Author Topic: Praise to Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche by Tsem Tulku Rinpoche  (Read 26777 times)

gomchen

Because it said from 'Tsem Tulku'. I doubt someone would pretend to give Geshe-la an offering from Tsem Tulku.

Positive Change

This is a most interesting thread and I must admit it is one that has indeed made me 'look into' the life of Tsem Tulku Rinpoche. There is a wealth of information out there via his blog, websites, you tube, his organisation, etc... just by googling his name. One thing puzzles me though, which brings me to this question:

Tulkus are meant to have total control over their rebirth but yet Tsem Tulku Rinpoche 'chose' the life he was born into. What does that mean? He could have had a very 'cushy' life being born near the monastery and being recognised at a tender age and carried off onto his throne. Why didnt he? the little I know of this RInpoche, I feel he is using his very life as a teaching and how incredibly skillful and compassionate that is or am i merely connecting wrong dots here.

Whatever the case, as a new person to this forum, I find it refreshing and interesting as there is a lot to read and absorb... to a point of being overwhelmed really but in a good way. What I do like about this is that it is not one sided which makes it more of an opinion based sharing as opposed to regular forums out there that are constantly putting someone or something down.

Kudos to the team... however, I do not wish to insult anyone but I prefer the previous look of the site.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
This is interesting. The offering wrapped with brown paper and addressed to Geshe Kelsang Gyatso with a marker pen sounds extremely unlike Tsem Tulku from what I have seen on his website. His followers tend to present gifts elaborately - far too flamboyantly for my liking personally - but to just leave a gift on a table for a Lama of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso's calibre is extremely out of character. Even for gifts to lay people, they go way overboard with presentation - just go have a look at their website.. they certainly get 10 out of 10 for effort! So if Tsem Tulku was to give a gift to a Lama, i am sure it would be even more elaborate, and not just left on a table somewhere. And this via another name thing sounds very odd.

Terribly sorry but something smells of crimson herring here - and a rotten one at that.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

gomchen

Hi Wisdom being,
I said what I saw because I thought people might be interested, it is no red herring. The way to make offerings to Geshe Kelsang at festivals, whoever they are from is to leave them on the offerings table, at some point his assistants come and get them and take them off somewhere. I guess it was covered so people could not see what was offered, I am pretty sure it was brown paper but I may be mistaken.
Many people leave offerings for Geshe Kelsang, they don't usually make a big song and a dance about it.
Thanks,
GR

WisdomBeing

I still think it's odd. I heard that Lamas and teachers have a different protocol when giving gifts to each other which is different from students/lay persons giving gifts to a teacher/Lama. Perhaps GKG is different.

Zach

I still think it's odd. I heard that Lamas and teachers have a different protocol when giving gifts to each other which is different from students/lay persons giving gifts to a teacher/Lama. Perhaps GKG is different.

If you where Tsem Rinpoche and you wished to give a gift to GKG do you think it would be wise to accounce it to the world ? especially with todays situation... :o

WisdomBeing

If you where Tsem Rinpoche and you wished to give a gift to GKG do you think it would be wise to accounce it to the world ? especially with todays situation... :o

Exactly - in that same vein - if you were Tsem Rinpoche, would you leave a gift on a table with your name in big black marker ink? weird if you ask me, any which way you want to look at it!

thaimonk

This has turned into one very strange thread. What's the point?

Zach

Exactly - in that same vein - if you were Tsem Rinpoche, would you leave a gift on a table with your name in big black marker ink? weird if you ask me, any which way you want to look at it!

Zach

This has turned into one very strange thread. What's the point?

Funny tagents come and go  :)
Back to topic it was a nice praise that all I can say.  ;D

gomchen

Sorry if people are confused. Just thought it was relevant to this thread, and that people might have been interested, I didn't expect people to be so suspicious.  :-\

heartjewel

I fully agree with Wisdom Being that Tsem Tulku Rinpoche would never leave a packet of brown paper with a marker pen for another Lama Ven Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche. Tsem Rinpoche being a Lama of status would not make a gift in that manner to another respected Lama like Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. I smell a rat somewhere. There may  be hateful and jealous people out there who are trying to tarnish the names of these two Lamas. One is a Geshe and one a reincarnate Tulku. I understand these two Lamas are very well known and there are people who want to destroy them.   

Robert Thomas

I'm not so sure either way. What I do know is Sing Rinpoche always spoke very highly of Venerable Geshe-la. And the following story informs my opinion if Tsem Rinpoche's special appreciation of Geshe-la, because he is clearly devoted to this great Master, his root Guru.

I once met a student of Geshe-la's who moved to Canada. In Canada he spent some time with different Lama's there. Eventually a monk who used to live in Song Rinpoche's labrang travelled many miles to meet him. He specifycally sought him out. When they met the monk explained that Song Rinpoche had spoken so highly of Geshe-la that he himself wanted to at least meet one of Geshe-la's students - now that he had the chance. The monk proceded to tell some extra-ordinary stories of one particular visit Geshe-la had paid to Song  Labrang, spending several days alone with Rinpoche . But those stories I don't think should be posted on the web - they are surely only meant for those who already hold this great teacher close in thier hearts.

Hope that's of interest

Robert

kurava

• Email
Honestly, I don't see the point of continuing with this thread . ???