Author Topic: MORE RESTRICTIONS AGAINST MONKS IN GREAT GELUG MONASTERIES..READ AND WRITE IN!!  (Read 10170 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
(see pic 1) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a cetificate to the effect that we do not share anything with Shugden
devotees. Those non shugden must have this certificate to attend the Great Prayer
festival at Drepung and Gaden.

Therefore, for the peace-loving people, you have have natural responsibility to
challenge the aparthied against the simple monks, merely for their religious belife.
These simple monks are suffering from aparthied in the monastery. Also, taking
advantage of their poor knowledge about the world, they are abused with careful
skill. If we cant stop it now, the similar policy will apply in other fields too.
However, policies one after another are made to make the lives of Shugden monks
meserable.

(see pic 2) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Monlam Chenmo Organizing Committee, Sera Monastery
February 16, 2008

(Announcement of Great Prayer Festival)

To monks and laypersons;

It was decided to hold a great prayer festival at Sera-Lachi monastery, for four
days starting from 12 to 16 of Tibetan first month (18, 19, and 20 of February
2008). It is aware of that there is no way to integrate with Dholgyal worshippers,
except those who swore not to worship Dholgyal, and not to share spiritual and
material amenities with Dholgyal followers. Similarly, you must bear in mind that
abbots and administrators have urged the same action in the monthly vow
purification. And we ask those who have relationship with Dholgyal not offer
donation and patronage for Puja.

on 10 of Tibetan First Month
2008 Sera Monlam Chenmo Organizing Committee, Sera Monastery

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
commentary:

WITHIN SERA MONASTERY, THIS 'CERTIFICATE' HAVE TO BE CARRIED AROUND BY THE NON-DORJE SHUGDEN PRACTITIONERS IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE MONLAM PRAYER FESTIVAL (NEW YEAR'S PRAYERS) WHICH HAS BEEN HELD YEARLY FOR 600 YEARS SINCE INSTITUTED BY TSONGKAPA HIMSELF. THIS CERTIFICATE IS SIGNED AND SEALED BY THE AUTHORITIES IN THE MONASTERY THAT YOU ARE 'CLEAN' AND DO NOT PRACTICE DORJE SHUGDEN. IT ALLOWS YOU FREEDOM TO JOIN IN THE MONASTIC ACTIVITES.

BESIDES ATTENDANCE TO PUJAS, DEBATES, SHARING AMENITIES, THE MONASTERIES ARE ALSO CRACKING DOWN ON ATTENDANCE TO SOJONG. SOJONG ARE THE MONTHLY CONFESSIONS BY MONKS TO PURIFY ANY INFRINGEMENT OF VOWS. IT IS A NECESSITY TO CONFESS IN FRONT OF THE PRECEPTORS IN ORDER THAT ANY VOW INFRINGEMENTS DO NOT MULTIPLY IN KARMIC WEIGHT. NOW EVEN ATTENDANCE TO THIS IMPORTANT MONTHLY CONFESSION IS BARRED TO DORJE SHUGDEN PRATICING MONKS. THEY ARE COMPLETELY MARGINALIZED AND SEGREGATED.

ALL THIS IS HAPPENING AT THIS MOMENT AND VERY WELCOMED BY THE 'DEMOCRATIC' EXILE TIBETAN GOVERNMENT. WHAT IS EVEN MORE AMAZING IS THIS IS BEING ALLOWED TO HAPPEN WITHIN THE LARGEST DEMOCRACY IN THE WORLD, INDIA.

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
Dear all,
Writing in to the Indian police commissioners re this issue IS VERY IMPORTANT. It shows that letters from the outside world makes an IMPACT on the Indian police/local/federal governments. We should write in polite, respectful letters expressing the truth again and again. It is the least we can do since we have the freedom to practice in our respective democratic countries for the monks who are undergoing so much for us by keeping the faith in Dorje Shugden. We should write in to the abbots of the three great monasteries of Sera Je/Mey, Drepung Gomang/Loseling and Gaden Shartse/Jangtze also. Even to Namgyal Monastery, the personal monastery of HH Dalai Lama.

So please write in more and more. Please. Thank you everyone.

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
more from Sera...(see pic)

Translation of ID for Molam (Great Prayer Festival)

The certificate for whose who have already taken oath.(not to share religious and
meterail relationship with Shugen devotees)

ID No: 
Name:
Monastery
Monastic Section
House No:
Date of issue  16-02-2008

Space for photo.

a friend

Could you please Administrator gather all addresses, both electronic and mailing, that have been given to send letters to?
This commissioner in the Sera monastery area, I can't find his address to send more letters. Those 800 certainly helped, but things get buried by new things. And that is what the DL is waiting to entirely complete his job, that our worries calm down, that we get fatigued by the matter, that we forget the monks, that we forget the issue.
We should take some kind of vow everyone of us, to send at least one letter a month in the future, in order not to allow the matter to be forgotten.

But we need a topic with only the addresses, please, Administrator? Thank you for your kindness.

Vajra

Dear all,

Afer being working for about some weeks outside my country, 2 days ago I have written and sent a letter to NTK Manjushri Kadampa Buddhist Centre, the main head of the NKT in the west. I explained the situation of the last two months on the ban of DS, the situation in India and the monasteries. Also, I paste or attached some articles,, news, commentaries of this pages in order to explain the situation. The mail is large, about 18 pages. Today I have not received any answer. I think I/we have to wait, because I think they will be discussing the letter. I asked them to join, peacefully, to the cause by sending letters in the same way this site is doing so. If not, I asked to them that, unless, I/we would like to know what they think about this issue nowadays, their opinion and position, or some advices about what can we do or not to do.

I sincerely hope a positive or constructive answer. Let´s wait.

Hugs to all.

three pots

a friend and all,

I've gathered what I think are all the addresses that were posted in the forum and posted them under admin's post: ATTENTION TO ALL WEBSITE PARTICIPANTS AND DEVOTEES OF LORD DORJE SHUGDEN

As I have time I will update or add to the post itself... and those of you that can complete it or add to it please do so - it might be reasonable though to leave out comments on the thread so that it is easy for people to sort through... we can put or comments in a separate thread as I've done here maybe?

Thank you so much for scanning the ID cards as well as the notices, etc.  I think it would be helpful to include these in some of our letters to show that this is a factual event going on and there is documentation to back up our statements.

three pots

updates and additions posted to the address under admin's post: ATTENTION TO ALL WEBSITE PARTICIPANTS AND DEVOTEES OF LORD DORJE SHUGDEN

Admin

• Administrator
    • Email
Report from South India

The great prayer festivals are being held in Drepung and Gaden monasteries. If you
want to patronize the puja, and offering, you must sign that you deny spiritual
and material resources with Shugden devotees. It was a case that some said they
could not sign to the effect that they would deny the spiritual and materail
resources with Shugden devotees, because they need to contact monks from Dhokham
monastic section, who are Shugden devotees. Now there is discrimination on
offering to the monks. Such divisive thing happen to the Sangha, the object of
refuge.

There was held a meeting at the Tibetan local assembly. The heads of Camp no 5 and
9 suggested: the monasteries have been cleaned. The camphain of taking oath (not
worshipping Shugden) must be carried out among lay public. The local head,
Thupten, said: we should not in hurry now. There is a second plan. Yesterday, when
I met Samdhong Rinpoche in Banglore (Karnataka State), he told me: If the
monastery is finished, the camphain of taking oath of not worshipping Shugden will
be conducted throughout India, Nepal and Bhutan. After that, in abroad, and then
gradually in Tibet.

All the brothers and sisters, we must be alert. If they are successful in the
violation of religious freedom in the monasteries, then they would go everywhere
to implement the same movement. And it is imperative that the world should aware
of the ongoing horrible things in the monastery and swiftly act to stop it, lets
the epidemic of violation of religious freedom would spread other places sooner or
later. For that we need to inform every concerned authorities and seek their
protection.

lodoe

• Email
dear friends,

In www.shugdensociety.info declaration section one can find Gaden Shartse general request letter and sermey pomra khangtsen petition letter.
please post to all members.
they need support.

Jane

Where to give donations?
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »
Hello, if someone would like to give a donation to help these 700 monks, whom do we contact?

Many thanks,
Jane

jeff Ryan

• Email
Contact Dorje Shugden Religious and Charitable Society on how to best send offerings to support our cause..

www.shugdensociety.info

stibo

A friend of mine, who is presently in Nepal, told me that Dorje Shugden practioners in Nepal are presently collecting funds to help the Dhokhang Khangsten monks who decided to do their own Monlan festivities.

I asked her to send me the contact details of the peoples of Dhokhang Khangsten to whom we must send the donations. As soon as I'll have this information I'll inform you.

Best Regards to all

Jane

Thanks, i did not see these replies before.

Gabby Potter

I really cannot believe that with all these discrimination thingy going on, this is still not considered a ban. If this is not a religious discrimination, may I know what is this then? His Holiness doesn't instigate the violence, the CTA does. They use His Holiness's name and do whatever they think is "right", which is to segregate people  and even harm people. This has to stop, we must all unite and do whatever that is necessary to lift the ban, peacefully and harmoniously.

Matibhadra

I really cannot believe that with all these discrimination thingy going on, this is still not considered a ban.

This is because there are many crackpots in this world. And among such crackpots are those trying to deny that the evil dalie is the one enforcing the ban.

If this is not a religious discrimination, may I know what is this then?

Of course it is a ban. Of course it is enforced by the evil dalie. And of course there are crackpots denying any of such realities.

His Holiness doesn't instigate the violence,

Didn't I tell you that crackpots denying realities do exist?

the CTA does. They use His Holiness's name and do whatever they think is "right",

You are just envious of the CTA. You would like to be among the evil dalie's favored minions, instead of the CTA. That's why you try to shift to the CTA the blame for the evil dalie's crimes.

which is to segregate people and even harm people.

You actually don't care about segregation and harm. You care about saving the face of a criminal.

This has to stop, we must all unite and do whatever that is necessary to lift the ban, peacefully and harmoniously.

Who wants to unite with schizophrenic liars denying reality? You are in the wrong website.