Author Topic: SHAR GADEN'S LATEST PROJECT - A MONTHLY MAGAZINE  (Read 10693 times)

Helena

• Email
SHAR GADEN'S LATEST PROJECT - A MONTHLY MAGAZINE
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »
Look at what the monastery is doing - the monks came out with a new book.

Please read why they have undertaken this project.

It is truly heart warming.

Truly, there is really no comparison to what the Sangha has to go through and endures for the sake of Dharma.

The rest of us it so easy and so lucky.

We can sit back and have the Gurus and Dharma come to us.

We can choose to practise or not to practise, and even when we feel like abandoning our practice at certain times.

To the Sangha, their Dharma practice is their very life essence!

My deepest respect to the Sangha, who work so tirelessly to keep the Dharma alive and available for the rest of us.

My deepest gratitude to all the Sangha in the world!

Every community should and must help the Sangha in their areas. As the Ven Principal shared, the community is the Sangha's "back bone" because all funding and material support comes from the community.

In return, the community becomes a truly living humane spiritual society which is anchored on care, kindness, harmony, peace and integrity.

With folded hands.

( I have taken the liberty to highlight the words which moved me deeply in BLUE.)

Shar Gaden School has recently published a monthly magazine called “The Melodic Song of Undiluted Vows” “Tibetan Version” which consists poetry, essay, tales, drawings etc composed by the students themselves. Ven Principal Lobsang Jamyang & and the members of the library had been working on this project for many days and had collected every piece of composition from the composers but due to assembly of usual pujas and other commitments, there had been a little delay in publishing this magazine.

As Ven principal says ” at initial state of this project, there had been diverse problem from many aspects such as; lack of leisure time for the student to compose-even thought we have a holiday once in a week, we spend it on washing our robes and cleaning surrounding. And then there’s a financial lack which is a major problem whatever we use-we have to pay for it without any regular income or revenue. We never intend to make profits when publishing books etc instead intend to spread an awareness of how important a pure lineage is and how costly it would be if we lose it carelessly. A pure lineage of one tradition is everything ! One could not imagine, in the past, how many masters  had dedicated their entire lives facing great hardship only for sack of pure lineage. It would be a great lose if we let the pure lineage contaminated. We are very please that our friends around the world are as very much concerned as we are, which is a priceless and a very encouraging. Such is the greatest backbone of one community ever could have.   “ohh” am I talking too much”  So finally, we are able to complete the project and I would like to express sincere thank to all-whoever involved in it and for extending great cooperation.  The essence of publishing this magazine is to promote education of the  students and to let our esteemed friends know what the students think by this interactive  manner. So therefore, we welcome your feedback, comments and suggestion so that we can improve farther.”

For feedback, comment, suggestion or to order-kindly write us @ [email protected]

Mailing address:

Shar Gaden School
Lama Camp#1, PO Tibetan Colony,
Mundgod-581411, Distt karwar, KS
INDIA

Source: http://shargadenpa.org/new-book
Helena

DSFriend

Re: SHAR GADEN'S LATEST PROJECT - A MONTHLY MAGAZINE
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
Shar Gaden is not only courageous for standing firm on what they believe, but also is progressive in promoting the monastery. Also as reported by TS, more and more monks are joining this monastery. Wow! How wonderful that the lineage of Dorje Shugden is growing!

thaimonk

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:40 AM »
Dear Helena,

Thanks for taking the time and care to promote the holy activities of Shar Gaden Monastery. It is indeed a delight to be able to receive this magazine and promote it.

Whatever it takes to promote Shar Gaden is definitely contributing to the growth of our lineage.

I look forward to this magazine. How to get it?

It is online??

hope rainbow

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
To make this magazine available online would be real nice!
Though if it is in tibetan, well... only tibetan speakers will read it.
I believe there are a lot of people who would be interested to know of what is happening at the monastery, and feel more connected this way.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 02:17:29 PM »
Thanks Helena for the article... so great that Shar Gaden has a monthly magazine! I've written to Ven Lobsang Jamyang at the email address you mentioned to ask how I can get hold of a copy. I know it's in Tibetan but i'd love to see what it looks like and I don't mind paying for a copy - after all, it goes to support this amazing monastery!

I'll let you guys know when I receive a reply.

In the meantime, here's an image of the magazine to whet everyone's appetite..
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

beggar

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »
This has really helped me for the day, so inspiring:

As Ven principal says ” at initial state of this project, there had been diverse problem from many aspects such as; lack of leisure time for the student to compose-even thought we have a holiday once in a week, we spend it on washing our robes and cleaning surrounding. And then there’s a financial lack which is a major problem whatever we use-we have to pay for it without any regular income or revenue. We never intend to make profits when publishing books etc instead intend to spread an awareness of how important a pure lineage is and how costly it would be if we lose it carelessly. A pure lineage of one tradition is everything ! One could not imagine, in the past, how many masters  had dedicated their entire lives facing great hardship only for sack of pure lineage.

Just like Helena, it has moved me very much to read this. It seems that nothing will bring the sangha of Shar Gaden down. With so much to do, very busy study schedules and the lack of support (financially or otherwise), they continue to push boundaries and do more and more. They don't know how they can do it, they just do it.

This is the spirit of a Dorje Shugden practitioner. We don't need to even talk about miracles - the biggest miracle is to see the strength, commitment, tenacity and devotion of these practitioners. This is the best reflection of their practices. If I didn't know anything about DS, but saw just the example of these monks, I would think immediately that these practices (and Dorje Shugden among them) are a good thing.

All the riots, the bashing down doors, the protesting, the letters, the legal cases.... yes they help to a certain extent to bring awareness to the situation, but what the monks of Shar Gaden are doing is the real inspiration. In my humble opinion, this is what will really make Dharma and Dorje Shugden continue to grow in the world. They are actually DOING SOMETHING to propogate and preserve the lineage and teachings, which is far beyond the politicking and windbagging on and on.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 04:48:05 PM »
Dear Thai Monk,

There is no online version of the magazine. They are all hard copies and in Tibetan, I believe.

Thanks to Wisdom Being who took the initiative of writing an email to Ven Lobsang Jamyang to enquire further.

Like her, I do not mind if being in Tibetan - it just to have a copy and to know it is part of the monks' hard work and dedication to the lineage. That is worth supporting any time, any day in my books.

I will await with bated breath and much anticipation when Wisdom Being gets a reply.

It's so lovely that everyone in this Forum helps one another in this way. Everyone gets to learn more and the monastery gets more support.

The spirit of the Dorje Shugden Sangha is what inspires me every single day.

Like a vajra, they do not give up. Indestructible faith and devotion to do their best to bring the lineage to others because they understand how much it can benefit everyone.

Where will we be without any courageous Sangha who thinks nothing of themselves, but only to spread the Dharma to others?

Helena

triesa

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
I rejoice in all the hard work of the Shar Ganden monks in making this monthly magazine, very typical of Dorje Shugden practitioners, braving through hard waters and in promoting the lineage in which ever way they can.

May we all work like the Shar Ganden monks, even with very limited resources and much obstacles, nothing can stop their devotion to Dorje Shugden.

pgdharma

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »
I fold my hands to  the monks of Shar Ganden for coming out with a monthly magazine. It just  shows their great devotion to Dorje Shugden. Having  faith and trust in this sacred protector,  they are able to overcome the many obstacles faced in promoting the lineage which will benefit so many. What an inspiring news!

DSFriend

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »

This is the spirit of a Dorje Shugden practitioner. We don't need to even talk about miracles - the biggest miracle is to see the strength, commitment, tenacity and devotion of these practitioners. This is the best reflection of their practices. If I didn't know anything about DS, but saw just the example of these monks, I would think immediately that these practices (and Dorje Shugden among them) are a good thing.

Dear Beggar

I totally agree with what you shared... developing inner qualities are what we are after in here we have such exemplary conduct. This is a reflection of who Dorje Shugden is!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
More info
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 06:23:12 PM »
Today I was talking with one of the monks who worked on the magazine about the possibility of collaberating on a translation of portions of the magazine, and it may be possible, but it would be very time consuming.

There are, however, plans to create a similar magazine, although with different content, for English readers to enjoy.

I will let you know when I hear more.

jessicajameson

• Email
Re: More info
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »
Today I was talking with one of the monks who worked on the magazine about the possibility of collaberating on a translation of portions of the magazine, and it may be possible, but it would be very time consuming.

There are, however, plans to create a similar magazine, although with different content, for English readers to enjoy.

I will let you know when I hear more.

Hello Tenzin Sungrab,

That would be really good! It would be nice to read the magazine in English!

I think that for those people who are solitary practitioners of Dorje Shugden, the magazine might serve to be quite encouraging for them. To read a magazine produced by a group of open Dorje Shugden practitioners (and sangha members) would prove to be an interesting read... 

If it was translated, do try to put the pages online - or rather perhaps if the DS.com administrators were to get a hard copy, they could scan in onto their website?

It'll be easier to share with those on the net, especially those on Facebook!! :)

DSFriend

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
To make this magazine available online would be real nice!
Though if it is in tibetan, well... only tibetan speakers will read it.
I believe there are a lot of people who would be interested to know of what is happening at the monastery, and feel more connected this way.

I totally agree.

TS,
Any possibility of tweaking Shar Gaden's website to include a download feature? :)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
Just saw this on Shar Gaden's facebook. It announces their new English (yay) magazine, called "Vajra". They say they will reveal the history of Shar Gaden and Ser Pom in this upcoming mag.

They also welcome contributions! Check out the vid:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1769400448351
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

triesa

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »
Just saw this on Shar Gaden's facebook. It announces their new English (yay) magazine, called "Vajra". They say they will reveal the history of Shar Gaden and Ser Pom in this upcoming mag.

They also welcome contributions! Check out the vid:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1769400448351

Wow! WB, this is great news. They also welcome suggestions on the English Magazine, you can write your suggestions to [email protected]

As the video says, there will be no mumbos jumbos, the magazine is to tell the truth and help everyone for a better understanding.

Hope we can download it on line when it is ready.