Author Topic: Praise to Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche by Tsem Tulku Rinpoche  (Read 26779 times)

Lone Hermit

Looks like Tsem Rinpoche is a great teacher.

Some interesting information here:
www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3862&p=35587#p35587

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Ever since someone posted about Tsem Tulku Rinpoche awhile back on this forum, I've visited his blog, facebook and websites to make up my own mind. I agree with Thaimonk. He is a great teacher.

In his online teachings which I have come across, Tsem Tulku embodies what I think Buddhism is about - respect for others and never to harm. He rejoices for all - from HH Trijang Rinpoche to Mother Teresa to Gandhi to the vegetable seller in Taiwan. So it doesn't surprise me at all that he rejoices in Geshe Kelsang Gyatso's work too. Tsem Tulku is an excellent example of Dharma in action for all of us, if I may humbly say.

Robert Thomas - great to see that you are rejoicing for Tsem Tulku! And cool that you know Tsem Tulku's youtube videos so well! I agree that they are inspiring and thought provoking. Sometimes very mind bogglingly funny too, but always there's something to learn from! Haven't watched them all yet though. I'm still playing catch up - there are so many!

(by the way, i have a question - i see that Robert refers to Tsem Tulku Rinpoche as "Tsem Tulku" and Thaimonk refers to him as "Tsem Rinpoche" - which is the appropriate title/name so I do not contravene the correct protocol? And is there a standard rule for this to refer to other Lamas? I've also seen some people refer tol him as Lama Tsem. His blog address is http://blog.tsemtulku.com so I would think that Tsem Tulku is more correct? Sorry for this slight divergence from the topic - any advice appreciated.)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!

Thanks Lone Hermit... interesting info indeed.. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's response on his blog as referred to at Dharmawheel is very wise and humbling. i hope that with that personal message, it will finally put the rumours to bed.

I've seen so much idle chatter about Tsem Tulku Rinpoche online - at other forums and even here previously... At least here and at Dharmawheel, there seems to be sensible moderation to curtail idle chatter which is a transgression against our refuge vows.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thaimonk

Thanks Lone Hermit... interesting info indeed.. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's response on his blog as referred to at Dharmawheel is very wise and humbling. i hope that with that personal message, it will finally put the rumours to bed.

I've seen so much idle chatter about Tsem Tulku Rinpoche online - at other forums and even here previously... At least here and at Dharmawheel, there seems to be sensible moderation to curtail idle chatter which is a transgression against our refuge vows.

There is always alot of talk both negative and positive about a teacher who is well known, famous and doing much to benefit others. All the talk everywhere just goes to show that Tsem Rinpoche is very famous now. Perhaps the next Lama Yeshe or Geshe Kelsang or Trungpa?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:45:08 AM by Mana »

Mana

Interesting discussion. If Tsem Rinpoche says he follows Dalai Lama, then so be it. We don't have to think any further. Tsem Rinpoche follows the Dalai Lama and does not wish to practice Dorje Shugden. As he says, it's his life and his freedom to do so or do as he likes. He is an American and enjoys his freedom of religious practice unlike the Tibetans in India. I wish Tsem Rinpoche the best.

Good thing is Tsem Rinpoche does not criticize Dorje Shugden or practitioners anywhere. Very skilfull teacher. He is a true follower of his lama, he does his practice/works and does not criticize anyone else.

Helena

• Email
I didn't know that Tsem Tulku Rinpoche does not criticize Dorje Shugden. This is comforting to know. I am very happy to hear or learn of Lamas who do not utter ill words against our great Protector. Yes, it does show that Tsem Tulku Rinpoche is different from the rest. I wish there were more Lamas who can do the same. They do not need to criticize. They could observe a respectful silence.

Thanks for sharing, Mana.

Like what WB wrote earlier, idle chatter and gossips are no different. It is clear when some people are only interested in gossips and idle chatter, rather than Dharma discussions that promote learning and understanding.

Thank goodness this space is so different from the other places I have visited. I shall not name names here.

Thank you, Dorje Shugden.com!
Helena

gomchen

I saw a large offering from Tsem Tulku to Geshe Kelsang at the NKT festival in Singapore 2007. :)

Zach

Any Photos for that Gomchen ?  ???

dondrup

In this degenerate age, it is rare to find great and highly attained lamas. Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche (GKG) and His Eminence Tsem Tulku Rinpoche (TTR) are two excellent examples of these high lamas.

If not for His great book entitled "Transform Your Life", i would not have seriously entered the path to enlightenment. It is this book that has brought me back to Dharma and the lineage of Tsongkhapa and Protector Dorje Shugden.  How fortunate i am!

GKG has contributed so much to the spread of Buddhism in general and Lama Tsongkhapa Lineage in particular.  His biggest legacy to the World is the collection of more than 18 books on the teachings of Lamrim, Lojong and Mahamudra. His works have been translated into many languages and are easily accessible compared to Buddhist texts written in Tibetan language. All the books written by GKG are a must-have for Gelugpa practitioners. GKG's teachings come from an authentic source and lineage which trace back to Lama Tsongkhapa and Shakyamuni Buddha.

There are so much good qualities about GKG. But one that i would like to highlight is his perfect practice of guru devotion. He keeps his samaya with his root guru His Holiness Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche pure by upholding his devotion to Dorje Shugden practice. Imagine a lama who is disowned by his monastery and the Tibetan Government and people. GKG is all alone but he had persevered till today!   GKG is such a fearless, pure and sincere Dharma practitioner.  He had performed the deeds of the Buddhas.

TTR is such an unconventional and yet traditional Buddhist Master of this modern time.  Why is he so popular with huge following from people around the world?  It is obvious if we check all his current works in various forms - YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, blog and websites, we will see that he uses skilful means to reach out to many people. TTR's personal blog: blog.tsemtulku.com is highly recommended to all who are interested to learn Dharma in general and Vajrayana in particular.

When it comes to teachings, TTR is very traditional.  He never teaches anything that is not authentic and without a source.  All his teachings come from many of his gurus who themselves are highly attained Buddhist Masters of this age.  TTR emphasises pure and sincere practice. TTR shows perfect example of guru devotion.  There are many more good qualities about TTR. In fact TTR is performing the deeds of the buddhas.

In summary, the World is very fortunate to have GKG and TTR.

May Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and HE Tsem Tulku Rinpoche have long and stable health. 
May Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and HE Tsem Tulku Rinpoche continue to turn the Wheel of Dharma till the end of samsara.

OM BENZA WIKI BITANA SOHA.

Helena

• Email
As far as I am concerned, as long as they are great Gurus and they sincerely spread the Dharma or bring Dharma to places I have not even heard of or visited, it is a wonderful cause to rejoice and celebrate.

There are so many Gurus and each are different in their style. Different people will be attracted to different styles of teaching. That is a given. The point is that everyone has a fair chance and the good fortune to meet with a Guru in the first place. As long as there is a Guru in a place, or country, Dharma has a chance to take root and grow from there. And that means, people of that place or country have a chance to benefit and in turn, become beneficial to others too. It is a wonderful thing indeed.

May all Gurus have long life and spread the Dharma even further and wider.

The Gurus are the most precious jewels at this day and age.
Helena

vajrastorm

Yes, it’s rare and precious to have one Lama praising and rejoicing at the great Dharma works of another, even though this letter was written some years ago.

I have also checked and found out a fair bit about Tsem Tulku Rinpoche. From the literature, including his biography, he strikes me as an amazingly great Lama himself. Very resilient, always looking forward and from his teachings on Youtube, I can see he is a great teacher, full of live and fun. I also checked and found his blog – blog.tsemtulku.com – that contains a vast diversity of very interesting topics and posts, which, upon, reading and viewing, I find very beautifully Dharmic in content and approach.

gomchen

Hi Zach-la,

No sorry. It was left on the offerings table, wrapped up in brown paper, quite a large object if I remember correctly. It had instructions that it not be opened by anyone other than Geshe-la.

Zach

Hi Zach-la,

No sorry. It was left on the offerings table, wrapped up in brown paper, quite a large object if I remember correctly. It had instructions that it not be opened by anyone other than Geshe-la.

So I take it there was a message saying whom it was from then ?  :)

gomchen

Yep, it was written on in marker pen I think, quite large writing, I didn't look very closely, didn't need to, It was to Geshe-la from Tsem Tulku via another name I think. This is all I remember, I didn't pay too much attention, just remember thinking it was interesting that he had given Geshe-la an offering and that one or more of his students was at the festival.  :)

Zach

Yep, it was written on in marker pen I think, quite large writing, I didn't look very closely, didn't need to, It was to Geshe-la from Tsem Tulku via another name I think. This is all I remember, I didn't pay too much attention, just remember thinking it was interesting that he had given Geshe-la an offering and that one or more of his students was at the festival.  :)

Hmmm So how do you know it was from Tsem Rinpoche is it wasnt exactly his name ?  :P