Author Topic: A special tribute to H.E. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso  (Read 26363 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
A special tribute to H.E. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
« on: February 13, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »
New Section:

Very special tribute to His Eminence Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche who is one of the most influential masters of this century without a question. Our website dedicates a section for you to express your feelings, share pictures, video links and teachings about this great master. Please go here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=12185

We will eventually have this for all great masters of our special lineage. We begin with with Geshe-la.

Admin
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:38:18 PM by Mana »

Zach

Re: A special tribute to H.E. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »
Thank you.  :)

kurava

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:42:08 AM »
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso is one of the DS warriors out in the open that are responsible for the spread and preservation of the holy dharma and the authentic lineage of Losang Dragpa.

However, there are also many unsung heroes who are working tirelessly and silently to prepare for the day when the ban will finally be lifted. Together the open and hidden heroes will definitely LIBERATE all children of the King !

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:52 AM »
My salutations to H.E Geshe Kelsang Gyatso! His devotion and courage to spread Dorje Shugden openly through his centers in Europe and all over the world is very inspiring.  He does not care about the ban or the controversies as he remains true to his Guru.

To the unsung heroes who are now working tirelessly to help create more awareness of the truth of Dorje Shugden, please keep up the good work. Through your hard work, may more Dorje Shugden monasteries and NKT’s centers flourished.

Thank you, Admin, for this section for us to pay tribute to H.E Geshe Kelsang Gyatso and the unsung heroes!

triesa

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 07:16:06 AM »
On one hand, I rejoice with H.E. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso's dedication to his lineage protector and his guru, and like Kurava and pgdharma have both mentioned, there are many unseen DS warriors working hard and consistently in many facets to rasie the awareness and spread the lineage of DS to the world.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank this website,( as I think this is the best Dorje Shugden website I have come across on the net), the hardworking admin people behind this site, all the forum contributers, you have all made this site a special tribute to our king Dorje shugden indeed :D

Aurore

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 07:51:12 AM »
What a wonderful idea for a tribute! DS.com never seem to run out of ideas!

The wonderful works of lamas such as Geshe Kelsang Gyatso should be remembered and recalled as numerous times as possible. A mountain of praise should be given to His Eminence for tirelessly bringing teachings to the thousands single-handedly. It's a history in the making where no lama has gone before to have centers sprouting all over the world. Hopefully more Geshe-las will immerse.

A single lama can do so much. What more if the practitioners who emerged from his centre can do with combined efforts. With more dharma teachers, Buddhism will spread far and wide. No doubt!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:35 AM »
Incredible master indeed! I read in some websites, Geshe Kelsang also sponsored towards the establishment of Shar Gaden and Serpom Monastery in support of their cause of upholding Dorje Shugden practice.

It is good to read about Great Masters like Geshe Kelsang being firm in his practice and you know what...if Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit, would Geshe Kelsang and his centres grow so large and spread to all over the world?

I rest my case.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:57:19 AM »
It is amazing to see what Geshe Kelsang Gyatso has achieved in this lifetime. Who has not heard about New Kadampa Tradition (NKT)? The biggest Gelugpa center in the world.

No doubt, when Geshe-la first step foot into a foreign land, it was very difficult like most high lama who was sent out of the monastery to teach. Cultural differences, the law, low faith in the dharma and etc. Also, having your own Tibetan government against you. It is very ridiculous. Besides HH, Geshe-la is probably the biggest asset for CTA but due to their stupidity, greed (personal agenda) and etc....and sigh! They even call Geshe-la a demon. They should make things easy for Geshe-la to further spread Buddhism. Sad!

Thank u Geshe-la for showing and inspiring us to persevere and stick to our teacher all the way. The results which you have shown is one of the greatest teachings or "case study" that Shugden is NOT a demon and that is NOTHING WRONG at all to practice this protector.

dsdisciple

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 10:27:21 AM »
Tears of gratitude for Geshe Kelsang, the growth of NKT and the increased awareness of DS globally.

Thank you DS.COM for once again opening another significant milestone in this websites development...a bridge for DS practitioners worldwide to share their stories and views with their own teachers (to realise that we may practice differently but we are all one carrying DS in our hearts & minds).

For sometime I have been thinking that this website has been an invaluable source to learn from but did not really address the isolation one feels being a DS practitioner, I mean its not so easy to say hi I am a practitioner from xyz (without the inevitable allegations etc?) At present we do not have the opportunity to engage with other practitioners from other lineages except within our own centres.

Even more so if you are out of station and happen to live in a anti-shugden area, their is no real way to have a conversation without some sort of consequence.

In my heart I feel that for the ban to be lifted all DS practitioners need to co-ordinate and work together by sharing their experiences / stories? why because it gives inspiration to others that our practice and lineage is not simply demon worship of that cult DS...but a valid lineage for modern people, that have transformed their lives and the people around them.

How can that be wrong...if our own masters can reincarnate back and everyday practitioners can transform and get MUCH benefit that can ONLY be a good thing to show the world an objective balance to the negative views out there.

I think DS.COM offers a unique platform for views from all pro DS devotees to share their stories in an objective way to counter the half truths and innuendo perpetuated by CTA against DS practitioners.

Thank you Geshe-la for your courage, inspirational guru devotion and  DS.COM for your unwavering support for DS practitioners & their teachers.

xo

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:41 AM »
Personally I've read books by Geshe Kelsang and he is an amazing scholar. But he is still an ordinary person. So he can be mistaken about the Shugden practice. Why is it he can be right and HHDL is wrong. 

I mean you can't compare the two teachers ok? HHDL is way far ahead in every aspect than Geshe Kelsang. There's a reason HHDL is way ahead, because his thoughts and what he speaks about has much more impact and relevance to many more people. His popularity just grows. That itself tells you how great HHDL is. I mean tens of millions of people all cannot be wrong compared to a couple of hundred Shugden practitioners.

Ok, the Tibetans are a bit fanatical when it comes to HHDL and I've seen it here in Dharamsala. But they are only a few million (India, Nepal & Tibet). But HHDL is accepted by tens of millions across many continents inclusive of world leaders. Which Lama can do that. Not even Geshe Kelsang.

So did you ever think Geshe Kelsang went alittle too far with the protests against Dalai lama? Years back if the Dalai Lama did not escape Tibet, build a relations with the Indian Govt and get land for the Tibetans, there would be no Geshe Kelsang at all. There would be no survival of Tibetan Buddhism. All the centres and lamas around the world exist because of HHDL.

Don't you think Geshe Kelsang and the other Lamas like him should be grateful to HHDL and loyal? Be grateful should be a result of practice of higher tantras right? At least sutras. So what is the big deal if they give up Shugden and pick the HHDL?

So I personally think Geshe Kelsang is mistaken.

Big Uncle

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso should indisputably sit amongst the greatest masters of our times. Having the sublime Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche as his mentor, his teachings are flawless and so are his amazingly accurate books. He has so many students all over the world that promote the virtues of a true Buddhist and happily spread the amazing practice of the Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden.

I have him in high regard but I do not agree with every opinion of his. I think he has amazing strength and determination to spread the Dharma. I like the organisation that he has formed but I do not like the way he opposes the Dalai Lama because it goes against the very advice of his own root Guru. I do appreciate his work, teachings and everything else he does.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
It's not too late for Geshe Kelsang to make amends. Make a trip to Dharamsala, request audience with HHDL and apologize. Wouldn't it be better to make friends. Join forces and propagate dharma to even more. One less headache. One less controversy. Just follow what HHDL advices.

Why do you have to worship Shugden. There are so many protectors, just choose another one and you don't don't upset Dalai Lama's great plans for everyone. There's only one Dalai Lama, so choose him. Easy equation.

Zach

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 12:27:07 PM »
It's not too late for Geshe Kelsang to make amends. Make a trip to Dharamsala, request audience with HHDL and apologize. Wouldn't it be better to make friends. Join forces and propagate dharma to even more. One less headache. One less controversy. Just follow what HHDL advices.

Why do you have to worship Shugden. There are so many protectors, just choose another one and you don't don't upset Dalai Lama's great plans for everyone. There's only one Dalai Lama, so choose him. Easy equation.

Dalai lama should make amends, not Geshe Kelsang whom is actually following the advise of his root Guru as per Buddhist instructions. It is not Geshe Kelsang who has created a giant schism in the Gelugpa sangha. If your a practicing Gelugpa you should know that His Holiness's accusations indirectly invalidate our lineage and specifically being able to recieve blessings to accomplish the path from lineage gurus because they where all spirit worshippers who do not have the basis for bestowing tantric initations.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 12:34:06 PM »

Dalai lama should make amends, not Geshe Kelsang whom is actually following the advise of his root Guru as per Buddhist instructions. It is not Geshe Kelsang who has created a giant schism in the Gelugpa sangha. If your a practicing Gelugpa you should know that His Holiness's accusations indirectly invalidate our lineage and specifically being able to recieve blessings to accomplish the path from lineage gurus because they where all spirit worshippers who do not have the basis for bestowing tantric initations.

I am not saying Geshe Kelsang is a bad guy. And I'm not trying to make enemies here.  It's just Geshe-la  make mistakes. If he doesn't go against HHDL then there wouldn't be a schism. If all the Gelugpas followed what HHDL advices, intantly the schisms are gone. No schism. How did the Dalai Lama create schism by advising you against an evil being? If you don't follow, you create the schism. I mean think about it. If your teacher tells you not to lie and steal or bull***t and you do and create trouble. Who is the trouble maker? You or your teacher advising you not to do so?

Makes better sense now?

Q

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »
Geshe-la's books were the first dharma book I came across when I was searching for spirituality. Technically geshela was the first person to introduce Tibetan Buddhism to me, although I never had the fortune of meeting geshela personally. His books is such a great dharma delivery tool as it reaches millions all over the world. The way it was written, filled with knowledge and yet easy to understand for new readers. Geshela is a great teacher, and from time to time I re read his wonderful dharma books.