Author Topic: Removing Inner Obstacles Related to the Controversy  (Read 10307 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Removing Inner Obstacles Related to the Controversy
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 11:47:15 AM »
Well, back to inner obstacles related to the controversy, I think that Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche summarizes it very well in Music Delighting An Ocean of Conquerors when he said this:-

But some who are narrow minded, not understanding this point, consider this Dharmapala to be like an ordinary worldly being and, with supposed faith in the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama, disparage him; or else they indeed admire this great Dharmapala but criticize the Dalai Lama or Panchen Lama. Using either one as a reason not to admire the other and speaking badly about either in any way is the conduct of an ordinary being who, under the influence of attachment and hatred, just tries to help friends and hurt enemies; it obscures the increase of these great holy Aryas' deeds and creates the karmic cause to experience unbearable suffering in the future. Why is this true? Because it is utterly impossible that such great beings, who are special emanations of Arya Avalokiteswara and Buddha Amitabha, could lack the power to overcome the harmful force of any sort of magical spell, harmful demon, or spirit. This is because they are both powerful Lords who have overcome external and internal maras without exception.

I think Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is very clear about this and although he wrote it before the Dalai Lama came out with the ban, it is clear now that he has foreseen the controversy and the ban. If we really think deeply, the controversy is just about hurting our enemies and helping our friends. That is very practical explanation and to me, it is a rather un-spiritual and un-Buddhist practice to uphold this ban.

In here, it is very clear that Trijang Rinpoche made it very clear on what should be done with regards to this controversy which, could in reality be just a play between the enlightened beings to tame our minds and to find an alternate way of reaching out to people. There is a trend now of people who does not like mainstream things and perhaps, this method of manifesting is to cater to those people. It could be that the Dalai Lama is asking these people to think deeper and to read between the lines instead of being zombie followers of the teachings and to snap people out of this personality cult. I am sure the Dalai Lama has Guru devotion to Trijang Rinpoche and to Reting Rinpoche, otherwise he would not have been a successful spiritual leader.

there was a story of how a famous teacher whose teacher was a lowly cowherd, this famous teacher was giving a teaching when he saw his teacher approaching and then denied seeing his teacher, his eyeballs fell off immediately. If merely by doing that would have such repercussions, if HHDL's actions are negative then it should have a more powerful impact...if it did not have such negative results, it could only mean that he is doing the right thing.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 10:55:56 AM »
Excellent responses..thank you.

Ensapa, your last post reflects my understanding that meaning of life is realization and the only thing going on is a dialogue between our self and the Lama. Even science is confirming how subjective reality is, and this is confirming the truth that if we purify our mind we purify our reality. One of my Lamas explained that his way of dealing with the controversy is to maintain pure conceptions and pure appearances; that the appearance of conflict and faults is a mistaken appearance to an ordinary mind. Of course to ordinary beings there appear to be many people of different dispositions and capacities, and conventions are to be dealt with in different ways, and we can certainly use every aspect of it to increase realizations of the other stages of the path of lamrim and lojong. I believe his comment to me points directly at how we need to take complete responsibility for our own appearances, views, and intentions, for at the end of the day, at the end of our life, that we aligned ourself with enlightened views and intentions is the only thing that really matters.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »
Excellent responses..thank you.

Ensapa, your last post reflects my understanding that meaning of life is realization and the only thing going on is a dialogue between our self and the Lama. Even science is confirming how subjective reality is, and this is confirming the truth that if we purify our mind we purify our reality. One of my Lamas explained that his way of dealing with the controversy is to maintain pure conceptions and pure appearances; that the appearance of conflict and faults is a mistaken appearance to an ordinary mind. Of course to ordinary beings there appear to be many people of different dispositions and capacities, and conventions are to be dealt with in different ways, and we can certainly use every aspect of it to increase realizations of the other stages of the path of lamrim and lojong. I believe his comment to me points directly at how we need to take complete responsibility for our own appearances, views, and intentions, for at the end of the day, at the end of our life, that we aligned ourself with enlightened views and intentions is the only thing that really matters.

Just a little addendum to what that i have already said and what you have already said as well: There is only one way to handle/view the controversy: it is by realizing that appearances can be deceiving. No matter how much the actor on the silver screen seems to grieve for his on-screen children, the reality is that those are not his children and he is not their father and the emotion is just for show. So to apply to the current situation, the fact that HHDL is still HHDL means that it is part of a bigger picture, his actions against Dorje Shugden is just an act. It is not real and it is void of reality. But if we create harmful actions based on this, we will have to reap really heavy negative karma in the near future.