited to words? Actions, yes, actions speak louder than words. These two videos show how these people express their love for Dorje Shugden while others prefer to write, chant mantras, to meditate, to pray and others hold peaceful demonstrations. I think it’s beautiful to express one’s love for a practice, a Being, cause, and country through music, songs, dances, paintings. In this case, it’s an expression of love and joy to an enlightened Being that brings so much benefit.

These videos appeal to different people from different culture and tradition but the common message is they love Dorje Shugden

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 01:18:36 PM »
Dancing for Dorje Shugden reminds me very much of the sensory offerings we make in The Melodious Drum Victorious In All Directions. It also reminds me of dakinis who dance as both an offering to the Buddhas and as a blessing.

@DharmaDefender I have never been a fan of dance either, but I appreciate how this man expressed his devotion towards Dorje Shugden. I mean, each to their own eh!

All of the videos that DorjeShugden.com has been sharing thus far really reflects the diverse range of those who propitiate Dorje Shugden. It's really encourage and rejoiceful to see how people from different walks of life have different ways to show others that they love DS.

There's even a video of a Chinese girl expressing her devotion!

Xu Jing Loves DS Small | Large

Did she contact the admin through xiongdeng.com? How can I make a video and send it to DS.com?