Author Topic: Are the CTA secret Shugden agents?  (Read 16434 times)

vajrastorm

Re: Are the CTA secret Shugden agents?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »
The CTA as secret agents of Shugden? My immediate automatic response would have been "No,impossible! How can one reconcile the 'vile' acts of CTA against Shugden practitioners with the possibility that they are are on the same side of the camp of the victims of their cruel heartless  anti-Shugden actions and measures? "

But then, what about the shocking  almost incredible revelation made by  Samdhong Rinpoche when he was on the verge of retiring as Kalon Tripa, head of the CTA? He had  said that what he had done all along(acting in concert with the Dalai Lama in enforcing the ban on Shugden practitioners ) had been done out of Guru Devotion: he was merely following the instructions of his Root Guru, Trijang Rinpoche! As Beggar and others have pointed out, the older generation who are members of the CTA are mostly students of great masters like Pabongka Rinpoche, Trijang Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche. If great current Lamas, who were students of these great Masters, have steadfastly stuck to their practice of Shugden given to them by these great Masters who were their Root Gurus, I cannot see how and why, older members of the CTA, who also are students of these great Masters would have dared to break their samaya with their Root Gurus by stopping their Shugden practice. It is more logical to see them going underground with their Shugden practice.

Thus the hypothesis that they are secret Shugden practitioners and agents does hold water indeed. And when the ban is lifted we'll have them coming out in full force in the open to declare themselves as Shugden practitioners! Pray that day will come soon with the lifting of the ban!  Furthermore, if this hypothesis proves correct, then this lends greater credence to the other hypothesis that all this is a part of a big plan masterminded by great Masters like Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche to ensure the rapid spread of the practice of Dorje Shugden especially in places like populous China, the great powerhouse of today.   

VS

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »
Thank you Beggar for highlighting this. I'm not surprise if CTA officials are undercover DS practitioners, so are most Tibetans, whether they practice openly or secretly.

Most Tibetans are well known for their strong Guru Devotion and they are students of some of the greatest well known Lamas like Trijang Rinpoche, Zong Rinpoche, Pabongka Rinpoche etc. Furthermore, Trijang  Rinpoche is also a tutor for HH Dalai Lama. Hence, how many would risk breaking Guru Samaya?

I'm looking forward the lifting of the ban. By then, i'm sure a large number of DS practitioners will mushroom all over the world!!!

Long live Shugden practitioners!!!!

dondrup

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 05:51:19 AM »
I certainly would say that CTA are indeed secret agents.  If the Dorje Shugden (DS) practice had gone underground since the ban, which is happening anyway, it is logical to deduce that CTA are secret Shugden Agents.  Samdhong Rinpoche the previous Kalon Tripa had already proven to us this possibility!

Irrespective of whether CTA are secret agents or otherwise, CTA must clear up the acts of their predecessor Tibetan Government in Exile (TGIE) immediately.  His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama’s retirement from secular politics is a clear sign to CTA to do what is necessary to right what “was wrong” – the ban on DS.  Since the ban, many DS practitioners especially the holy monastics, Tibetans in exile, and DS practitioners world-wide had endured great suffering at many levels.  There is the loss of basic human rights, loss of freedom of spiritual practice, physical sufferings, ostracism, schisms, homelessness, poverty and so on due to the ban.

As the democratic government of the Tibetans in Exile, the least you could do is to reduce the sufferings of the Tibetans in Exile who had already lost their home country. The ban on DS practice had added salt to the wound!  Please have compassion for the thousands if not millions of DS practitioners who had suffered. If you are indeed practising DS underground, all the more you should take the remedial actions to lift the ban quickly.

Tammy

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 06:23:21 AM »
Thank you for bring out such interesting argument!!

Like a few of those who joined this discussion, I DON'T care whether the CTA officials are actually DS practitioners, my concern are two fold:

1. CTA allows its officials (and those carrying instructions) to abuse DS practitioners and deprives them and their family of basic human rights such as food and education! This gotta STOP if these officials still consider them BUDDHIST! Shame on them !

2. As long as the ban is still in place, the spread of DS' practice will be limited and many people will not be introduced to him. Thus missed out this chance-of-the-life-time practice!

What can we do to help these CTA officials to come to their senses???

Down with the BAN!!!

hope rainbow

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
So I'd like to consider a point: could their support of the ban actually have been a premeditated instruction from their teachers?

Then we could also imagine that His Holiness the Dalai Lama was following Trijang Rinpoche's instruction, his Guru's instruction, in instauring the ban.
This would explain why His Holiness still "allows" for Trijang Rinpoche's current incarnation to practice.

My thoughts only...

Zach

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »
It reminds me of something similar. Those who shout and condemn the loudest always have something to hide themselves a pointed finger takes suspicion away from the person doing the pointing.  :)

thaimonk

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »
It reminds me of something similar. Those who shout and condemn the loudest always have something to hide themselves a pointed finger takes suspicion away from the person doing the pointing.  :)

LOL. I agree. Many cases among Tibetans themselves that have to point the finger to detract attention away from themselves who are doing Shugden still.

Sad the CTA puts their own people through so much unnecessary suffering. The CTA has created so much problems already. Why did they lose Tibet in the first place? Simple. Corruption, lack of exposure, greed, selfishness, laziness and arrogance.

Sad, it has not changed much. Just a few years left and the sinking ship goes completely under. The CTA are now scrambling to get to USA and get green cards likened to hopping onto life rafts.

hope rainbow

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
At this point in history, and this is my personal opinion, it looks as if it would even be better for Tibet to be revived from inside and administered by a Chinese administration.
I can't imagine the troubles if an outside administration would now take over the Tibet as is today.
If the TGIE or CTA did not do so well without a real country, how could they coop WITH a real country anyway....
Not to mention that Lhasa and many other parts of Tibet are now chinese spoken, written and driven...
We can't bring back Tibet of 1950 by magic. To forcefully make it entirely Tibetan again would encounter a resistance from the Chinese community who live there and who are victims in a way.
I think the best way forward is from within, and for this I think it is moving along in the right direction with the spread of Dorje Shugden in the country. China will support the Tibet revival into a peaceful administered region of China. Dorje Shugden is a messenger of peace for this particuar instance.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »

So I'd like to consider a point: could their support of the ban actually have been a premeditated instruction from their teachers? This isn't such a far fetched idea. Samdhong Rinpoche, the former Kalon Tripa, stated very clearly that everything he had done "for the tibetan people" was only because of an instruction from his Guru Trijang Rinpoche - this would have included serving the Dalai Lama, and therefore upholding all his instructions. Have a look here if you haven't already, it'll blow your socks off: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=1302.0

So, could it well have been the same for the many other ministers in the government? Just a thought....

I will NOT be surprise if they are Shugden practitioners. There are a few older monks from Sampheling Monastery (Trijang Rinpoche's Monastery) in Chatreng, China has informed a few outsiders that " Trijang Rinpoche's students will follow their GURU and the practices given by Rinpoche. There are many Trijang Rinpoche students around Dalai Lama who OUTWARDLY support Dalai Lama and his stand on Shugden BUT deep down, they still hold this protector practice very close to their heart because of their GURU"  When I heard that, it blew my mind cause it is possible that the CTA can be secret Shugden agents along with Dalai Lama.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 06:17:22 AM »
The conclusion to this topic is this: even if the CTA officials are Dorje Shugden practitioners, they are for sure, not doing enough or not doing their part to get the ban lifted. I am sure if they insisted for proof and defended their ground, the Dalai Lama would have not been able to implement the ban at all as he does not have a choice. But unfortunately, their own political careers are more important than their spiritual ones, so nothing much can be said there. I do hope that they control TYC more tightly and prevent them from causing more harm to both themselves, the Dorje Shugden practitioners and the Tibetan cause.

brian

• Email
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »
I believe what beggar says, most of them would be pracitising Dorje Shugden hidden from public eye. The people that are still discriminating or mistreating the self declared Dorje Shugden practitioners are probably extremists and are probably not real Buddhists as real Buddhists would not harm others. I believe there are going to be more changes in the CTA policy re the banning of Dorje Shugden practice or discriminating Dorje Shugden practitioners. I hope the there will be news on lifting the ban in near future.

brian

• Email
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
I believe what beggar says, most of them would be pracitising Dorje Shugden hidden from public eye. The people that are still discriminating or mistreating the self declared Dorje Shugden practitioners are probably extremists and are probably not real Buddhists as real Buddhists would not harm others. I believe there are going to be more changes in the CTA policy re the banning of Dorje Shugden practice or discriminating Dorje Shugden practitioners. I hope the there will be news on lifting the ban in near future.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 04:55:51 AM »

Even if they are practicing in secret, none of them are taking actions to at least moderate the anti Shugden behavior, which automatically nullifies their Dorje Shugden practice. Why? because they are not sacrificing their comfort zones to do the right thing at all. All of them do not dare to speak up because they are too afraid to lose their positions in the parliament or in the community. If the practicing CTA officials band together, I am sure the ban can be easily overturned as the Dalai Lama will not ban something if he sees that it has hurt so many people. But they failed their Guru, protector and Dharma brothers and sisters. Sad.