Author Topic: DORJE SHUGDEN FOUND IN YUNAN INSTITUTE OF BUDDHIST STUDIES!  (Read 9659 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
DORJE SHUGDEN FOUND IN YUNAN INSTITUTE OF BUDDHIST STUDIES!
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:19:36 AM »
Dear Folks,

I was busy doing some research on the Buddhist movement within China and look what I found in the following link:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/photo/2012-03/19/c_131476240_2.htm

This article entitled: "Monks study at branch school of Yunnan Institute of Buddhist Studies"

look into the monk's altar. On top is a picture of the great Jamgon Je Tsongkhapa, followed by pictures of Chenresig and Shakyamuni buddha and if u take a look on his altar there's a framed picture of the mandala of DORJE SHUGDEN!!!!!

Dorje Shugden is really promoted within China and there's a Buddhist Institute which advocates it!

AWESOME!

clip from the article:
Monks have a class on Tibetan language at the Tibetan Buddhism branch school of the Yunnan Institute of Buddhist Studies, on the outskirt of the county seat of Shangri-la in Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture of Deqen, southwest China's Yunnan Province, March 16, 2012. The branch school, with a total of 40 students registered at present, was established here in 2005. Those students of monks between 14 and 39 came from Tibetan Buddhism temples scatted in Yunnan Province, Tibet Autonomous Region and Sichuan Province. Their courses cover linguistic learning of Tibetan, Chinese as well as English, theory of Buddhism, and computer operation, whose tuition was paid by local government and the school. After years of study, students of outstanding achievements have opportunities to continue their studies at institutes of higher level in Beijing or Yunnan's provincial capital Kunming. (Xinhua/Lin Yiguang)
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Big Uncle

Re: DORJE SHUGDEN FOUND IN YUNAN INSTITUTE OF BUDDHIST STUDIES!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »
That's cool! I am sure that the Gelugs practicing Dorje Shugden are thriving in the Tibetan cultural sphere like Yunan and surrounding areas because the Chinese do not care for the Dalai Lama's ban. In fact, the Chinese use the ban as a point to highlight the lack of freedom of religion under the Dalai Lama's rule and now.

I read from newspapers that there are monasteries that uphold the Dalai Lama's ban (secretly) and there are monasteries that defy the ban and openly practice Dorje Shugden. The freedom to practice Dorje Shugden is naturally upheld by the Chinese government, partly because it is something that is used to defy the Dalai Lama and to foster that defiance especially amongst the Tibetans. Whatever it is, Dorje Shugden's practice makes a headway in the monasteries.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »
What a great find Harry Nephew!

The ban will have to go sooner or later. Dorje Shugden is being practiced all over the world, including China. The leadership of the Chinese Government is undergoing change now and so if the new leader is sympathetic towards the Tibetan cause, talks may resume between China and CTA. Can you imagine, after the difficult process hashing out of the terms of reconciliation (which i think the Chinese will still continue to hold the upper hand) the CTA turns around and say to China, "by the way, you guys can't practice Dorje Shugden because the Dalai Lama says so". How well is that going to go down?

I don't see China agreeing to that not only because it is clearly unfair, but also to agree would mean that China is allowing Buddhism in China to come under the dictate of the 14th Dalai Lama.  I don't see that happening especially when China has already claimed to be the authority to select and enthrone the next Dalai Lama (on the basis that it is the keeper of the Golden Urn).

I think the days of the Dorje Shugden ban will be over soon.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »
Rejoicing news! More and more good news of monasteries in China openly propitiating and practicing Dorje Shugden. And the Chinese government is being tolerant and subtly encouraging this. Whatever the political motives are, Dorje Shugden is openly being practiced in China, unlike in some areas controlled by the backward and big bully CTA in Dharamsala. I think these are not new monasteries but monasteries where the monks and abbots have great guru devotion and living in a country where religious freedom is allowed. It'll even be better if new monasteries manifest more where the sangha openly practice Dorje Shugden - this would be  proof that the practice of Dorje Shugden is not dwindling, like some people post on this site.

brian

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:27:16 PM »
This is a very good sign that Dorje Shugden practice have made its way to the public in China openly. More good news is that there were monks are doing Dorje Shugden practices openly which is very very good! Encouraging and worthy of a mention here! Kudos to whoever who have made it a big presence in China! This is a proof that the practice of Dorje Shugden is not declining but increasing. Even the sanghas are doing it now. It will be great to see such instances to happen in other places and may the ban be lifted very soon so that people in all over the world can openly practice this sacred Protector of our time!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:00:14 AM »
To all the americans who claim that Dorje Shugden is small and not doing well, they should really, really look at China and see how huge it has grown since the ousting of the Dalai Lama from there. What CTA wants them to believe and what really is happening is quite different: Dorje Shugden being strong in Tibet means that the 13th Dalai Lama never banned the practice and neither was it an unpopular practice, because right now in Tibet there are many lamas who are direct students of the previous Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongkha Rinpoche doing their own practices with no problems.

I find it amusing to see educated people so easily misled.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
Wow! Just confirmed my hunch. Shugden is really in China. Wonderful. If thousands of monks in China is practicing Shugden, then before long we will see the practice spread far and wide to the rest of the country. I always think the Dalai Lama's ban is some sort of blessing for China and the political situation is such that anything he says China will do the other way.

So by bestowing Shugden to China he is benefiting 1.3 billion people. The states bordering Tibet like Sichuan, Qinghai, Xinjiang and Yunnan has large numbers of Tibetans staying and they are free to practice Shugden. To me this is freedom. Ironically to all Tibetan outside of China and Tibet, there is no freedom. Further, from my frequent trips to China, I feel the Chinese do not really discriminate minorities. In fact, I feel they genuinely wants to help the minorities. Not sure if this is true in Tibet. Sometimes it takes 2 to tango.

Anyway this really good news. Thank You Harry Nephew!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:28:22 AM »
Wow! Just confirmed my hunch. Shugden is really in China. Wonderful. If thousands of monks in China is practicing Shugden, then before long we will see the practice spread far and wide to the rest of the country. I always think the Dalai Lama's ban is some sort of blessing for China and the political situation is such that anything he says China will do the other way.

So by bestowing Shugden to China he is benefiting 1.3 billion people. The states bordering Tibet like Sichuan, Qinghai, Xinjiang and Yunnan has large numbers of Tibetans staying and they are free to practice Shugden. To me this is freedom. Ironically to all Tibetan outside of China and Tibet, there is no freedom. Further, from my frequent trips to China, I feel the Chinese do not really discriminate minorities. In fact, I feel they genuinely wants to help the minorities. Not sure if this is true in Tibet. Sometimes it takes 2 to tango.

Anyway this really good news. Thank You Harry Nephew!

I think this is true because it seems that the government of China seems to be protecting Dorje Shugden temples and statues from being desecrated in temples. They have also assisted in the building of Dorje Shugden temples around China as well and there is little or no legal problems or issues when they are dealing with Dorje Shugden people, but when Tibetans try to do things their way (i.e not obtaining permits) they get clamped down and they complain that China is restricting their freedom...so to me, I still feel that China is giving freedom to an extent (as with all countries) so CTA should really be careful of what they say, lest people find out the truth and abandon CTA completely.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
This is an fact a super good news because Dorje Shugden's sacred practise is being spread to many people and they really need it, may these fortunate people be benefited by this holy practise just like how I have and still continuing to receive the benefits. May the ban be lifted very swiftly and smoothly so that Dorje Shugden practitioners will not have to be discriminated any further more.

Tenzin K

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 02:43:47 PM »
No surprise of Dorje Shugden practice in China. In fact Shugden practice has taken some root in China long time ago. I’m glad it’s still being practice and I believe it will get growing all over China. Shugden is very swift and is the protector of our time now. Even it grow all over the place that out of the CTA control.

Obviously only the CTA and Dalai Lama perceive Shugden as spirit but not the majority of other attain Lama. If it’s really spirit how can their center or monastery grow? How can the Shugden Lama take rebirth and come back again and even recognize by Dalai Lama himself? Doesn’t make sense.

It’s good for Shugden practice to grow further in China and to benefit a lot more people in this big country.