Author Topic: Speak, rap...and swim for Dorje Shugden!  (Read 15015 times)

DharmaDefender

Speak, rap...and swim for Dorje Shugden!
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
Gettin creative for Shugden, yo! Fantastic new set of Dorje Shugden videos for your viewing pleasure...

From: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/speak-rap-swim-for-dorje-shugden/

Speak, rap...and swim for Dorje Shugden!

Small | Large

In today’s stressful world, for both young people and mature adults, we put ourselves through a tremendous amount of stress, problems and difficulties, and sometimes we need to find a source, an energy or a power that can help us, that can relieve us, that can perhaps give us a little bit of light to keep moving on. Dorje Shugden would be your answer to that.

Above the sky, below the sea, across the earth, and within all of space and time, only an enlightened being can give us the answers that we need.

Lyrics:
It’s the D-O-R-J-E, Shugden/ (Dorje-Shugden)

You know how he gets it all under his control
Peace in the place where we be livin’ in
Don’t worry he’ll be there in a little bit

Yo, I’m not here to try bring out dysfunction
I’ve got peace in my heart and I’m feeling one with
Dorje Shudgen not an ordinary man
It’s a surprise to see what Dorje Shugden can

So many years ago Dorje Shugden came here
Protector of Nagarjuna’s Middle view, yeah
It matters to me coz he’s so sincere
I see him walking by and I don’t have no fear

If I’m having trouble on the double he’ll come in
Opposing oppositions makes a loss into a win
Next thing you know, he’s gone with the wind
Then I wonder if I’ll ever see him again

Connecting me with my brothers, we’re here for each other
Spiritual and the physical there is no other
He can help us avoid things that try to keep us down
And turn a smile from what used to be a frown

You know how he gets it all under his control
Peace in the place where we be livin’ in
Don’t worry he’ll be there in a little bit (x2)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:47:28 PM by Positive Change »

Big Uncle

Re: Speak, rap...and swim for Dorje Shugden!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »
This is so cool and happening. I love all 3 of the videos. I find the girl is very pretty and that would appeal to many younger would-be practitioners and trendy folks out there. Perhaps, there's more than meets the eye regarding Dorje Shugden for these people when such a young and pretty girl would actually worship Dorje Shugden.

On the other hand, I think the quirky underwater guy would have massive appeal from all walks of life. It is simple and yet, extremely creative way to advertise and showcase the web address. Doesn't this makes gives the impression that Dorje Shugden practitioners are a creative and quirky lot. The rap song takes the credit as the coolest of these 3 videos and would appeal to the younger generation of rappers and so forth. All in all, these videos already have massive appeal and possess a creative streak that would appeal to many people not normally interested in deities and the Dharma.

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:07 PM »
Ahahaha... this is really super awesome to see people from all walks of life showing their love and devotion for Dorje Shugden and really do they look like murderers and violent demonic worshipers??? I wonder what the CTA will think of next after watching these videos [Sigh] None the less it will entertain us ;)

I am sure with these videos going around YouTube, many new people would be curious enough to log on to this website to find out an ocean of knowledge and help that our beloved protector can benefit and with more and more people catching on Dorje Shugden's rap - love it! - I am sure sooner or later it will mass appeal and well down with CTAs ugly twisted truth and Ban!

It is fantastic that the fantastic 9 channel is created... hope it grows bigger and wider. For a moment I thought it is a special dedicated news channel on Dorje Shugden haha... well some day maybe. Why not... we see many Christian dedicated channels or productions here in Oz... so anything is possible yeah x

Rihanna

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 05:13:03 AM »
Great set of videos! That girl is beautiful and well-spoken even if she has an accent which is a bit hard for me to understand...will she be filming more? I agree with dsiluvu, they dont look very demonic or threatening to me. Just nice normal people like the rest of us!

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »
I think these days, people are just as inspired with Great Lamas, yogis and so forth as well as very sincere practitioners. This particularly applies to people who don't know Dharma or know very little Dharma. Hence, many Lamas these days exhibit ordinary behavior and many even appear in lay clothes, partners, hobbies and careers in a bid to get closer to the masses.

So when they teach, they are able to elucidate not only the Buddha's teachings but through experience of having gone through ordinary experiences. However, although great Lamas of today exhibit such behavior but they have never given up on their vows and commitments towards the Dharma. Their commitment to spread Dharma may seem unconventional but they do it because of powerful aspirations and skillful means.

Anyway, I found this to be a very interesting sharing of Dorje Shugden practitioners from the New Kadampa Tradition of England. What's nice is that they are all ordinary practitioners with very ordinary  experiences of how Dorje Shugden practice had assisted them in their daily lives. That in itself is inspirational because not many people have heard of practitioners explaining their experience of practicing Dorje Shugden.

Dorje Shugden Worship in the West Small | Large

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »
It's awesome how people express their love for Dorje Shugden in such different and creative ways. This beats self-immolation (too soon?).

I would've never have thought of the underwater writing idea! I heard the rap song 5 times and can already remember the lyrics - it's so catchy! The lyrics are really cool.

I agree with what Big Uncle says. The girl who did a Shugden monologue is pretty, and she'll appeal to many people. Not all Shugden practitioners are violent and horrible!

What's the Fantastic 9? Or Who is the Fantastic 9? The 9 Attractive Mothers? lol

To the nine attractive Mothers, the eight guiding Monks,
The ten wrathful Assistants, and so forth,
I offer this drink of nectar which bestows bliss.
Please partake and swiftly and spontaneously fulfill all my wishes.

beggar

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
Fantastic, I agree! What wonderful and innovative ways for bringing Dorje Shugden to the world and the perfect way for bringing an ancient practice to modern people, to reach many, many, many people that wouldn't otherwise even be able to hear the word Dorje Shugden.

More importantly (haha), these videos go out to a lot of people who the CTA would probably never have access to. So for all the politicking and suppression that goes on among the tiny miniscule few thousand in their Tibetan population, there are quite a few million more people out there in the world who would be connecting to Dorje Shugden in ways the CTA couldn't even imagine.

Let's see if the world will believe a small minority who claim him to be harmful, or whether they'll take to the millions of others who are requesting and receiving infinite help from Dorje Shugden. Time will tell - and fast!

beggar

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 10:35:58 AM »
Another thing to add - perhaps we actually have the CTA and the silly ban to thank for these videos (and many other innovative methods like it). For without someone telling us we can't do the practice, it has made people around the world ever more inflamed and passionate to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and bring it out to even more people than before.

So for every time the CTA says no, the rest of the world's Shugdenpas find other ways to break through the ban in free, unrestricted, creative, happy places.

So, well, thank you CTA for bringing Dorje Shugden to so many. Your ban made us more passionate than ever and Dorje Shugden is reaching more people than you could ever have imagined, BEFORE the ban.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
These videos are such an interesting and creative way to spread Dorje Shugden to people. No matter how old you are, what gender your or what nationality you are, Dorje Shugden is here to help you if you believe in him. I am sure these videos will attract those internet savvy people and the new generation X and Y. Like what beggar stated, it would be beyond the CTA's circle of influence to try to stop the spread Dorje Shugden practice. New media is the way to go to get to the vast majority and it cover the whole globe. THe more they try to stop it, the more creative ideas will come up to promote Shugden.

May this rap song be the beginning of many many more songs to come. Maybe a grammy award is coming soon.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »

Anyway, I found this to be a very interesting sharing of Dorje Shugden practitioners from the New Kadampa Tradition of England. What's nice is that they are all ordinary practitioners with very ordinary  experiences of how Dorje Shugden practice had assisted them in their daily lives. That in itself is inspirational because not many people have heard of practitioners explaining their experience of practicing Dorje Shugden.

Dorje Shugden Worship in the West   

Thank you for this video Big Uncle. As I watch the video I can see how much peace and strength these practitioners get from their Shugden practice. I see the same thing with elderly Tibetans and all speak about their going to Dorje Shugden to help them become better people so that they can benefit others!

In so far as I can see, the practice is being embraced by a wide section of society across many borders and not limited a "small cult" as the CTA dishonestly asserts. I would imagine that these people in the UK with easy access to information would have done their research, dissected information, separated facts from lies and undertaken their own critical analysis before committing to the practice. And I am glad that the CTA has failed in its campaign of lies. Isn't it utterly insane and downright dishonest for anyone to accuse Dorje Shugden as being a bringer of harm to its practitioners when we see so much goodness being bestowed upon the practitioner who by virtue of their practice hold such good aspirations towards others. But then again I shouldn't be shocked because it is the same CTA that is cunningly encouraging Tibetans to self immolate inferring that it is their "sacred duty" to do so.

As for creative videos, well done the Fantastic 9! I didn't even know there is such a group but I hope you don't stop coming up with such brilliant ideas which is a sure fire way of getting those who are yet unaware  to go find out about Dorje Shugden and the ban. Wouldn't it great to have the rap song played over RFA which the CTA seems to have hijacked.

Manjushri

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »
Cool, great way of presenting one's testimonial for Dorje Shugden. I liked the rapping one most coz music appeals to me, plus the tune and lyrics are kinda catchy. These videos represent a modern, fun side to Buddhism, spirituality and Dorje Shugden, and shows everyone that even the young can benefit from engaging in DS practise.

If I were to make a video, I'd have mine as a mini 10minute arty-type film, portraying a whole story of my troubles and worries, how i Came across Dorje Shugden, and how I and all those around me have benefitted from it. It would be sick. Hmm.. i'll keep it on my to do list for the future.

Anyways, this reminds me of the conventional ways that many Rinpoches are now "using" to spread the Dharma, like Kalu Rinpoche. Attracts and is much needed for the people of today's society. 

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
Hahaha! WOW! This is so COOL. I laughed watching the one with the guy in water writing Dorje Shugden and  signalling GOOD and OK. What a way to show their love for King Shugden, how creative. There should be more videos like this so the whole world knows that HIS practice is helping people achieve fun, love and peace  ;)
DORJE PAKMO

dondrup

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »
What an ingenious and creative way to promote Dorje Shugden!  A big thumb’s up for the dorjeshugden.com team for coming up with these ideas! The World needs to know and be aware of the ban on Dorje Shugden.  More such videos are needed on the internet to inform and educate the general public of the World.  Eventually everyone will hear about Dorje Shugden and the ban.  The increased awareness will hasten the lifting of the ban. 

Many people around the World have actually benefited from practising Dorje Shugden.  It is nice to hear about the experience of Dorje Shugden practitioners from the New Kadampa Tradition.  This will inspire more and more practitioners to come forward to share their good experience with Dorje Shugden. 

Barzin

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 08:15:26 AM »
Wonderful that people would take the time to take such videos and find different ways to promote the protector and create awareness which is much needed in today's world.  On the contrary, many of the young generation are out spoken and intelligent in living their lives.  Which is so important to educate the younger generation with the truth.  Many become depressed and feel unwanted because of the "illusion" of how the society is portraying these days.  It is vital to get Dorje Shugden out there as it is predicted that this protector will help the people of today's.  So seeing this video again confirm that these people from this very current generation has gotten the benefit from the protector and people from all walks of life are grateful and hence a BIG thankyou to the protector by making this video.

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
These videos are really cool. I especially like the rap one! In this time and age, people are getting more creative which is good for our cause to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden!

I guess the good part of the ban is that it happened at this time and age. I say so because if the ban was enforced 20-30 years ago, it will be hard to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden as oppose to now. Now we have so many different mediums to tap to. Technology or more specifically the internet has played a big role in these couple of years for the cause of Dorje Shugden.

We must continue to use this platform to promote Dorje Shugden to the world. The more people who practice Dorje Shugden will create the cause for the ban to be lifted sooner. Simply because with more people benefiting from the practice, no one can say otherwise. As always, the majority wins!

Cool, cool, cool videos! I can't help but to watch them over and over again. Going to share it on facebook now!