Author Topic: Lama Osel makes surprise visit to Lama Zopa  (Read 28877 times)

dsiluvu

Re: Lama Osel makes surprise visit to Lama Zopa
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »
Thanks WB,

I really like seeing all these pictures of Lama Zopa and Lama Osel so much. I truly pray and hope that Lama Osel will come back and revive fpmt like the way it was last time!

Looks like Lama Zopa's manifestation of illness does have an impact on Lama Osel and has created many fold of blessings and lessons to be learnt.

A great Lama even when sick creates so much merits for us all!

thor

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »
Thanks guys for all the photos.

I personally like this photo of Lama Osel very much. Despite having given back his robes, he remains true to the spirit of Dharma, and for me, this picture speaks volumes.

** taken at Lama Yeshe Stupa. Also goes to show that dorje shugden practitioners do reincarnate in good situations, so what's all that nonsense about worshipping a demon and going to hell?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
Very nice pic, Thor... yes i agree with you.. Lama Osel, like Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche, remain true to the Dharma regardless of whether they are in robes or not. All the great Lamas have reincarnated back... some are just waiting in the wings, waiting for the right time to emerge into the sunshine... may it be soon!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
This is such good news on Lama Osel visiting Lama Zopa.

From the body language of Lama Osel, it shows that he still have so much respect for Lama Zopa. Now is the time for all Lama Zopa and Lama Yeshe students to repair their samaya with their teacher. It is so important for some to truly regret what they have done wrong and not make Lama Osel's visit a temporal one.

I'm sure if Kopan Monastery is to start practicing Dorje Shugden again,the chances of Lama Osel staying and being guided by Lama Zopa to take over and to teach is so high.   

Maybe, Kopan Monastery should get another Dorje Shugden statue similar to the one Lama Yeshe has (pls click attached to see statue) and offer it up to Lama Osel.  :)

http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=8

DSFriend

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
Much appreciation for the few new pictures posted up by Wisdom Being and Dsiluvu!

We are told that Dorje Shugden practitioners cannot be with non- Dorje Shugden practitioners. the segregation in the monastery made such a huge impact that it "split" the sangha members, and families suffered so much.

Here we see two great masters so close to each other... when Lama Zopa claims he is not practicing and is Lama Osel a practitioner? If Lama Osel is a Dorje Shugden practitioner which I would like to believe so then what we are seeing now is a new beginning  - THE END of the ban!

beggar

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 04:45:14 PM »
Never forget that Lama Osel is after all, Lama Yeshe, so his choice to move away is not just a simple choice. And I do agree with what has been said about students not just waiting for Lama Zopa to become better but creating the causes to receive the teachings from a qualified teacher again.

This article reminded me of something I read recently, where Lama Osel is quoted to have said to Ven. Roger "I am creating my world, FPMT is doing well creating its world. Later, we will merge my world and FPMT."

This could well be the next phase of growth within FPMT - it's very much up to the students to make that "merge".

Mana

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »
Never forget that Lama Osel is after all, Lama Yeshe, so his choice to move away is not just a simple choice. And I do agree with what has been said about students not just waiting for Lama Zopa to become better but creating the causes to receive the teachings from a qualified teacher again.

This article reminded me of something I read recently, where Lama Osel is quoted to have said to Ven. Roger "I am creating my world, FPMT is doing well creating its world. Later, we will merge my world and FPMT."

This could well be the next phase of growth within FPMT - it's very much up to the students to make that "merge".

Beautiful. May both worlds merge. May this be the next phase of growth. We at this website rejoice when this happens.

Mana

Mana

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 05:53:35 PM »
Thanks guys for all the photos.

I personally like this photo of Lama Osel very much. Despite having given back his robes, he remains true to the spirit of Dharma, and for me, this picture speaks volumes.

** taken at Lama Yeshe Stupa. Also goes to show that dorje shugden practitioners do reincarnate in good situations, so what's all that nonsense about worshipping a demon and going to hell?

Lama Osel proves very clearly those who worship Shugden do not go to the Three Lower realms.

This picture does speak volumes. Whether Lama Osel is in robes or not, it does not matter. The merits, prayers and aspirations of Lama Yeshe will be in his mindstream it goes without saying. It just need to be 'triggered' open. May Lama Osel manifest the further spread of Dharma as he has done in his previous lives.

Mana

Barzin

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
OH MY!  For show reasons my heart is pumping with excitement upon seeing these pictures.  How wonderful Lama Osel is to visit Lama Zopa!  I guess the time is right?  Just when I began to wonder how come no high lamas visit Lama Zopa and here comes the pictures.  It is really really beautiful pictures. 

I am so eager to wanting to know what is going to happen next? 

icy

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »
It is my prayers come true when Lama Osel visited Lama Zopa.  I am on top of the world to see Lama Osel is reconnecting.  I am fighting back my tears.  Let's see what happen next.  My prayers to Dorje Shugden for Lama Osel to return FPMT and resume his work to benefit beings.

Big Uncle

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »
Lama Osel's distance from FPMT is an enduring reminder to us all to maintain our Samaya with our spiritual guides. If broken samaya is allowed to persist, it is creates a rift with from our Guru or the Guru is unable to reach us due to powerful karma. I am not saying this to say Lama Osel has broken samaya or his students have broken samaya. Remember, the effect always resembles the cause. In this case, Lama Osel could not have broken samaya because he showed many signs of accomplishment in his previous life. One just have to read his biography or listen to his profound teachings and instructions. Hence, it must come from the side of the student.

icy

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:26 AM »
Please do update on Lama Osel if anyone has more news.  I feel the world would be so fortunate to have Lama Osel returning to FPMT again.  I hope FPMT students will maintain clean samaya with lama Osel for this to happen.  It is not too late to amend broken samaya.

WoselTenzin

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
Lama Osel's distance from FPMT is an enduring reminder to us all to maintain our Samaya with our spiritual guides. If broken samaya is allowed to persist, it is creates a rift with from our Guru or the Guru is unable to reach us due to powerful karma. I am not saying this to say Lama Osel has broken samaya or his students have broken samaya. Remember, the effect always resembles the cause. In this case, Lama Osel could not have broken samaya because he showed many signs of accomplishment in his previous life. One just have to read his biography or listen to his profound teachings and instructions. Hence, it must come from the side of the student.

Results speaks louder than words.  Even though Lama Yeshe's incarnation, Lam Osel is back, he is currently not with FPMT guiding them as their Spiritual Advisor but instead have disrobed and does not want to have anything with FPMT.  If Lama Osel is an incarnation of Lama Yeshe who can take controlled rebith back to samsara, definitely the problem does not lie with him.

It is obvious that his students' (past and present) broken samaya with him is preventing him from being with them again.  Going against the practice of Dorje Shugden who is the protector of Lama Yeahe, is definitely broken samaya in the highest form.   It is a miracle his incarnation actually came back but I guess being with students with such serious broken samaya is karmically not possible.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »

Now what could Lama Osel mean? could it be that he is also doing Dorje Shugden works but in a covert way? Or at least, planting imprints for people to receive them in the future? He says he is making movies these days. But what I find more interesting is, many people have expressed much disappointment that Lama Osel has failed to manifest as a Lama, but here is Lama Osel leaving so much hints that he is still a Lama and his role and goal is still to benefit others. To me, this sweeps off so many doubts and rumors about him being a disappointment although outwardly he might say things like he felt out of place in the monastery and that he was forced to go through trainings, etc but statements like these make me believe that it is due to the broken samaya of the FPMT centers that Lama Osel appears in this way. And to me, Lama Osel's message is very clear: he is also waiting for the ban to be lifted before he starts teaching again and when he does it would be awesome. If FPMT did not become political and practiced Lama Yeshe's teachings all the way and not expel their Vajra siblings due to Dorje Shugden, Lama Osel would have came back full force. Not Lama Zopa's fault, just students who are too enraptured with the Dalai Lama until they discard their own Lama.

Tsk tsk, FPMT.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »

Beautiful. May both worlds merge. May this be the next phase of growth. We at this website rejoice when this happens.

Mana

A quick search of Lama Osel's recent activities reveal that he is still very much involved in the furtherance of FPMT work:

The following from Osel, was included in FPMT’s Annual Review, Feb 2011:

2011 was a great year for me. I was able to travel so much and had the opportunity to become involved in many FPMT activities.

I was thrilled to be able to meet many old friends and to make so many new friendships too.

From my home in Ibiza, Spain, I traveled to California for an FPMT Board meeting in March.
In April together with Gomo Tulku I traveled to Australia to visit Lama Zopa Rinpoche who was in the initial stages of recovering from his stroke.

In July I traveled to Kopan with Karuna Cayton. I very much wanted to visit Khensur Rinpoche Lama Lhundrup whose health was declining.

It turned out to be a great visit. Lama Zopa Rinpoche requested me to speak to the assembly of nuns at the nunnery and then to all the monks at the monastery. I was very happy with the visit and connected very well with the monks and nuns.

In August I was able to direct the filming of a documentary on Universal Wisdom Education (UWE) along with Matteo Passigato and other crew members. The filming took place at Vajrayogini Institute in France during the first international gathering of UWE which was attended by individuals and families from all over the world. The documentary is currently in the stage of “director’s final cut.”

In November I traveled with my partner Mai, and brother Kunkyen to India. We stayed in my former home Osel Labrang at Sera Monastery.

I was invited to address the Kopan monks at Sera and was able to spend time with my teacher, Geshe Genden Chomphel, and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. From Sera we traveled onto Bodhgaya to attend the Kalachakra initiation given by His Holiness the Dalai Lama in January 2012.

In between my travels, I have been developing a number of business concepts I hope will contribute to FPMT’s long-term sustainability.

So many people welcomed and helped me everywhere I went and I really thank everyone especially those I didn't get to thank personally. I am looking forward to being much more in touch with everyone who has been helping me over the years, and I am so happy to be available to help wherever I can in the future.

Big love,

Osel

So Lama Osel has not just dropped out of Dharma work but as the Update above indicates, he spent much of 2011 working on projects associated with the furtherance of Dharma. Osel himself said in 2009 that there is no separation between him and FPMT. Perhaps, there are those like Lama Osel, Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche and others who find that they are a lot more effective in spreading the dharma and the practice of Dorje Shugden by being away from the centre of politics, controversies and prying eyes.

Here is a link to Lama Osel's recent talk given to a community of Lama Tsongkhapa's practitioners in April 2012. In it he said that for the last 11 years he has been trying to help himself so that he can come out to help everybody else. I am encouraged to know that Lama Yeshe's incarnation is still very much in Dharma and I am quite sure Osel is still practicing Dorje Shugden:

http://www.fpmt.org/images/stories/teachers/osel/20120412-OselHitaTorres_with_Gomo_Tulku.mp3
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:56:13 AM by vajratruth »